getting woke and SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1365 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

So the reason was bad storytelling then.

Probably, but because of that lack of information that was critical for the story in not showing her a Mary Sue gave rise to some people then reading into that and saying it had a different 'woke' agenda instead. They also used the example of the leader of the resistance being female and ignoring poe's advise cause of 'reasons' which lead to the destruction of their fleet, whereas poe's tactic was better. Also those people used the example of how Leia miraculously gets sucked out into space but because of 'reasons' unexplained became able to use the force (with no hint of being trained) to not only survive space but also get back to the ship yet Luke dies due to supposedly expending to much force.

Rian Johnson didn't help in his rantings against his userbase either.

Story telling is an art and without telling it correctly it leads to interpretation. Unfortunately in Star Wars case that interpretation due to all the positives happening to females, led to negative press about 'woke' and fans not liking it which impacted not only the marketing and $$$ but also a backlash against loyal starwars fans who were their main target audience.

2 hours ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Do you think Star wars would not have flopped if a guy had played the exact same role as Rey?

The last three Star Wars movies have taken in a world wide total of just over 4.4 Billion dollars... Thats a flop?

4 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/fathers-day-protest-photo/       -----  They are gay and gay marriage bashers.  There's no movement to stop fathers day...give me a break.

And Drake, that other website you posted earlier about the 'get woke go broke' & the Gillette ad.....they are Trump worshipers with lots of incorrect facts. 

You really need come up with more credible references.

Luna please.. Their name is Drayke... Please lets not confuse them with me.. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

No I was trying to get a sense of how your make distinctions between the validity of Me Too and abuse of women vs believing there has been too much "man hating" going on.  I think you're imagining the latter for the most part unless you've been seeing something I have not been seeing in my neighborhood or media excursions, but that's no big deal. I'm sure I don't always perceive every situation accurately myself.

I'd like to get back to talking about woke issues related to POC though, which was the main purpose of this thread.  We'll have other times to discuss women's oppression I am sure!

Lately I couldn't tell you what is going on with it because a lot of those things have been removed from inside the house and there is no time at work for it..At the time there was and i was watching from all over the board..

I'm not the one with post after post about this add thing..I'm just replying to the wave that came at me ..we could have been back on topic a page or so back..

I don't try to imagine what goes on in your neighborhood and I'm sure not imagining what has went on or goes on in mine.  We're from two different worlds.. That's not trying to make less or take anything away from yours, but just saying we could probably only imagine each others..

I have my experiences that are far from imagination.. I don't carry two hand guns on me most of the time because they feel good against my skin..I carry them because I'm not going to be anyone's victim ever again..Someone can say what they want, but if they touch me I'm throwing down on them and backing them off..

If they don't back off, then they are in for a world of hurt and get the literal version of triggered.

I've been bullied by girls in the city and gotten my butt beat more than a few times and learned to fight or keep getting it beat..In the south it was the same, only right away they weren't ready for what they thought was gonna be easy pickings..

I laid a girl out  that was two and a half times my weight by hitting her hard as I could in the right spot, just above her gut as she came at me because i said ,WHAT EVER, in response to her trolling..

This was when we first started school down here..

I Left her so breathless  on the ground that she couldn't get enough air to cry.. My sister was there and that left 3 others that backed up once the big one was out of the way..

I asked them..Who else?

We were ready to go if they didn't back off.. My sister, she can really fight..In the city,she used to get her butt beat more than I did, unless it was one on one..

Boys didn't really ever bother us too much because of our cousins.. Our family had it's reputation pretty quick off down here in school, that if you messed with any of us, we all took it personal..

We got put to the test pretty quick off.. There were no others around like us so we stick together.. It's one thing being out there all alone, and being different, but when you mess with someone and more come out of the woodwork,word of mouth gets around..

None of us picked on anyone, none of the boys did, none of us girls did..We never really even picked on each other unless it was in the playful sense..

If my husband or really any of the men in our family see's a man going too far with a woman or anyone getting bullied they're getting involved..

One of my younger cousins seen two boys in town just a few days back that were white teaming up on another ,that was black.. He turned  his truck around and going to go over and try to break it up. But since he had his son with him , he pulled over to call 911 instead and couldn't get through because so many people were calling it at the same time..That happens in a Small town..

