LL please, stop using that bot boxy3000

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1325 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

You have a day off on Labor Day? O.o

It is a holiday "to honor and recognize the American labor movement and the works and contributions of laborers to the development and achievements of the United States".  That is why it is called Labor Day.

7 hours ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

You have a day off on Labor Day? O.o

Three day weekend.

Labor Day is a federal holiday in the United States celebrated on the first Monday in September to honor and recognize the American labor movement and the works and contributions of laborers to the development and achievements of the United States.[1][2][3] It is the Monday of the long weekend known as Labor Day Weekend.

If you want to know more: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labor_Day

On 9/6/2020 at 3:00 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

Can us Premiums chat with the bot when we are bored / lonely, or is that abuse? Asking for myself.

• > Hello. Is this the LL chatbot? I want to talk to the chatbot.
  • Here is a related answer:
    • Hi Boxy
  • Did you find the answer helpful?

• > Yes
  • That's awesome. Let me know if I can help with anything else.
  • Is there anything I can help with today?
  • > Tell me how to get started with a mesh body.
  • Thanks! I will transfer you to one of my minions. They will be happy to assist you!
  • Thank you for contacting Second Life's live chat support. It looks like you have reached out to us outside of our support hours! Our support hours are from 9 AM EST to 5 PM EST.  Linden Lab will be closed Monday September 6th in observance of Labor Day.

So, yes, we can talk to the LL chatbot, but it's neither useful nor interesting.

I've been looking into chatbot systems for my NPCs. It works only if you have a lot of questions coming in and a staff to answer the ones the chatbot can't handle. Questions the chatbot couldn't answer have to be reviewed periodically by humans and answers written for them. This is a huge win if you're big and several thousand questions are coming in each minute. You'll probably hit 95% coverage on common questions in a few days. LL doesn't have the traffic to do that fast. Unless you collect the fails and add new questions and answers, it never gets better, of course.

As a test, I put the GTFO FAQ into RASA chatbot format and ran it. It works, but it's not very useful. Not enough questions and answers.

These things are pretty dumb, but they're getting good at matching the question to a set of stored questions, even if it's worded very differently. That's the machine learning part. The machine learning system has no clue about the answers, but can match two sentences that have roughly the same meaning.

Edited by animats

• Administrators

The success rate Boxy has is impressively high actually, I might share some statistics once it builds some more up, if I don't send it to the bot graveyard before it has a chance.   I haven't decided Boxy's fate yet.   For the most part, Boxy is there to help folks that come in after hours primarily since the live chat software has some limitations in how it handles off hours contacts.  Secondarily, as mentioned the number of actual, legitimate questions it has been able to help with is also good.  It is not there to stop you from talking to someone, as has been pointed out.   All you have to do is tell it such and it will put you right though during the hours support is on staff.   

That's not all though, for a non-power user of Second Life, asking it how you go about getting some information will have a high chance of successfully putting that person in touch with the right information.  It is probably true that those could be things you and I know off the back of hand and don't need a silly chat bot to help us with.  But please remember, that is not everyone in Second Life, and my support departments have to cater to everyone.   I promise we're not trying to make it harder for you to get to us.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1325 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.