Genus is back!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What I thought was strange is that according to the blog article (in the OP), neither Genus NOR Linden Lab knows who made the complaint! Still! Wow. I'd think "lawsuit" would be in order due to the loss of revenue Genus had for being shut down for months.

It's just really good to see them back.. I honestly never had any doubts cross my mind about them..

Just always felt it was a matter of time before they would be back..The length it took between updates wasn't something that smelled of that kind of thing..There was a lot of work behind the heads..

I'm just glad they are sorted this far and hope they can sort the rest with whomever did this to them..

It's just really good to have them back and to see such a huge rush for their product..

It's a good day. :)

• Like 1

For me, Genus is simply me. I've tried some of the others. None give me the shape I need. Lelutka was closest.  LAQ not so bad. I really tried with Catwa, but I just can't get the overall look, even though the Catwa hud is amazing.

So I am delighted Genus are back.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BelindaN said:

For me, Genus is simply me. I've tried some of the others. None give me the shape I need. Lelutka was closest.  LAQ not so bad. I really tried with Catwa, but I just can't get the overall look, even though the Catwa hud is amazing.

So I am delighted Genus are back.

catwa is way to complicated for me to be honest and I can never get the seams to match even when wearing the same skins head to toe. I use Lelutka and do not see a reason to change.

I would really like to know why it took 3 months for the dispute to be settled, especially as the article says Linden Lab are saying they don't know who originated the take down request. The form requires a real name, surely the first thing they should do is check the name is genuine. After the first 10 days, assuming a counter claim made, then the stuff should be back on sale unless there are proceedings in a court... which would require a real name too.

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 1

Its the best news ever, isn't it? Was so excited when I found out (and there were 68 people in their store!  ) that I couldn't sleep and didnt care 

19 minutes ago, Aethelwine said:

I would really like to know why it took 3 months for the dispute to be settled...

My understanding is that it wasn't settled and never went to court and the reason they're back is because, legally, if it hasn't been to court within 10 business days (or whatever the legal requirement was), they have to be allowed to return to business as usual.

Meanwhile, the culprit who started it all is still in hiding and remains unknown, although I also understand Anna will be investigating to discover who was behind it.

Whatever their reason, all they succeeded in doing was making Genus more popular and in demand than ever before, so I reckon that's a kind of justice all on its own, if not a bit of karma.

Edited by Kia Kiyori
typo
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Kia Kiyori said:

Meanwhile, the culprit who started it all is still in hiding and remains unknown, although I also understand Anna will be investigating to discover who was behind it.

Whatever their reason, all they succeeded in doing was making Genus more popular and in demand than ever before, so I reckon that's a kind of justice all on its own, if not a bit of karma.

And the culprit who lodged the complaint caused a lot of grief to the other head makers with false accusations flying all around. I do remember for a bit in some groups that Catwa was taking the heat.

9 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

I would really like to know why it took 3 months for the dispute to be settled, especially as the article says Linden Lab are saying they don't know who originated the take down request. The form requires a real name, surely the first thing they should do is check the name is genuine. After the first 10 days, assuming a counter claim made, then the stuff should be back on sale unless there are proceedings in a court... which would require a real name too.

Where does it say that Linden Lab doesn't know that? The article says that "we" (the readers) and "they" (Genus) don't know; I doubt that Linden Lab would have done anything without a name.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

I was able to get into the store and get the free head and a free skin that they also have out.  Now to see if I can make the genus strong head look enough like me to merit wearing.

I had the Strong head since before the DCMA thing hit, but all kinds of circumstances and distractions made it so I never played with it, or with making a shape for it.

Last night I finally did, and this is what I have so far (still needs some tweaking here and there)

Click to enlarge

5 hours ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

And the culprit who lodged the complaint caused a lot of grief to the other head makers with false accusations flying all around. I do remember for a bit in some groups that Catwa was taking the heat.

Yes. There has been a lot of groundless Nasty flying around but Genus will find out who was behind it and then - hopefully - will be able to let everyone know so it can stop.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.