LL please, stop using that bot boxy3000

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1326 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For a change, a grumbling thread by me.

Of late in live chat with support, a bot is in use called Boxy3000

Quite frankly, it's nothing but spam you get from it when you make a request in live chat,and I don't know about anyone else but this is REALLY starting to get up my nose.

Linden Lab, I daresay you have your reasons for trialing it, but surely enough is enough?

Anyone else had enough of it? Hoping if we get enough responses here, we might be able to get them to reconsider it's use.

@Patch Lindenfingers crossed

• Like 4

I haven't used Live Chat in a while so I don't know first hand, but considering Live Chat is one of the perks of Premium membership, it seems strange to then downgrade that feature. It's like hey sign up for premium and you can get direct help from one of our bots whenever you need. That's no longer a selling point.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Is that ALL you get on live chat now? A canned response? Like AdminGirl stated, Live Chat is one of the perks of Premium.

you type your request in the live chat window, then you get a spammed response from boxy "read this, read that, read the other, do this, do that, do a rain dance" then you get asked "does this help click yes or no", you click "no", "do you want to talk to a support agent yes or no".

I think that, if I'm using Live Chat, the idea is that I want, or need, to talk to a support agent for help, not play clicky clicky with the spam bot :(

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Adamburp Adamczyk said:

you type your request in the live chat window, then you get a spammed response from boxy "read this, read that, read the other, do this, do that, do a rain dance" then you get asked "does this help click yes or no", you click "no", "do you want to talk to a support agent yes or no".

I think that, if I'm using Live Chat, the idea is that I want, or need, to talk to a support agent for help, not play clicky clicky with the spam bot :(

Ah. Gotcha. Well, without having used it for a while, I guess I'm going to withhold judgement then. I have worked as a CSR, including a text chat one. So many people don't bother with looking for answers in obvious places. Paying someone to answer questions that can easily be answered by FAQs or whatever isn't a good use of resources. As someone with a real problem I'm trying to contact a CSR about, I don't want to wait in a queue because 15 people in front of me have doofus questions. There isn't an infinite availability of personnel.

That said, I do find that LL makes it sooooooo difficult to find information at times. 

A few clicks to reach a live person? Annoying but, welcome to 2020. There ARE places that have replaced a real CSR with endless clicks and forms. If you've ever tried to reach someone at Flickr... 

I hate those too, but from the viewpoint of a support person, they make sense.  Live support spends about 85% of their time (my horseback guess based on personal experience) answering the same questions over and over and over.  Why not get a bot to do that part, and leave the real people to take over when all the boilerplate stuff has been gone through?

As a support person, I understand.  As a person trying to make use of support, they are infuriating.

• Like 1

I went and scrolled back through my chat history from this past Monday.  I had typed in my question and the Bot did offer suggestions.  I simply typed "Agent" and that seemed to trigger the Bot to get me a live person.

I think I'm so used to Bots being used for the initial help on web pages, that it didn't even dawn on me that this was a recent change to the Chat process.

What was interesting was that the initial popup window for Chat has changed since Monday.  Now I get the below and you then have to click Live Chat in that window to get to the old chat window.  I clicked on a few of their FAQs and actually find that to be something that is likely useful for newer members.  We constantly get questions here in the forums that could be answered by the person browsing some common FAQ pages.  Thus I have no doubt that LL gets that also - even via Live Chat for new Residents that immediately went Premium.

Here is the new initial chat window:

image.png.6dc023ff81ccbc9694c8e9289f49f683.png

• Like 2

Could it be that the introduction of this bot could be an attempt to have a chat-style support be available 24/7? Which I would welcome because I can guarantee you that many (maybe even the majority) of the questions that Live Chat gets can be answered by people just reading the relevant knowledgebase articles.
So having this bot as a FLoD (First Line of Defense) makes sense, and would allow for people to get help even outside office hours.

I see this as a positive development which, yes, can be annoying when you KNOW that the help you want/need is not covered by the answers that the bot gives, but those that the bot DOES help will translate into a lighter load on the support team.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I used live chat earlier this week and actually talked to a Linden.  I think the bot is just there to offer suggestions for common questions while you wait for a Linden to be available.

exactly. I don't think it is that bad. If you don't want to interact with botty, just tell him you want to talk to a human and he will shut up right away.

• Like 2

I haven’t interacted with boxy yet- but I will say anytime I’ve encountered a bot while seeking customer support online, I have always end up on the same level of frustrated as I do when I eventually start screaming into the phone for a live operator after the voice response phone tree fails to understand anything I’ve  said to it.  

Edited by Pixie Kobichenko
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

I haven’t interacted with boxy yet- but I will say anytime I’ve encountered a bot while seeking customer support online, I have always end up on the same level of frustrated as I do when I eventually start screaming into the phone for a live operator after the voice response phone tree fails to understand anything I’ve  said to it.  

I tend to just start saying words like Representative and Agent, which usually works - though with a few of those damn phone things, it does take saying it a few times before it works. 

It was 'agent' that I typed into the LL chat that caused the bot to immediately get me a person.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

That's not a good thing to get the customer all riled up before they ever even get to speak to a human. It's bad PR and CS. Not to mention creating unnecessary stress for people who have heart problems. The people who come up with these ideas never think about the health impacts on their customers. All they think about is increasing profits for the quarter. Good way to lose me as a customer.

The thing that bothers me the most is the increasing profits each quarter. It's nothing more than pure greed. 

• Like 1

I may have been quite close to writing a much less polite post about this a few days ago, when I was having some weird things happening when I updated my payment method and was asked to produce photocopies of a passport/driver's license and my credit card. I immediately went to find the rather well-hidden 'live support' link only to be faced with a bot. Luckily the whole thing was resolved before I was finished composing my text wall, but yeah, paying for something that includes 'live support' only to find yourself faced with a damned bot is to piss on your customers. I'd rather just have an ETA and queue number than an AI antagonising me by its blatant inefficiency. 

• Like 7

55 minutes ago, Atosuria Daviau said:

no idea about the linden version of this bot but when i have encountered these in the past i got pass them by asking "May I speak to a human please ?" the bot than puts you in cue to talk to a person afterwards

that is how boxy works too. I don't think it's such a big deal about it. it usually takes 2 - 3 min to get connected to a concierge. If the bot sometimes is able to deliver a solution to some frequently asked questions then it may help to reduce the number of cases the concierges have to deal with and will cut waiting time for everyone in line. and if not - what's the big deal? wait for a concierge. I don't see how this may cause "heart attacks".

• Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1326 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.