You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1368 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Aloha all. Hope you're healthy and happy!

I like that SL is a place in which people can explore sides of themselves that they may not be able to do in RL. But having said that, the selection of clothing on SL Marketplace is super frustrating. It's REALLY difficult to find the sort of clothing most of us probably normally wear. You know, like a blouse that isn't open to the navel, or a pair of shorts that barely covers the butt. I'm not conservative, I just don't want to dress like some hormonal kid's wet dream. Are there clothing stores out there for the rest of us? I'd really appreciate any recommendations. Thanks!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, AlohaShoyu said:

like some hormonal kid's wet dream

Did you know studies indicate that women actually more often dress and accessorize to compete with one another even more than for attracting the opposite sex?

Although you may have to take it with a gain of salt. The same studies also put men in the accessories category.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

This topic comes up quite often and now we have pictures!

There are quite a few normal styled outfits and you'd be surprised how many stores that sell sexy clothing, sell regular outfits too. Don't be afraid to mix and match items from different stores. You got some good suggestions, and here's a couple more:

website_army.jpg?1551462209

website_gray.jpg?1543957720

marketplace_vendor_vintage_jacket_blushe

demo.jpg?1545578082

Edited by Janet Voxel
  • Like 7

38 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

This topic comes up quite often and now we have pictures!

There are quite a few normal styled outfits and you'd be surprised how many stores that sell sexy clothing, sell regular outfits too. Don't be afraid to mix and match items from different stores. You got some good suggestions, and here's a couple more:

website_army.jpg?1551462209

website_gray.jpg?1543957720

marketplace_vendor_vintage_jacket_blushe

demo.jpg?1545578082

these are all really nice.

.. it frustrates me that so many mega selling places seem to put out nothing but ***** wear.  Blueberry, scandal etc.  and to me it seems like the same thing over and over.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

A lot of the Japanese designers make regular clothes too. It must be a cultural thing. My first suggestion for this topic would be Neve.

I was going to suggest Neve too. Not my personal taste, but they do make some lovely stuff.

Also Just Because -- I don't know if anyone has mentioned them.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

these are all really nice.

.. it frustrates me that so many mega selling places seem to put out nothing but ***** wear.  Blueberry, scandal etc.  and to me it seems like the same thing over and over.

Yes, and the biggest stores, give out store credits "all" the time. Like now. This is of course to get people into buying their stuff, and always a little more than the store credit. Because, there is some store credit left after they buy two things, and then customers"fill up" with more L to buy a last outfit. One smart store wipes the store credit some weeks after a sale, so it is not possible to save up egough for a mega pack. It is the same store that only sell patterns in megapacks...

You are right about the monotony of it all. The stores have found what sells for them, and having new items every week or every second week, is more of the same. But they are a success, so I think they continue.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

One smart store wipes the store credit some weeks after a sale, so it is not possible to save up egough for a mega pack. It is the same store that only sell patterns in megapacks...

At Hilly Haalan everything is a megapack. And its sold for the price of 1 color, compared to other brands.
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/141517

She creates a lot of sexy clothes, but also a lot whats more casual.
hilly3.jpg.239487f0921b8d193d8b69290c14d5bb.jpg

hilly1.jpg.b5d64ca023dc435fae1b33a150b9c909.jpg

hilly5.jpg.3fe1ea469b9d3a4f99c3729cdcd54a05.jpg

hilly4.jpg.5fff574f4303f307a400079d084a294f.jpg

hilly2.jpg.50ef4e8e487077f590d73f5d7e7b5ece.jpg

• Like 6

Yes, Hilly Haalan is a good example. I am also using the store credits I get. Can never have too many jeans. Capri jeans, bootcut jeans, flare jeans. I buy a single color, because I do not need a fatpack of jeans with 20 different shades of blue and 10 of grey to black. (Exaggerating the numbers, maybe. Did not count. But it feels like there is so many)

And also a gown in one of my favorite colors. Very good gowns and jeans in that store.

As soon as you walk past the sexy clothes, there are always more modest clothes hiding. There, the store credit spent on a pair of jeans and a gown.

BoM let us use tops that cover the naked belly and plunging neckline, it is also saving outfits.

• Like 1

I have never found it particularly difficult to find modest attire at most stores, but sometimes you do have to get inventive. Like Marianne said, consider getting some nice BOM pieces to wear under some of your clothes. I recommend Izzies and AlaskaMetro. Things like opaque tights  under a short skirt or a tank top under  a low cut blouse can make some more risque clothing more casual and wearable. Other stores with conservative options : Tetra, Secret Store, Giz Seorn, Pixicat, Cheezu, Belle Epoque, and list could go on forever. If you are looking for modest shoes try Ingenue or Reign.

Edited by Laurel Aurelia
  • Like 5

28 minutes ago, Laurel Aurelia said:

Like Marianne said, consider getting some nice BOM pieces to wear under some of your clothes. I recommend Izzies and AlaskaMetro.

This is always a good answer.

In addition to Izzie's and Alaska Metro, try Baby Monkey, which has very nice and extremely cheap applier / BoM tees:

BM_Baby_Tees_Basics_ad.jpg?1518539381

Also Little Black Dress:

Simple_Tank_Mkt.jpg?1504415276

And Zaara:

xstreet%20isis%20shirts%20black.jpg?1324

And Luxuria:

Luxuria%20Basic%20Cami%20SS%2020.jpg?159

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Virtue is another store that is dedicated in carrying modest clothing.

If you don't have BOM enabled as others are suggesting for modest covering, there are also appliers you can get for certain mesh bodies. Baby Monkey is a store where they have the appliers and system layers all in one pack. 

Points upward...as @Scylla Rhiadrapointed out so much better than I about the appliers and BOM layers.

Edited by Dafadilia Wayfarer
Had to give credit where credit is due...
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

They've been mentioned:  Tres Blah, Ison, Neve are one's I've used.  Tres Blah is a favorite.  Giz Seorn perhaps too.

I want to look like a trollop...I just don't know where I can actually wear trollop clothing to.  

Edited by FairreLilette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1368 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.