Anyways, as he was trying to call again, one pulled out a gun and shot the kid they were beating up..He dropped the gun and started to run away, then the kid that got shot, picked up the gun and shot the one that shot him,in the leg as he was running away..

My heart sank thinking I could have lost my cousin if he would have been there  a minute earlier..

This is the kind of thing that our family was trying to move away from..

Any time he see's something like that, he just always has felt compelled to get in there and break it up.. It doesn't matter what race or color they are, He just can't help but diving in..

The add say's men need to hold other men accountable..Well a lot of men do do that and were doing that long before that add came out and still do do that now..

Do I think the world is a dangerous place for women.. I know it is.. It gets even more dangerous the lower the rung on the ladder you sit at..

Any stray hard legs breathing heavy towards me and I'm not the one heating them up.. They have a risk of losing that third leg of theirs.. I'll pop them right in the pee hole before they have a chance to get that dirty imagination of theirs going.. I'll show him a movement..

My last words on this..

Edited by Ceka Cianci

2 hours ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

It’s interesting how a series of films that grossed over four billion dollars combined can be characterized as a flop.

20 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

The last three Star Wars movies have taken in a world wide total of just over 4.4 Billion dollars... Thats a flop?

No, I do not think they're flops, I should have included quotationmarks.  For my point it's irrelevant if it is a flop or not, I'm saying there can be/are different conclussions for the 'why'. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

No, I do not think they're flops, I should have included quotationmarks.  For my point it's irrelevant if it is a flop or not, I'm saying there can be/are different conclussions for the 'why'. 

The last trilogy of the Star Wars - series is not about financial success : it' s about how big companies are indifferent to the original canon in favour of short term profit. They even 'killed off'  any link to their past.

Perhaps the 'flop'  you are referring to is lack of cultural or cinematographical impact the last trilogy has compared to the first ?

Edited by TDD123

interesting ruling for native americans from the US Supreme Court in McGirt vs Oklahoma

ruling here: https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/19pdf/18-9526_9okb.pdf

extract:

JUSTICE GORSUCH delivered the opinion of the Court.

On the far end of the Trail of Tears was a promise. Forced to leave their ancestral lands in Georgia and Alabama, the Creek Nation received assurances that their new lands in the West would be secure forever. In exchange for ceding“all their land, East of the Mississippi river,” the U. S. government agreed by treaty that “[t]he Creek country west of the Mississippi shall be solemnly guarantied to the Creek Indians.” Treaty With the Creeks, Arts. I, XIV, Mar. 24,1832, 7 Stat. 366, 368 (1832 Treaty). Both parties settled on boundary lines for a new and “permanent home to the whole Creek nation,” located in what is now Oklahoma. Treaty With the Creeks, preamble, Feb. 14, 1833, 7 Stat.418 (1833 Treaty). The government further promised that“[no] State or Territory [shall] ever have a right to pass laws for the government of such Indians, but they shall be allowed to govern themselves.” 1832 Treaty, Art. XIV, 7 Stat. 368. Today we are asked whether the land these treaties promised remains an Indian reservation for purposes of federal criminal law. Because Congress has not said other-wise, we hold the government to its word.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

So the reason was bad storytelling then.

If that was why it was brought up in this thread... then why was it even brought up in this thread.

It had flaws in storytelling - not from gender or race dynamics. So frankly... it's results in just side-tracking the discussion here to even mention it.

PS: It wasn't just Rey. Kylo-Ren's character had massive flaws in development as well. Unlike her he did go through training, a lifetime of it in fact - and yet he flip flops wildly in personality over singular moments that... someone with a lifetime of training in mental discipline would be better able to deal with. And his flips are way to extreme... like going from being "The Next Superman" to "Hitler was nothing compared to this" and then back to "heroic self-sacrificer" and the story is told in a light where we're supposed to feel for him at the end... conveniently forgetting how he's blown up entire planets with billions of people... which is also told as a less severe thing than the order he'd given to have storm-troopers kill civilians...

- It's just... flawed... on so many levels... and for me, most of them were around his character, not Rey. Though I do agree she was ramped up with no training a little too much. Trying to remember if Anakin had the same thing back in Phantom Menace... he did have some 'unusual ability' for a 6 or 8 year old...

