Next theme teaser (after the stilts!)

Claire Atheria
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

15 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

On a different note, I don't recall seeing mentioned yet this tidbit from Patch via Inara Pey's blog:

https://modemworld.me/2020/12/04/an-alpine-touch-for-linden-homes-in-second-life/

Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 10.31.52 AM.png

That's cool to know, thank you! The word 'Fachwerkhaus' comes up with a collection of houses on google which are half-timbered, and which definitely could be a design inspiration for the not-chalets.
It may be a mischievious thought, but I wonder why the german moles didn't simply take photos of german houses, in Germany? 'Yes Boss, those theme park photos are lovely and very useful, we'll definitely look at those later.'
Dutch influence seems credible too after visiting the build.
The end result is fairly generic, which I guess gives people a chance to see these as they would like.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Who posted about using half of the house as a store? (Roleplay store) The houses that have a large, open room downstairs would be perfect for this.

It was me. In my part of the world, we have several tiny towns on the outskirts of larger metropolitan areas that have been converted into shopping areas containing specialty handcrafted items. Many of those stores are converted turn of the 20th century homes. Those homes typically have a residence or office on the top floor with the bottom floor containing the store in two story homes. Those homes still have rooms on the first floor. So this idea could be used even without opening the full bottom floor. I think having rooms and not just one large open room can actually work better for a gallery.

OTSpring.thumb.png.5de9de80a376c53df8140e5cb08c30b2.png

This is in Texas. No particular theme here, just a reuse of a once residential area turned commercial use. Now another inspiration for creating a shopping area came from a town in California where I grew up. Probably my favorite vacation destination growing up as a child was Solvang.

The Best Things To Do In Amazing Solvang, Plus Where To Eat And Stay -  TravelAwaits

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Now another inspiration for creating a shopping area came from a town in California where I grew up. Probably my favorite vacation destination growing up as a child was Solvang.

Another native Californian here, whose family would travel to Solvang, The Nut Tree, and  Lake Tahoe for our day trips and vacations!   A faux shopping area in the new chalet regions would be very fun  :) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 12/6/2020 at 4:32 PM, Malayaa said:

I remember touring the Log Homes preview, and thinking that they looked kind of bland inside and difficult to furnish, then the homes were released and right away creators were offering additions and Belli peeps were showing their furnished homes and landscaped yards, and wow what a difference!  Wound up with several versions over time of warm, colorful and cozy log homes that I was very happy with.   So when I got the same feeling about the Chalets, how am I going to make these look like home, I knew not to worry  :)  Coincidentally I found a store yesterday who sells Tudor Chalet Cottages AND windmills!  The cottages have cute stone cladding on the outside...mullioned windows...and warm beams inside.  See interior/exterior pics below for inspiration! 

1509154539_Windmillsandtudorexterior.png.de081c304479519ac4d547876cad2bf0.png

432503932_Windmillsandtudorinterior.png.d564b38f6847ce678b933401e76f328c.png

what store was this do you remember

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

OMG - WOW.  Maybe that is what all those regions are that @Daniel Voyager just posted about in the SSP thread.

Now I have to go get some accounts ready.

Patch Linden said the Chalet Linden Homes will probably be released in a couple of weeks time which is roughly the first week of April 2021. I think there is two themes linked together including the Chalets looking at the some of the new regions appearing on the map. 

The next LH theme will be announced at SL18B in June 2021 followed by a release soon after that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, xViXeNx71 said:

Alot of those regions have German names, so it's very likely to be the chalets theme.

If I decide to get a chalet, I’ll probably name it either Frankenmuth or Zehnder, after the nearby Michigan town. Frankenmuth is  Michigan’s most visited attraction. I guess people love faux German towns. 

