getting woke and SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1365 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Define "minuscule." Being caught with an ounce or two of coke, heroin or meth is something you should spend time in jail for. Personally i think pot should be legal countrywide.. 

I couldn't fit this in my other post, it was screwing up.

Minuscule means very small.  So, a very small amount.  I don't do drugs and I don't know how much an ounce of those drugs are.  

Plus, I believe people should be put in a rehab program, not jail, but I don't think we are going to agree on much Drake.  

I believe pot should be legalized as well, but not with the ability to grow say three plants at most of our own unless we are licensed (a licensed grower).  

EDIT:   I also want to say that this "law" of a prisoner being a slave needs to be done away with.  Men who run those jails think of those men as their b****es.  It's deplorable.   Same with women, the imprisoned women are their sex slaves.  It's deplorable to even type it.  

Edited by FairreLilette

20 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:
21 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I'm looking for a safe space...yes...a movie @  Hulu...

Looks like a right wing shill movie on the idea that 'PC' and 'safe space' culture is restricting free speech... which itself is a bit of a false attack. They're not so much as restricting speech, as they are 'OPENING UP' speech for people who traditionally were told to shut up and take it.

PC and Safe Space is not about cancelling free speech, it's about letting historically silenced voices speak.

And if that means telling the people that tried to gag you, shout you down, lock you away, or lynch you to shut it... then so be it. If they can learn to engage inclusively, then we won't have a problem.

That pic did make me wonder what in the world the ad people at Hulu were thinking, or what actual awareness they had about the meaning of 'safe space', or even 'triggered'.  For me at that time though, I was just saying that I had encountered so many new disturbing experiences lately (4-chan,alt-right,Incel,people who believe Blacks aren't human, Trumpies marching in protest who won't take the vaccine because they think it's the "mark of the Beast" or is Satanic) that I needed to take a break from it all and watch a movie! lol And I liked that knife -- she sure had an intent to keep all the riffraff at bay!

14 hours ago, Akane Nacht said:
On 7/14/2020 at 11:55 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

Implicit Bias TRAINING is a core part of diversity & inclusion training..don't know about "tests".

How would you know if the training worked, or was needed in the first place, without a reliable form of measurement?

I suggest to read the article in full. It quotes the developers of this test, their intentions in doing so, and how it became mainstreamed. 

Note too, that every human being has bias. It does not follow that this bias translates to an observable behaviour. For example, I may have a bias towards bearded men, but that does not mean that I leap at every one I see or hire only bearded men to work for me or keep one tied up in my closet. I still behave within the bounds of the law and social norms.

Implicit bias training makes even less sense to me. I asked a psychologist about this and he just laughed and shook his head. 

I dare say the people making money off these programmes will tell you otherwise but...maybe they have a motive eh?

While your hyperbolic analogy of keeping a bearded man in your closet made me laugh as hyperbolic imaginings often do, your analogy is not a good one for theorizing what usually happens when one has a bias.
We should never deduce an outcome by only one example as you have done, and we should never theorize or create a hyperbolic or extreme result. We should have many test subjects who prefer bearded men in the test and deduce the outcome as an average, and our theorized outcome should be more realistic (for example, would more of our subjects end up in real life with bearded men, or would more of them than not request their partner grow a beard?).

I'm glad you believe everyone has bias (you would not believe how many people believe they have no bias whatsoever), and that your issue is only that you believe bias does not translate to behavior.  But are you saying you believe it never does, or do you believe there's a possibility that bias can be translated to behavior at times? And, are you implying that the "bounds of the law and social norms" will always keep someone in check even if they have bias, or would societal restrictions only keep someone from succumbing to their bias some of the time? 

I would venture to say, that on average women who prefer bearded men would choose such a bearded man if possible, or request a partner grow a beard (a greater number of women would do this than would not).  This is just common sense for one (that what we like in life we make attempts to acquire), plus there are actually many experiments in the Social Sciences which prove that what we like or prefer does indeed translate into what we attempt to acquire for ourselves via our behavior. Tests demonstrating this dynamic are some of the easiest to prove as it's so easy to question outcomes in life outside the test lab with simple followup questions (what characteristics does your current partner have now, for example, with one of the choices being 'a beard').

Anyway, coming back from bearded men to the purpose of this thread (better quality of life for Blacks), since most people have a preference for non-criminal behavior it's easy to theorize that if a person has a belief that Black men are criminals they would choose a White person over a Black one for a job, or if a judge they would more likely believe the Black man is guilty. ON AVERAGE
(and it has indeed been proven time and again that most people have a bias labeling Black men as more likely criminal).