The original movies from the 70s though... when I've seen them more recently, they're actually pretty bad for unrelatable plot and character...

Frankly the only character in the new movies who's arc worked for me was Finn. Maybe because I've known a lot of people like that - who when faced with the unacceptable woke up and changed paths, and because they also showed it for him... albeit briefly... I think mostly that... they showed his growth more even if in smaller scenes.

End of my sidetrack thoughts.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2

On 7/11/2020 at 3:14 AM, Drayke Newall said:

.. the negative connotations any form of 'woke' has on a product or business these days. It is instantly perceived as an attack against their userbase.

Well as we've seen from the tiny size of small-hand-Trump's rallies of late... the "negative impact" you speak of is a highly exaggerated issue... 😉

• Like 1

On 7/11/2020 at 9:25 AM, Luna Bliss said:

In more recent times it appears Black people have chosen a word  -- "woke" -- to represent bringing awareness and subsequent solutions to the issues they face, and it is now applied to other social issues related to equality and justice as well. But in any case, most Blacks I've encountered and researched approve of this term. It's not for us, as Whites, to decide what words they can use to define their experience in society -- even if the word becomes politicized by idiot politicians seeking votes, or even if it's used by those who have nothing better to do than fight battles for fun on TwitterSphere.

No matter what word is chosen, right-wingers will keep saying "that word is toxic now and not working"...

The truth is that it's not the word they hate, but what it hopes to achieve.

It's just like with Kaepernick to Riots.

Peaceful protest was too much, so he elegantly took a knee, that was too much so people tried to just talk with dialog, that was too much so they went back to peaceful protests... and when ALL ELSE is ignored... people have nothing left... so they riot.

And they sit there and say "look at these thugs that just riot over everything", conveniently ignoring 400 years of being ignored at every single last other attempt to communicate.

The truth is, it was never about how he chose to communicate. It was never about the black man taking a knee improperly, or protesting too loudly, or being too menancing, or dressing wrong, or dressing too right, being armed, being unarmed, standing, sitting, walking, running, arms out, arms in, NONE OF THAT...

It has always just been about him being there, alive, and free.

When you object to words like Woke... you're not objecting to that... this game is too old. Folks have been around this block many times... we know that as soon as the word changes, you will just object to the next one as well.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So the bottom line is that all whites are privileged, all Muslims are terrorists, all Chinese are corona motherships, and all blacks vote for democrats just so white people complain more about their privilege. And I thought we live in 2020.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

If that was why it was brought up in this thread... then why was it even brought up in this thread.

It had flaws in storytelling - not from gender or race dynamics. So frankly... it's results in just side-tracking the discussion here to even mention it.

Drayke brought up the link to a site that claimed certain franchises failed due to them trying to appease sjw.
I contered two points on that list I have experience with, and made the point that the conclussion the site made over them is oversimplified at best, outright missleading at worst. 
He brought up Starwars as another example, and I concluded that is was bad storytelling what killed it, and not "them going woke".  Disclaimer, by killed it I mean it's not as well liked as previous entries. 

Dunno why I'm getting the stick here, but I'll refrain from the discussion now. 

7 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Because just like you have done others completely missed my ENTIRE point in response to Luna, no one else.

Seems I need to once again defend myself in people claiming that I took this thread off topic like.

I actually brought the link up to show that it had been used in a negative connotation and therefore it has had a reverse effect on specific businesses that showed what Luna called them 'getting woke'. This therefore has led to the term becoming toxic in business due to loss of income and consequently now businesses refusing to change to meet racial requirements if it is necessary.

For example, I then brought up that Disney has refused to bow to requests to remove their new show Hamilton which has slavery in it, where in the past few years they would have removed it instantly. Likewise I used the Gillette add to show mainly racial disparity, as that is the topic we are discussing (woke and POC), in their point which has led to a shift in marketing away from such topics due to the negative impact it had on them financially and as a result of media stating that it was a marketing blunder. Yes I did hint at the sexism part but if you read my original post it is all about how white people are misrepresented in that ad over black people.

