NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1210 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

I'm having a hard time understanding the three stilt types.  I understand what the different designations mean, and I understand how the code determines which is which.  

A "Water" home can be fully surrounded by water, or on the edge of a land mass.  A "Pier" home can be the same, though is always attached to a pier.  A land home is always at least partially over land. 

If you want a "Land" home that touches water, you could essentially get that with any of the three types. 

In short, unless you want a  house on land, but don't care if it also touches water, then it's pretty much a crapshoot, regardless of which house type you choose.  I guess this shouldn't bother me, as all other home themes are completely random, but then why bother splitting them.

Maybe "Landlocked," "Waterlocked," "Water's Edge,"  and "Pier" would have been more intuitive?

The designation is partially dependent on where the center of the home is:  If center is over land, it is On Land, if center is over water, it will be either On Water or On Pier, depending on where the root prim is.  If the root is over water, it is On Water, if the root is over anything else, it is On Pier.

On Land can have part of the home over water and the other can have bits over land -- so yes, it can be a bit confusing and frustrating even.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The designation is partially dependent on where the center of the home is:  If center is over land, it is On Land, if center is over water, it will be either On Water or On Pier, depending on where the root prim is.  If the root is over water, it is On Water, if the root is over anything else, it is On Pier.

On Land can have part of the home over water and the other can have bits over land -- so yes, it can be a bit confusing and frustrating even.

Yep.  Again, I understand how it works.  I just don't understand the decision to split them, considering how it works.  

• Like 2

Just now, Loretta String said:

After a few tries, I can't believe that I finally have this amazing view !!

Good luck to everyone, may you get the home of your dreams :)

Albacore Facebook.jpg

Hopefully "after a few tries" means over time and not playing GoH today.

We need to keep boosting that reminder NOT to abandon your parcels until after things are stabilized, per Patch himself! Sounding like broken records aside, the more it is posted the more people will see it. Let's also all pass on the word to any friends who might not be on the forums or in the group chat: Game of Homes is cancelled for at least a few days! 

• Like 4

On my way home from work and sitting outside waiting on my husband getting a takeaway and decided to have a look and see if stilts were released. Delighted, I got one no problem, attached to the pier but over water. I'm loving these houses. Beautiful ambience noise too. I feel like I'm at the seaside. Thanks to Patch and the whole team. Great job as usual. Merry Christmas.

1446439432_MurloughatAguaFresca_001.thumb.png.9231cec52619f703660784e3f05f746c.png

Edited by Elyeah
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Elyeah said:

On my way home from work and sitting outside waiting on my husband getting a takeaway and decided to have a look and see if stilts were released. Delighted, I got one no problem, attached to the pier but over water. I'm loving these houses. Beautiful ambience noise too. I feel like I'm at the seaside. 

You just reminded me of the sounds - I can't hear any on my parcel:(

EDIT - Silly me - because I set sound to restrict to parcel:)

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cyanide Pixie said:

Hopefully "after a few tries" means over time and not playing GoH today.

We need to keep boosting that reminder NOT to abandon your parcels until after things are stabilized, per Patch himself! Sounding like broken records aside, the more it is posted the more people will see it. Let's also all pass on the word to any friends who might not be on the forums or in the group chat: Game of Homes is cancelled for at least a few days! 

It means me and my two alts who abandoned their Trad and Log Homes 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Marianne Little said:

The trickle works like a well- oiled machine, does it not?

It seems to be. There's a lot of people who seem to have home now. I'm so please LL were able to release as much as they have, they have made a lot of residents (me included) very happy for Christmas! @Patch Linden and all the Moles and staff behind the scenes thank you very much!!!!❤️

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Soooo....  changed my mind and grabbed one... got a house on land in Clamdigger so it must have been an abandon. Nice little plot, though it's rather hemmed in and though part of my parcel is water (just one tiny corner) it's not quite enough space to get a boat in and out without going through my neighbour's parcel, which is a shame. But there's a boat rez zone very close by. 

Probably not a long-term keeper, but as per instructions I'll hang on to it, probably at least until the main release is all finished.

50751576793_9c6bbc581d_b.jpg

• Like 7

Got one on a region I was watching, very early in its release.  It's not bad, on land with enough water to rez a boat in a decent sized channel,  but not a keeper for me.

I saw the coastal homes that I was hoping for in this region were still available, I usually have good luck releasing and catching up to 3 in a new region.... QUICK!  Land Menu ....

I poke Nika.  Hey, you!  FREEZE!

I hit the red X.

whew!  that was close!  No GOH for you, Miss Speedy AbandonPants!

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1210 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.