Totally Official, Approved, Cat Thread

Seicher Rae
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 342 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Oh my. If you are in a down mood, start reading this thread from the beginning. :) (If I do say so myself, which obviously I am.)

I've just gone through 9 pages and I'm happy now. (Although I wish some of those posters were still here...)

I did notice several of the videos are no longer available, and one of mine was one of those, so... my favorite commercial of all time:

• Like 4

So I was out of the house for a few hours the other day. When I got home, I found one high cat. He had managed to open the kitchen cupboard and get his catnip. He dragged it into the living room and managed to get it open and had a very good time. He was just rolling about on the kitchen floor, looking very happy!

May be an image of cat and indoorMay be an image of indoor

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Carolyn Zapedzki said:

So I was out of the house for a few hours the other day. When I got home, I found one high cat. He had managed to open the kitchen cupboard and get his catnip. He dragged it into the living room and managed to get it open and had a very good time. He was just rolling about on the kitchen floor, looking very happy!

This brought up a happy memory for me. I had a flame point Himalayan boy who loved catnip, and he was a super sweet drunk, much like you described, rolling around in the 'nip.  I used to have an herb garden and grew catnip and it can get quite tall. (I also had to put steel cages around it or the stray cats would pull it up!) I harvested a plant and bunched the stalks together to hang from the ceiling to dry. Well, I don't know how he got to it, but he did. He pulled down a couple of stalks, that were like 3 feet tall, and as best I can tell he ate one whole stalk, leaving behind only the very woody bits and some various leaves. Oh. My. Gawd. There's never been such a stoned kitty. I watched him like a hawk, in case he had ODed, but nope. Just one very happy boy kitty. :)

• Like 2

The "Cat Cafe" videos on social media are fun, I was surprised to see a video of a "Cat Fight" at a Cat Cafe the other day. (More surprised it didn't  come up before. Cats don't always get along in my personal experience!)

I used to really, really, really be a cat fancier. Always had cats. Not for about 25 years now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 342 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.