Even Drake1 Nightfire completely missed the point of me showing that racial disparity and instantly somehow thought I was changing the subject to sexism...

Unfortunately people then picked apart the list in an attempt to claim that it was all nonsense completely by-passing the intent of my post which, was simply to show via that link etc that what Luna posted about 'employers getting woke' was now toxic due to certain groups of people 'reading' into such moves as negative.

Seeing people had seemed to not have understood my intent in my original post I then used Star Wars as an example of how people used, as Sukubia correctly put it, lack of storyline to then read into that and interpret for themselves a hidden agenda within the movies that it was 'woke' because of racial and feminism ideals etc which then impacted on Disney's profit and other franchises.

It had nothing to do with me claiming that they were trying to appease sjw's, it was a link to show that people HAVE taken that view correctly or not due to reading into things or following negative press/media stating as such and now businesses shy from those kind of things now.

7 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

No matter what word is chosen, right-wingers will keep saying "that word is toxic now and not working"...

🎉Congratulations🎉, someone has FINALLY understood my point I made 3 pages back without going on a tangent or me trying to explain more and more. People (right or left) are going to always read into this and that and use that or any word against a cause when that cause infiltrates into things that do not need them to infiltrate into. If someone changes for the better yay, good for them, leave it at that. Don't start messing around by forcing what you have learnt using your business, movies, games etc. That is what discussions and debates are for.

As I said in a follow up post "you cant deny that everything that is used to either discredit males, females or bring issues like race, LGBT etc in a negative way i.e. 'woke'  against the original intent always fails. Leave such things out of such topics and look at those topics, movies, games, whatever as just that a movie, game etc.

1 hour ago, Drayke Newall said:

to show that it had been used in a negative connotation and therefore it has had a reverse effect on specific businesses that showed what Luna called them 'getting woke'. This therefore has led to the term becoming toxic in business due to loss of income

Whoa, what world do you live in? 

There are all sorts of businesses making TONS of money by finally representing the types of people who have been ignored for so long, be it in commercials or movies. For example, women, People Of Color, disabled people, gays and lesbians -- they are increasingly seen in  media representations. Yes the world is becoming WOKE to the fact that America is for EVERYone, and the powerful positions of society aren't just for YOU anymore -- the straight, white, male. I'm sorry you're having such trouble adjusting to the lessening of the dominance of 'your kind' in these preferred roles, but perhaps this can help you adjust:
  https://www.talkspace.com/
I've heard this agency really helps for people who are feeling displaced and/or depressed over losing status, and being online it's so handy. They come highly recommended and it's not too expensive, and they can help you emotionally adjust so these societal changes don't bother you as much and lower the quality of your life. There's no need to suffer!

I'm thrilled that tonight I got to see batWOMAN, superhero lesbian in love with a Black woman, chasing bad people and saving the streets of Gotham. The next batWOMAN in this series is even Black, and I'm looking forward to it....really, was so sick of those macho white men playing Batman, so boring and predictable. I'm getting ready to binge a couple more episodes of a crime series where the chief of police is a woman, and well, the guys in the department don't quite know if they trust her yet but I'm waiting to see. I think she might be a lesbian too. I remember a popular show where a Black Woman attorney is whipping everyone's ass, and I plan to catch up on next week.  On, and on, and on, and on....all these unusual people in powerful roles who are not straight, white, males --  omg Drayke, you must be fuming -- I don't know how you watch movies anymore.

Not to mention all these 'foreigners', these increasing numbers of POC in governmental positions now, even lesbians, even POC who are lesbians.....oh Drayke, we're just not in Kansas anymore!

Edited by Luna Bliss

1 hour ago, Drayke Newall said:

As I said in a follow up post "you cant deny that everything that is used to either discredit males, females or bring issues like race, LGBT etc in a negative way i.e. 'woke'  against the original intent always fails. Leave such things out of such topics and look at those topics, movies, games, whatever as just that a movie, game etc.

Drayke, you are not being taken over by Social Justice Warriors. We are simply seeing a new reality in media and government which reflects actual reality -- a reality with more women, POC, and gays in powerful roles previously denied them.  Calm down, we are not replacing you....we only want equality...and it doesn't matter what name this phenomenon has because the result is the same no matter what you call it.