Or, taking another example, if a teacher has the belief that Black children are less intelligent and not capable of mastering college material, and they naturally prefer to help a child they can imagine succeeding under their tutelage, wouldn't they more often choose a White student to devote more attention to and counsel toward college? ON AVERAGE
(and there are numerous examples and tests demonstrating that many teachers have lowered expectations for Black students compared to white ones).

Of course in both of the above scenarios it's possible for an individual to override bias (for example, a teacher might have the awareness that Black children more often end up in poverty due to lack of education, and be one of those amazing social justice warriors trying to achieve social justice for the disadvantaged in life, and so actually spend MORE time if possible with a Black child).

But on average, we see a slanting toward outcomes that disfavor Black individuals when compared to their White counterparts. And because a greater percentage of Blacks are victims of our bias this dynamic is a major reason why we see poorer outcomes for them on average in terms of economic success.

So Akane, what method do you believe would help an individual recognize bias if not some sort of implicit bias training? I guess since you seem to believe implicit bias does not translate into behavior then this is a useless question? Or do you allow for the belief that there are times that bias translates to behavior, and that it can have negative outcomes for Blacks? If so, do you have suggestions for what might be done to remedy this problem?

While the "bounds of the law and social norms" might keep you from trapping a bearded man in your closet, what do we do in these cases where the individual is not always aware that they are behaving beyond the "bounds of social norms" -- how do we get them to see they are? Or worse, what if the norms of a society are still sending the message via socialization that Blacks aren't as intelligent, or that Black men are more likely criminals...what then?

Edited by Luna Bliss

4 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Oops!  I got my wires crossed and was thinking of the Russian Revolution.  Right country, wrong event!  

blonde.jpg

No worries , it happens. So many changes have happened to every country on this planet that it's easy to be confused. Just 250 years ago the U.S were British Colonies, just 6 months ago UK left the EU. Things always change, nothing is permanent, we just deal with it and move on.

Edited by Nick0678

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

That pic did make me wonder what in the world the ad people at Hulu were thinking, or what actual awareness they had about the meaning of 'safe space', or even 'triggered'.  For me at that time though, I was just saying that I had encountered so many new disturbing experiences lately (4-chan,alt-right,Incel,people who believe Blacks aren't human, Trumpies marching in protest who won't take the vaccine because they think it's the "mark of the Beast" or is Satanic) that I needed to take a break from it all and watch a movie! lol And I liked that knife -- she sure had an intent to keep all the riffraff at bay!

Was I correct in my guess about the film's nature?
A look at a review of it hinted it was basically about 'getting back' at all the 'PC freaks' who demand to be treated like human beings...

Hulu... is also the network that has the show Blue Bloods. Which I binged the entire show of recently. It's basically a show about how cops and police are victims of all of the 'coloreds' and their 'PC agenda' to smear honest folks, starring Tom Sellick of Magnum PI...

It has a few very disturbing trends... like everytime there is an officer who is non-white, a personal failure or corruption will be found somewhere in them or their family... That occurs with a number of white cops also, but it occurs with ALL non-white cops.

Every single last 'civilian review' or 'community advocate' of color is corrupt, many of them staging false or criminal events to make the cops on the show look bad...

And for a couple seasons there's a repeating theme where everytime they show the front of the police station they show a young black male in 'ghetto clothes' being dragged into the station by a white officer as a 'random background element'...

Oh and... Whoppi Goldberg gets on the show to help re-enforce the idea that "all those black people that act too black are actually thugs" by helping Tom expose such... she's basically become a right-wing shill... I know she thinks she's a progressive... but she's a progressive like Feinstein and Pelosi... as in in any decade other than now, she'd be a Republican. A person who advocates conservative policy while claiming to be progressive...

So... That's a show Hulu loves to put front and center on my recommendation list... I removed it and all the other cop shows recently after reading an article about how cop dramas are brainwashing us to see communities of color as violent toxic places and to see corruption in the police as 'needed'...

(will link that article if I can find it again).

This is NOT the article I read, but it makes the same point. It was written before Floyd was murdered by the police: https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/jan/25/law-and-disorder-how-shows-cloud-the-public-view-of-criminal-justice

These might be referring to the same study:

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/06/crime-tv-series-distort-understanding-of-law-enforcement-survey-says-1202234573/#!

https://colorofchange.org/press_release/normalizing-injustice-new-landmark-study-by-color-of-change-reveals-how-crime-tv-shows-distort-understanding-of-race-and-the-criminal-justice-system/

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

This is biased crap.  Sad to read it.  Somehow, this kind of thing needs to end this decade, Pussycat.   

