Next theme teaser (after the stilts!)

Claire Atheria
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1121 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, foneco Zuzu said:

Well the new theme is a lot dull i must say.

For sure we will see lots of great add ons for them, but personally, nothing beats the logs so far.

This is why LL makes so many different Themes - for all of the different tastes.

I have very little interest in the Log Homes or Campers or Victorians or even the upcoming Stilt homes.  I love the Traditionals and the Houseboats -- and I'm very much looking forward to playing with these new Chalets.

• Like 6

I love the Log Homes and Houseboats. And I will enjoy strolling through the Chalet neighborhoods, as much as I enjoyed running through the camper ones, even if they don't catch me enough to get them. I will try out a Stilt, when they come out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, arabellajones said:

That wasn't how they looked to me. Looks like a particular sort of Mock Tudor, the sort of fakery built in the 1930s with stucco and wooden slats hiding the conventional house-building of the time.

All the houses have the name "chalet" in them (if you right-click to see their name), so that's all I was implying.

After I posted that, Patch also confirmed they would be called chalets -- someone else had asked in-world when the region opened.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, foneco Zuzu said:

I have to wonder if they will be allowed to have a diff exterior painting.

Someone had posted before that the supplied colors would be subtle so that nothing looks like an easter egg.  Thus, I'd guess that purchased exteriors will need to stay in a similar palette or risk being disallowed.

They did crack down on those that tried to go bold with the Victorians.  I've run across a few really wild exteriors in the Traditionals that I have reported, but no clue if they are still there as I never went back to check.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

They did crack down on those that tried to go bold with the Victorians. 

Oh, I didn't know that. I have seen a couple of appalling Vics with each panel a different day-glo color. Maybe I should AR next time I see them, because they look awful compared to the rest of the neighborhood.

• Like 3

This was posted earlier in chat in world.

The demo region is open!!! http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/American Cancer Society/126/238/24
[06:22:16] Patch Linden: There will be 8 floor plans btw, the 4 represented here, and 4 more "open concept" floor plans
[06:26:07] Patch Linden: The inspiration was German, specifically prototyped after the village of Helen, GA in the northeast Georgia mountains.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

I was not expecting to like these as much as I do, but they incorporate aspects of everything I like about the other houses. The layout of the Matterhorn feels like a cabin got together with a Hardy and had a baby.

(An inevitable consequence of mixing different types of housing on the same region, I suppose.)

I don't know which is my favourite but am leaning Alpenrose because it seems the most bathroom-friendly.

• Like 3

I went to look today and... I kind of like them. If I still owned 4096m of mainland I'd happily have bought one. But on a 1024m parcel I think they are much too big and it will be difficult to decorate them adequately within the LI limits. If they were the same size as the Trads, I'd be wanting to go for one.

• Like 1

Well, hmm...  I like the streets and the tiled sidewalks. They look so organized and clean. 😁 The landscaping is also neat. And pretty flowers here and there!
The houses need more inspecting to be able to say something about them. I guess I would like more about the next four coming house types with more open floor plan.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

I still don't understand the doors, but maybe they will replace them before the homes are released.  

As for using homes in Helen, GA for inspiration, I have a feeling that this wasn't the first time that they have done that.

Holy Moly!  Good find, Matthieu! 

I am left wondering which town in the US has all of the Victorian styles in it.  (ETA: my money is on Savannah, GA, a lovely town which has a Victorian district).

I don't think I'll be fishing for a chalet unless there are some in less dense regions with more interesting geography.  I bet there will be, though, so I'm looking forward to seeing the open floorplans.

These are being shown on a region which is at the same water level as usual.  I wonder if that'll be the case, or if they will be at a higher level, ringed by mountains, with no oceanic connections, like the logs?

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1121 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.