I agree....it's not good to retrofit a movie for any type of popular agenda when it breaks the storyline, and sure some will try to do that to rake in more profit. But this dynamic is so much in the minority that it's not worth whining about.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

When you object to words like Woke...

The only objection I have to it is when it's implied to mean "there is only one correct way to think about this issue". I'm sure not all people mean it that way, but that, unfortunately, is the message that's out there. I'd rather it mean what it sounds like "strive to look around you and see what's really going, regardless of your bias." 

Maybe one word is just too short for a rallying cry 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Drayke, you are not being taken over by Social Justice Warriors. We are simply seeing a new reality in media and government which reflects actual reality -- a reality with more women, POC, and gays in powerful roles previously denied them.  Calm down, we are not replacing you....we only want equality...and it doesn't matter what name this phenomenon has because it ends up being the same thing.

Seriously WTF. You really just cant get my point. Did I say that it is a bad thing that there are more gay people in movies? No. Did I say that it is a bad thing that POC are getting better roles in movies? No. Did I say that Star Wars having female leads was bad? No.

What I said was, people read into things that causes negative press and therefore as you put it on the very FIRST PAGE of this thread, people weaponise a word against the cause.

Hopefully using your very example will get the point through what seems to be an impenetrable wall in your mind that is impervious to logic and reason.

If Batwoman (I have never watched it) is about just that a comic book hero chasing down crime etc. Great, awesome, who cares. If however, the movie studio creating that movie or tv series or what ever it is, starts making it that that 'Black' Batwoman only fights white people and gives the impression (or leaves open for interpretation) that only white people are bad, or only minorities are good then, expect people to then read into that and make them hate it, claim it's woke and then give bad press/reviews that affect its turnover or potential for follow ups.

THAT is my point entirely. I have no issue whatsoever of more representation in movies or business or whatever. Just don't go about trying to force an agenda in those movies about a social issue. Just make the movie about just what the movie is. If that is fighting crime THAT is the movie. Not for instance fighting crime whilst trying to portray some form of social injustice be that race, LGBT (not the actual LGBT but say pushing for Muslim's to accept LGBT) etc.

58 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

aren't just for YOU anymore -- the straight, white, male. I'm sorry you're having such trouble adjusting to the lessening of the dominance of 'your kind' in these preferred roles, but perhaps this can help you adjust:
  https://www.talkspace.com/
I've heard this agency really helps for people who are feeling displaced and/or depressed over losing status, and being online it's so handy. They come highly recommended and it's not too expensive, and they can help you emotionally adjust so these societal changes don't bother you as much and lower the quality of your life. There's no need to suffer!

This is going to be very long and I do hope you read it all this time Luna and don't skim read it. I have been abused in the past by Beth for such long posts but **** it! You're right Luna I am FUMING but not because of what you suggest.

The arrogance and contempt that drips from your tongue in your response to me knows no bounds. As the saying goes, don't judge a book by its cover and that is precisely what you have done with me. Not only have you shown your true colours but have also been caught out in weaponising words against people just like you accuse 'the right' doing with your word 'woke' on the first page of this thread.

For the record I am part of the LGBT world, that is to say not the straight, white, male you accuse me of being. The issue is, you didn't know that as I have never brought it up in these topics because who I am is irrelevant to the discussion and I don't use my minority status as a clutch to lean on in such discussions or arguments. I look logically at things without bias, which is also why I laughed at you stating that I have privilege equal to a majority or state I have unconscious bias against my fellow LGBT communities or other minorities.

Before you say then I agree such things exist, no they don't. Privilege and unconscious bias do not exist in your way of phrasing. What exists, is a different and sometimes flawed way of thinking that is ingrained into a human from such tactics you have just shown and used by forcing someone into thinking there is a dominant 'species' (a kind) and that minorities somehow need to dehumanise, rebuke or name call others or a majority to see their way rather than trying peaceful progressive ways. 