There was a similar show on when we lived in the city and it's still going strong today..it showed all the good things going on in certain parts of the city of sometimes some bad, while showing pretty much only the bad from other parts..

It was called, The News..

hehehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3

https://www.sfchronicle.com/living/article/Does-Twitter-love-the-idea-of-Black-employees-as-15410658.php

Black youths of America quietly created their own online community within the platform. This was a slice of internet where Black kids spoke candidly with each other about Black issues. It quickly became known as Black Twitter.

The subculture’s influence on the country is tangible. Black Lives Matter came to prominence through Black Twitter. Black Twitter caught the world’s attention with hashtags like #LoveWins, in regard to marriage equality, as well as phrases like Black Girl Magic, which celebrates Black women, and the viral video sensation that was the mannequin challenge.

The group also popularized “Karen” as a moniker for racist white women. And when San Francisco supervisors recently introduced the CAREN Act, which would designate discriminatory calls to the police as hate crimes, it was essentially a nod to Black Twitter.

Suffice it to say, Black people helped make Twitter cool for more than a decade. And the site still needs brown fingers tweeting into the ether to remain relevant. So, is it safe to assume the company, which is headquartered in San Francisco, hires, retains and promotes Black people in a way that reflects their importance online as users?

No, it is not.

Black people make up about 13% of the country’s population, based on recent U.S. census data, but we account for about 24% of overall Twitter users, according to the Pew Research Center. According to 2020 data, only 6% of Twitter’s workforce in the U.S. is Black. In 2017, the number was closer to 3%.

When it comes to leadership positions, Black people held fewer than 5% of those jobs at Twitter. They also only accounted for 3% of promotions.

Attrition data from Twitter doesn’t often bode well for the company either: From October 2018 to October 2019, Black people made up 9% of the new hires. But in that same window, they accounted for 9% of the company’s attrition, meaning employees that left their jobs at Twitter.

. . .

. . .

. . .

So, while people across the country call for race reform in a litany of areas, maybe we should look closer at the place where conversations become global movements. Black Twitter is a vibrant swath of Twitter that makes the app relevant. Now is the chance for the company to return the love Black people have given it for more than a decade.

Black Twitter has shown it’s capable of changing the world with a hashtag. The least the company can do is hire and promote more Black employees.

Goes on from there.

Tech benefits from people of color, but doesn't want them at the table.

I'm posting this not to call out twitter per se, but tech in general - I've been in Silicon Valley for 25 years, and in that time I've seen more engineers that were Mexican nationals on H1B Visas than Black Americans. I've actually known as many Ethiopian engineers as African American engineers...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Hulu... is also the network that has the show Blue Bloods. Which I binged the entire show of recently. It's basically a show about how cops and police are victims of all of the 'coloreds' and their 'PC agenda' to smear honest folks, starring Tom Sellick of Magnum PI...

It has a few very disturbing trends... like everytime there is an officer who is non-white, a personal failure or corruption will be found somewhere in them or their family... That occurs with a number of white cops also, but it occurs with ALL non-white cops.

Every single last 'civilian review' or 'community advocate' of color is corrupt, many of them staging false or criminal events to make the cops on the show look bad...

And for a couple seasons there's a repeating theme where everytime they show the front of the police station they show a young black male in 'ghetto clothes' being dragged into the station by a white officer as a 'random background element'...

Oh and... Whoppi Goldberg gets on the show to help re-enforce the idea that "all those black people that act too black are actually thugs" by helping Tom expose such... she's basically become a right-wing shill... I know she thinks she's a progressive... but she's a progressive like Feinstein and Pelosi... as in in any decade other than now, she'd be a Republican. A person who advocates conservative policy while claiming to be progressive...

So... That's a show Hulu loves to put front and center on my recommendation list... I removed it and all the other cop shows recently after reading an article about how cop dramas are brainwashing us to see communities of color as violent toxic places and to see corruption in the police as 'needed'...

(will link that article if I can find it again).

