Genus is back!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1366 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

19 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Where does it say that Linden Lab doesn't know that? The article says that "we" (the readers) and "they" (Genus) don't know; I doubt that Linden Lab would have done anything without a name.

Ahh that makes sense I read "they" as Linden Lab, but it makes much more sense to refer to Genus.

On 7/6/2020 at 8:01 PM, Tarina Sewell said:

Why bother "finding" out who is behind it? Just move on..  They are back up put your pitchforks away.

I don’t like the head, from what I have been able to do with it so far, but…

I will not put my pitchfork away, for someone to be able to just put another company out of business, even for a short time, for no reason at all and have no repercussions is pretty sad. I will not do business with Genus but I will support them being in business. I look at this as a total fail on the part of LL.

On 7/8/2020 at 7:28 AM, TheVeryFirst said:

I don’t like the head, from what I have been able to do with it so far, but…

I will not put my pitchfork away, for someone to be able to just put another company out of business, even for a short time, for no reason at all and have no repercussions is pretty sad. I will not do business with Genus but I will support them being in business. I look at this as a total fail on the part of LL.

You have no idea who or what filed the dispute. There is nothing you can do with your pitchfork.  LL does not generally post about their decisions on reports so.... who are you going to poke that thing at?

Just received in Genus group from the official Genus account:

DMCA
Thu, Jul 09 2020 5:56:38 PM PDT

I got a complaint again. I need to close everything again. I'm going to court and I want to settle this. I think it will take time

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Sad 10

2 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

DMCA

I got a complaint again. I need to close everything again. I'm going to court and I want to settle this. I think it will take time

Go to court, see about filing for damages as it is potentially DMCA abuse.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

34 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

DMCA

Yeah, saw the notice and for some reason I cannot post in group chat. It keeps timing out on me

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Annie Nova said:

Yeah, saw the notice and for some reason I cannot post in group chat. It keeps timing out on me

I imagine there are 100,000 people in there screaming about it, causing chat to lag out. (I keep the chat closed so can't say for sure.)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I imagine there are 100,000 people in there screaming about it, causing chat to lag out. (I keep the chat closed so can't say for sure.)

Yes. Its the creator I feel for. Ultimately, we arent the victims, but a pattern looks like its emerging - DMCA, do nothing for 10 days, Genus allowed to return for a few days, another DMCA just to rain on the parade again, do nothing (again) for (another) 10 days, Genus allowed to return for a few days before....rinse, repeat.

Hard to see this ending. Eventually, even the sanest among us will be dusting off their pitchfork if someone cant/wont step in to put an end to the nonsense.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

DMCA

This is very disappointing.  Seems really malicious. Just look at  how busy the Genus shop was when they re-opened!  Genus is so loved because they are one of the few SL companies now, that don't seem to be all about the money.  This is so unfair. I hear Genus are going to see this out in court now, so hopefully this can be stopped. I hope they get compensation for this, because they have lost a lot of business over the past few months due to the first complaint. Whoever complained is a complete loser. I hope Genus win their case.

**I edited this comment to respect the wishes of Genus with regards to not mentioning other companies

Edited by Missnicety1
On request from Genus (in another comment) not to criticise other mesh complanies
  • Like 3

Such determined disruption does make me wonder if the perpetrator was once in close orbit to the creator. I know we shouldn't speculate, but I try to put myself in the mindset of who would want to do this and why. Obviously the bottom line is to undermine the business, but the why is harder to understand.

If that was me, I would take it all the way through the courts, and end it there in public.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1366 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.