Religion is a prime example of this whereby, from the pulpit such things are taught in that homosexual people like myself were forced in the past to chemically castrate themselves, be hung for being themselves, hide in society for fear that they will be shunned, jailed or killed, etc. Have people indoctrinated from the pulpit that a supposedly loving God doesn't love me because that same God clearly shows his disdain for such people as lesser and destroyed cities in the bible due to it. The same God that declares such acts as an unforgivable sin. Have people locked up in concentration camps in WW2 by Nazi's and executed along with other minorities due to such indoctrination. Have entire states and countries IN THIS DAY AND AGE where I or other LGBT communities cant even step foot in for fear of being executed because of a belief we are tainted. The necessity of hiding who we are for fear of being kicked out of our homes from family members we thought were loving (kids and adults) who believe such people are lesser beings, sinful and have no place in their homes. 

I fully understand Black people and how they have been treated badly in the past, but if we are going to judge who still has it worse I am going to have to say LGBT does. Black people have no fear of having to hide in plain sight who they are for fear of jail, execution, ridicule. Black people can go to other countries freely without having to hide in plain sight who they truly are. Black people can live peacefully with the family without fear of being kicked out of home and family if they reveal who they are. Gay people right up till 1980 still faced jail or chemical castration in many western democratic countries simply for being them.

Suggesting that I, with all of that listed above don't understand some of what Black people are going through is laughable in a huge degree. Dare I even say and suggest it that LGBT have been treated FAR worse than Black people in the past. Listing the above can you not agree? Black people weren't executed for a person knowing who they are inside. Sure they may have been slandered or abused, lynched through hate but they could walk openly amongst others not hiding who they are. They weren't executed as a minority in WW2, they don't have to still fear for their life as a majority going on a holiday to some eastern countries. They are, despite what you seem to imply, FREE. I'm not saying Black people are not killed or ridiculed for being black but they still have a tremendous amount more freedom than me and my community.

I have lived prior to all the changes in my community where kids these days have more liberties in saying they are LGBT. I know what it is like to fear for my life in a foreign country on pain of death. I know what it is liked to be ridiculed, hated from others least of all my own parents and family. Having to hide my true self away from my loving Grandfather who was a missionary and pastor knowing that that love would turn to disdain and abhorrence due to his wrong beliefs. I know what it is like to always look over your shoulder or constantly feel that someone is abusing me because of who I am behind my back. I've been part of the fight for change for my 'minority' for decades. Peaceful change.

I don't know whether you are in a minority, however if you aren't, as one that is and if you are, as a fellow person in a minority, I ask that you please stop dehumanising me by separating me, others like me or my friends that aren't the same as me and referring to me or them as you put it "your kind". We are all one kind! I have no idea what your beliefs or background are so I keep those things out of discussions but, people like you standing up for minorities and LGBT people like me by separating people into 'Kinds' or for want of a better word a different species, grates me up the wrong way to no end. Not only do such things do harm to me, other LGBT people and other minorities, it also shows lack of respect to all as well as hampers the positive progression my 'minority' have achieved due to such comments being then taken by people against such a group.

LGBT have achieved a lot in the past 30 years through peaceful means. We don't rely on riots, name calling or separation of the human species into categories. We don't try to change the past by ripping down statues of kings or forefathers who killed us or passed laws dehumanising us. We fight it peacefully as that is what gives change and shows people who we are.

I am sick of people that are not part of my community or 'holier than thou' people in my community and others trying to fight for me, my community or other minorities in such harmful ways. I am not sure which you are but, unfortunately through your posts, I can put you easily into one of the two aforementioned categories. Stand by the minority sure, but keep your vile vitriol, hate and underhanded indoctrinated abusive comments and forceful tripe out of it!

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Drayke Newall said:

'holier than thou' people in my community

There aren't any.  It's a fabrication of their mind as Jesus never shunned anyone except the Pharisees (the teachers of the law) because they were hypocrites and Jesus hated them because he said they put too heavy a burden on us and Jesus said his burden is light.  And, the Pharisees were wanting to put Jesus to death for "working" on the Sabbath (well, actually Jesus feed himself and the Apostles on the Sabbath by gleaning in the field).  And, what were the Pharisees doing?  Spying on him?  Spying sounds like working to me. 