This is NOT the article I read, but it makes the same point. It was written before Floyd was murdered by the police: https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/jan/25/law-and-disorder-how-shows-cloud-the-public-view-of-criminal-justice

These might be referring to the same study:

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/06/crime-tv-series-distort-understanding-of-law-enforcement-survey-says-1202234573/#!

https://colorofchange.org/press_release/normalizing-injustice-new-landmark-study-by-color-of-change-reveals-how-crime-tv-shows-distort-understanding-of-race-and-the-criminal-justice-system/

Wow I had no idea this was still going on to such a degree on television (and from the articles you posted we can see the favor toward Whites as 'the good guy' is HUGE). I can only hope I'd have noticed this bias if I watched more US crime dramas than I do. I'd heard Blue Bloods had conservative elements within it, and watching the first episode it seemed to be well-made so I intended to watch more and see what was conservative about it.  So sounds like the conservative elements in Blue Bloods are related to painting the police as angels and Black people as the cause of all evil in the world :(    And Whoopi, no! I always liked her. Has she become an Aunt Tomasina? lol  She sure does use 'Black sassy' when she needs it on TV huh, yet feels fine playing a role that denigrates being "too Black", painting these people as always criminal? 

I do watch more crime shows from other countries, particularly the UK where the whodunit genre is popular. I don't recall such emphasis on Blacks as the criminal or malicious character in these, so this leads me to think this is a US problem stemming from our greater hatred of POC here.

Edited by Luna Bliss

An interesting paper, though a bit dated and longish. It sheds light on what specifically happens in visual processing causing police to more often view Blacks as criminal:

Seeing Black: Race, Crime, and Visual Processing

"When officers were given no information other than a face and when they were explicitly directed to make judgments of criminality, race played a significant role in how those judgments were made. Black faces looked more criminal to police officers; the more Black, the more criminal. These results provide additional evidence that police officers associate Blacks with the specific concept of crime. Moreover, these results shed light on the face-recognition memory errors made by police officers in Study 4. In that study, police officers were more likely to falsely identify a Black face that was more stereotypically Black than the target when primed with crime than when not primed with crime. Thinking of crime may have led officers to falsely identify the more stereotypically Black face because more stereotypically Black faces are more strongly associated with the concept of crime than less stereotypically Black faces".

https://web.stanford.edu/~eberhard/downloads/2004-SeeingBlackRaceCrimeandVisualProcessing.pdf

There are numerous studies/articles at this website related to police abuse and racial stereotyping.  I haven't gone through all of them but found the first one especially informative:

Black Criminal Stereotypes and Racial Profiling

"The racial stereotyping of criminals has been an enduring and unfortunate feature of American culture. However, following the civil rights movement, the linkage between Blacks and crime was galvanized. The stereotyping of Blacks as criminals is so pervasive throughout society that “criminal predator” is used as a euphemism for “young Black male.” This common stereotype has erroneously served as a subtle rationale for the unofficial policy and practice of racial profiling by criminal justice practitioners. This article details the theoretical elements contributing to the development of Black criminal typification to understand how this has been used to justify racial profiling."

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/249713835_Black_Criminal_Stereotypes_and_Racial_Profiling

So here's some of the mess we're in:

TL:DR: starts with a white woman who's tires were slashed by a white man.

The white woman happens to be a BLM supporter who was present at a street mural the City paid to have made on the main street of town.

It then goes into how the community is split between these factions, and white folks are essentially fighting each other over this...

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/otisrtaylorjr/article/Old-new-Martinez-clash-amid-debate-over-defacing-15411610.php

If you are familiar with that BLM painting in NYC done on the street... Martinez here in the Bay Area actually did it first.

Martinez is where the county courthouse for criminal cases is for Contra Costa County. That's an historically extremely racist county. Attorneys in my family have defended a literal army of black folks railroaded through that courthouse on BS charges. I've worked some of those cases myself when I was in school... Most of them stem from county Sheriffs who harrass people from the working class Black steel town; Pittsburg (named for the more famous town of the same name in PA, but misspelled, and Cali kept the misspelling), and the nearby mostly Black town Richmond (that because of Urban Renewal saw it's black middle class forced into Projects and is now a bad place) - when they end up in other parts of the county or try to use the freeways... There are also two mostly Chicano towns that we've got a similar set of cases from...

Contra Costa country has... outgrown it's racist past...

And the people in power want to make that extremely clear to the people still wearing judges robes in that courthouse, as well as the county sheriff's that are often "at odds" with local "not-as-racist-cause-we-live-here" police...

Not sure if it's still true, but the Prosecutor's office in that county used to only hire from Bringham Young's law school, so they could get ultra-right-wingers that were NOT too familiar with blacks or latinos in order to get them to be more hard-line... (I've had DAs look in my face, look at our client and say "look at all those gangbanger tattoos" while pointing to a tattoo of the Virgin Guadalupe... because those guys were so extremely "white-bread" they couldn't even recognize the Virgin Mary once her name was in Spanish - like even a Klansman wouldn't be that blind...).