• Like 2

On 3/11/2021 at 9:46 AM, Malayaa said:

Compulsion, they are kind of hard to find in world but have a link to their SL store on their marketplace listings

I found the inworld store at  Overdrive Island (39, 126, 26)  They also have Solaire, $2800L & 162Li, which looks a lot like one of the Meadowbrook houses

• Like 2

12 hours ago, GinaFreumann said:

I found the inworld store at  Overdrive Island (39, 126, 26)  They also have Solaire, $2800L & 162Li, which looks a lot like one of the Meadowbrook houses

Great find! Compulsion sells beautiful homes, furnishings, and some garden, which to my novice eye look very well made and with low / very reasonable triangles and LODs which don't melt at some distance, my new low lag shopping standards.   http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Overdrive Island/84/92/26

• Like 3

I went back to the Chalet demo region that was re-opened.  They have made some interesting modifications to the original 4 layouts that we were shown - layouts that are more open downstairs and/or upstairs.

The Alpenrose has a downstairs containing 4 distinct rooms (counting the foyer, but not the enclosed entry) and 3 enclosed rooms upstairs.  The open plan version, called the Albus, has a fully open downstairs, once you step in from the enclosed entryway - and the upstairs now has one small room and one large room.

The Edelweiss is already fully open downstairs and the upstairs has 2 rooms off of a landing area.  The new open version, called the Eikelen, is the same downstairs, but the upstairs is now a large room off of the landing area and then a smaller room at one end inside the large room (for a closet or bathroom or baby room).

The downstairs of the Matterhorn has the stairs right in the center, with 2 distinct rooms off each side of the foyer.  The upstairs has a landing area in the middle with a room off to each side.  The open version of this one is called Moritzburg.  The walls enclosing the foyer have been removed to allow it to be as open as possible with that stairway in the center. The upstairs is now a huge landing area with just one enclosed room off of it.

The Reizend enters into a large room that then has 4 distinct rooms opening off of it, three of which have a door. The Ravensburg is the open floor plan version and it has most of the original inner walls removed, except for leaving the one fully enclosed room with a door.  Both of these models are single story.

Many of the opened up floor plans still contain some small or partial walls, providing a tiny bit of room division, but still very open. Many of the original versions felt cramped to me, so I really love these open plans a lot. 

ETA:  I edited to change the Reizend specs to say 'three' of the rooms have doors -- based on a post by Frigga.  Can't find the 'Strikethru' option, so I put it in Italics.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 5

13 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I went back to the Chalet demo region that was re-opened.  They have made some interesting modifications to the original 4 layouts that we were shown - layouts that are more open downstairs and/or upstairs.

Where is the demo region? I'd like to see them again.

1 minute ago, Malayaa said:

Clicking on the windows in the Chalet demo area, the blinds seem to be on a window by window basis, which would be awesome if that is the final implementation....

I didn't even remember how the original ones were done.  I only know that I didn't like the "entire room" method that is used in the Stilts.

• Moles
Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

I didn't even remember how the original ones were done.  I only know that I didn't like the "entire room" method that is used in the Stilts.

If you rerez a stilt house, you should find that's now been changed, at the same time we fixed a bug that caused transparent windows  to appear opaque on some machines at particular viewer settings.

Because of the way the stilt houses were constructed, some windows on different walls of the same room are set to the same mesh face, so those have to change together, but whenever possible they now change separately.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 11

10 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

If you rerez a stilt house, you should find that's now been changed, at the same time we fixed a bug that caused transparent windows  to appear opaque on some machines at particular viewer settings.

Because of the way the stilt houses were constructed, some windows on different walls of the same room are set to the same mesh face, so those have to change together, but whenever possible they now change separately.

Awesome - THANKS MUCH for that change !!!!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Quartz Mole said:

Thanks, Quartz - I'm hoping the flower box won't be 'fixed' in its current position at the entrance to the Reizend, with its butt appearing as a 'feature' in the dining room area!  ;)

dining.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The Reizend enters into a large room that then has 4 distinct rooms opening off of it, one of which has a door. The Ravensburg is the open floor plan version and it has most of the original inner walls removed, except for leaving the one fully enclosed room with a door.  Both of these models are single story.

The Reizend (v.5.75) has 3 internal doors. 

reiz1.jpg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Thanks, Quartz - I'm hoping the flower box won't be 'fixed' in its current position at the entrance to the Reizend, with its butt appearing as a 'feature' in the dining room area!  ;)

dining.jpg

Aren't those boxes separate items in the content packs? I thought I'd seen that in a thread previously (probably in a post by Abnor Mole.)

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.