I'm sorry all these things happened to you that you shared in your post.  I hope people wake up and realize it is how you were born and that's okay.  Religion has problems and they do very scary things.   Many, many people in the past have been considered "heathens" according to religion.  I say balderdash and rubbish to that!  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Drayke Newall said:

The arrogance and contempt that drips from your tongue in your response to me knows no bounds. As the saying goes, don't judge a book by its cover and that is precisely what you have done with me. Not only have you shown your true colours but have also been caught out in weaponising words against people just like you accuse 'the right' doing with your word 'woke' on the first page of this thread.

You showed me who you were in our last debate regarding the discrimination Blacks experience in employment (getting less callbacks with job applications). I presented two professional studies equaling 100 pages from PHD's connected with well-respected Universities (Harvard & others) & you challenged the findings in order to make them fit your right-wing agenda.  When @Innula Zenovka demonstrated you did not actually read the study results, and pointed out your error, you BLOCKED her. lol who in God's name has ever or would ever have the need to block Innula, who is probably our best evaluator of academic and law texts in SL, and who is never accusatory, and who graciously, unlike yourself, admits to mistakes. But you, Drayke, when knowing you lost the debate, didn't have the gonads to admit you were wrong and so disrespected her by blocking her, and then you flounced to save face. Like I said, you showed me who you were then, and I should never have engaged with you again -- because you place winning over truth.

It's more than a little revealing that you never considered me, as a woman, to be part of one of the oppressed groups seeking social justice in society, still struggling to gain an even footing with men in employment, governmental representation, and many other positions in life. Plus, you assumed I do not belong to any other oppressed groups, yet I do. But the fact that I can 'match and raise you 100%' regarding my membership in groups needing more social justice in America is neither here nor there and serves no purpose for our discussion, just as your claim to be in the LBGT category in an attempt to give validity to your argument should have no basis in what we are evaluating -- which is,  the "get woke go broke" meme started by a group of men who whine about how their favorite genre of film now spotlights women, gays, and People Of Color in roles previously occupied by straight white males.   *Don't forget that you are the one who praised the "get woke go broke" movement and provided a long list of companies you claim have failed over pushing a  'woke' agenda.

The alt-right, 4-chan gamers who rage over "get woke go broke" are some the biggest troublemakers I have ever encountered, second only to white supremacists. I will forever have you to thank for introducing me fully to these misogynistic a-holes who hate on women, gays, and POC.  Like I've said before, I avoid Twitter and Facebook as much as possible, and while hearing in various forums that there were a group of alt-right men (man-babies) causing such trouble in society I never investigated them because I don't like to encounter abusive men. Thank God they aren't usually to be found out in the real world but instead confine their domain to social media like the cowardly couch-warriors they are.

The anger I feel (not the hate you accuse me of) is not toward straight white males, it is toward those straight white males in the alt-right and 4-chan communities who won't accept people other than themselves (their 'kind) occupying prominent positions in society.

Anyone interested in the "get woke go broke" movement can read this for more info:
https://www.thegeekbuzz.com/the-basement/nah-it-should-be-dont-go-woke-get-broke/
And watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDALuIXyjAk

Edited by Luna Bliss

What's the problem about having women as main heroes?

We had women playing amazing characters for decades for example Sigourney Weaver in Alien since 1979 and it was one of the best sci-fi movies ever but lets not go that far "Wonder Woman" was an amazing movie too., on the other hand we had "Supergirl" and it was a total mess.

Just like with male main hero movies we had "The Dark Knight" which was a great movie and "Steel" which was rubbish.

Nobody cares about the main hero gender, a good movie is a good movie, a terrible movie is a terrible movie.

Edited by Nick0678
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I'm thrilled that tonight I got to see batWOMAN, superhero lesbian in love with a Black woman, ....  I don't know how you watch movies anymore.

.. the wait on it' s triple x - rated parody  is almost unbearable .. 😁

1 minute ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

I think there are a lot of people who care. The YouTube channels that puke out incredibly popular video after video dumping on them is sufficient evidence of it.

Sure and some people like potatoes and others like rice, some are vegans some like meat. You can't keep everybody happy or force everyone to have same likes.

They will all have to learn to live with it and if they respect their own self do things/watch movies that they personally like and make them feel OK.

A good movie is a good movie and makes good numbers(=profit) a terrible movie is a terrible movie and flops. It's just business.

• Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1365 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.