That was a little over a decade ago...

As the article notes... the town has been changing recently.

And the racists are not going away smoothly.

Yet that white woman that got her tires slashed... people like her are the kinds of whites I know in my 'RL' - out here in the Bay Area I almost always meet white folks that I can call allies. Yes we have a LOT of Karen videos from here too, but those folks are almost never long terms locals, and a LOT of the new folks come here BECAUSE the place is more integrated...

Yet there are some counties and towns that are known for being former havens of even the Klan... I live in one, but it flipped from one of the most racist places in the state to one of the 3 most racially integrated places on Earth several decades ago...

Martinez is.. behind on this... which makes it the new battleground.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

The one in front of Trump Tower?

Yep.

Here's the Martinez one:

640x0.jpg

Very similar theme.

Look close at the B, see the black under it - that's from an attempt to vandalize it.

Also notice how someone came back and wrote the 'all lives' slogan in chalk right after the 'L'

This is actually still one of the whitest towns in the Bay Area, yet the modern generation of residents are allies, folks who live here and love racial integration. They've just still got some of the racist types hanging on to their homes and stirring up trouble...

• Like 1

• Lindens

Hello All!

Please remember to keep this ON topic. Discussing politics and finger pointing is not appropriate, and if you must have that conversation, please take it to a private area. 

We will have to lock this thread if it continuously gets derailed.

Best,

Obi

• Thanks 3

44 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Yes.

Putin offered, and in fact has paid, bounties to the Taliban to kill US soldiers.

They've even traced the money wiring, and to specific Americans that were killed as a result.

And that's his business... as a hostile power... he's not the traitor he is acting in his interests as a hostile power.

My nation's leader is cozying up to him, denying it all, and refusing to investigate it or even condemn Putin for it...

- That's the traitor. Because he's in the chain of command, these are his own soldiers being killed by his buddy... he needs to act, for us; his troops.

I looked a bit on this matter and thats according to  "intelligence reports". Personally i learned a few things all these years about "intelligence reports" used by politicians, media, etc especially after the "intelligence reports" that once were claiming that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction and we all know what happened after that war.

The U.S said "it was a mistake.." (who gives a sh.. right), The U.K was probably watching the new series of "Doctor Who",

and the United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan stated in September 2004 that: "I have indicated it was not in conformity with the UN charter. From our point of view and the UN Charter point of view, the war was illegal" (the US-led war on Iraq was illegal).

You can't have war all the time and intelligence reports are .. excuse me.. "bullsh..".

Edited by Nick0678

40 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Yep.

Here's the Martinez one:

640x0.jpg

Very similar theme.

Look close at the B, see the black under it - that's from an attempt to vandalize it.

Also notice how someone came back and wrote the 'all lives' slogan in chalk right after the 'L'

This is actually still one of the whitest towns in the Bay Area, yet the modern generation of residents are allies, folks who live here and love racial integration. They've just still got some of the racist types hanging on to their homes and stirring up trouble...

I understand people wanting to support BLM, but painting this at taxpayer expense on taxpayer funded streets is not something that should be done. It also sets precedent, because now since the city did it, its going to be  tough for them to deny another group, perhaps even some racist group from wanting to paint a slogan on a street there. If they are denied, it is then a violation of constitutionally protected rights. There is already a suit going in NYC for some group because they were denied the right to paint their slogan on a city street. Its a whole can of worms thing, and these paintings need to go.

41 minutes ago, Gage Wirefly said:

I understand people wanting to support BLM, but painting this at taxpayer expense on taxpayer funded streets is not something that should be done. It also sets precedent, because now since the city did it, its going to be  tough for them to deny another group,

If you believe this is 'for some group' then you don't yet understand what the message is saying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick0678 said:

I looked a bit on this matter and thats according to  "intelligence reports". Personally i learned a few things all these years about "intelligence reports" used by politicians, media, etc especially after the "intelligence reports" that once were claiming that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction and we all know what happened after that war.

Tell that to the body bags coming back from there...

If they had one piece of information pointing to it being false... they could say so. But instead they're just saying that 'dead soldiers' is an attempt by the military to hurt his poll numbers...

These are my brothers and sisters who's blood is on his hands. I want answers for that blood. We will fight for our country, even if we believe the cause is misguided... but to ask us to be murdered for pay by your friends; that is a traitor's conduct.

While he won't even so much as look at Putin with crossed eyes...

This needs investigations, hearings, leaders that listen to their intel reports, accountings for the body bags of US soldiers...

The time for hand-waving, excusing, and dismissing ends the moment the first casket comes back.... With good leaders it ends even before that; partisanship ends the moment you get a briefing that says "there's a plan to murder our boys hatched by someone who claims to be with us, and we even have a money trail and a confession..." - At that moment, you stop EVERYTHING and open up a can of harsh diplomacy. Because that intel, was out there BEFORE the first body-bag was filled by this...

and then it all needs to be laid out in front of Putin and not a request, but a demand for answers. A demand that comes with extremely harsh consequences if those answers are not liked...

This... is NOT a partisan issue. How a leader responds to an actual or even alleged attack on his troops is the difference between a patriot and a traitor.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Tell that to the body bags coming back from there...

I understand , well it's time for you to move out of there and go back home. Personally i don't mind which party will do that, you do realize that for the rest of the world U.S.A is one country and one flag, not a specific political party or group of people.

Support whoever takes you out of the warzone and live in peace with your families. The more united you become on this, the better for all of you.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:
1 hour ago, Gage Wirefly said:

I understand people wanting to support BLM, but painting this at taxpayer expense on taxpayer funded streets is not something that should be done. It also sets precedent, because now since the city did it, its going to be  tough for them to deny another group,

If you believe this is 'for some group' then you don't yet understand what the message is saying.

Only when a country removes its primary scapegoat (Black people).....when it can honestly express that "Black Lives Matter".... will "All Lives Matter" be true.

If a society repeatedly creates a primary scapegoat to keep down in numerous ways, even facilitating a system of oppression in its institutions and so embedding it deeply into the fabric of that society, I'd say that's a heap of hate going on. So much hate, as scapegoats always embody, that all lives could never really matter until the Black ones finally do.

Edited by Luna Bliss

25 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

I understand , well it's time for you to move out of there and go back home. Personally i don't mind which party will do that, you do realize that for the rest of the world U.S.A is one country and one flag, not a specific political party or group of people.

On the go back home I agree. That one though IS a partisan issue... somewhat... my side tried electing a guy who said he'd get us out, then didn't... their side tried electing a guy who said he'd get us out, then didn't...

But as long as we are there... then our leaders need to support OUR troops, and not the enemy's troops. The absolute minimum agreed to by everyone standard for that is keeping them alive and not making friends with people that kill them... And that isn't partisan.

3 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

On the go back home I agree. That one though IS a partisan issue... somewhat... my side tried electing a guy who said he'd get us out, then didn't... their side tried electing a guy who said he'd get us out, then didn't... etc

Do you really want me to tell you what i think from what you explained (although it's not my business..) Neither of them truly wants to solve the problem, seriously that's what it looks to me. Good luck, stay strong, support your loved ones and those who come back from the war and who are in need regardless if the war is justified or unjustified and who knows maybe one day.. I already explained earlier you are 1 country and 1 flag, bullets don't argue with skin tan/color, sexual preference, gender and stuff like that. Stay united.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I fully understand, but your reply has nothing to do with what I said . We cannot allow this kind of behavior, if we do, then its going to be hard to deny others the same privilege of painting over public streets. You cannot allow one group to do it, and another not to.  I am telling you , this is a slippery slope.

As an aside, think of BLM as a corporate slogan, because that is what they are ,  a corporation. They are not a nonprofit, so this makes it more suspect in my opinion.  What do we do when Walmart petitions for their right to paint a public street ? Or again, some hate group? Precedent has been set by allowing this to be done, I am looking at the bigger picture here.

Edited by Gage Wirefly
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

If a society repeatedly creates a primary scapegoat to keep down in numerous ways, even facilitating a system of oppression in its institutions and 

The one institution, and a very powerful institution that needs to be addressed and remedied, is media, specifically I am speaking about General audience television media.  My oldest sister told me television is the way it is because of Puritanical values and morals wherein even the moral majority may be behind some of this oppression of POC in regards to television.  This is a very powerful institution and "influencer" and is run and backed by a lot of money.   What Pussycat wrote about Blue Bloods is absolutely appalling and sounds like it's taking POC back 100 years.  

Another thing that must be over-turned is that prisoners are slaves.  They are not slaves; they are people who broke the law.  It is a horrible law that a prisoner can be a person's slave.   The united nations and any nation should not stand for this any longer that prisoners are slaves.  It absolutely must end.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1365 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.