Are You Showing Support for Black Lives Matter in Second Life?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I can accept that WASP culture spread from Europe to the US, and all over the globe where it stole Aboriginal lands, enslaved darker-skinned peoples, and created policies to favor those like themselves.  It's this "alliance between the United States & England"  as the cause of racism in American now that I'm disagreeing with.

Here is a good example of how the government holds back a people.. Three different occasions where we started to thrive, they stepped in to knock us back.. not just that but also in the education area and corrupt micro government and so on..

Take this and then look closely everywhere else that there is rampant problems with another people.. I'm willing to bet there are a lot of similarities..

This is why we trust no politicians or governmet..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Well remember I said especially in the South, not only in the South.  And it's some sick religious sheet like no other...lol.  I'm not sure I even want to recall all that I've learned about it, right now.

I know the deep south or what is also known as "the Bible belt" has issues towards many of us in America.  We are just not correct in our thinking and our behavior to them.  

Part of this country is too far right and part of it is too far left, both scare me when we go too extremes like that.  I am not fond of extremes.  However, what is currently happening in the world right now due to the oppression of Black people, I do not see as an extreme.   I am glad some of our mayors and even Trump had a round table discussion with police officers the other day.  I am glad we are talking.  I want to see a change.  I don't know if we can affect a change in every human being on the planet, however.   And, some you just need to let go.  

51 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

All Whites alive today, and all Germans at that time, bear some responsibility in the horrors committed in their respective countries.

I've never considered the Germans alive today as responsible for the horrors inflicted upon my family.  I'll have to think about what you said above and think about how I am responsible for the situation of the Black oppression.  Ignorance, that is one.  I never knew about the GI Bill and how the Black people were ripped off nor the redlining for another example.    

What to do to affect a change here...well we need to do something to make it change and that's about all I know. 

But, I hold no animosity towards any Germans alive today.   If they tried to invade Poland today or soon, I would.  Poland is holding ambassador talks for the United States and China right now because of COVID-19 and Russia does not like it.  Too bad Russia, let people talk.  Russia is mad at Poland right now and it is not the first time, not hardly.   And, Germany doesn't like it either that the U.S. and China are talking.  rolls eyes  Russia and Germany better just settle down about it because it is important to have these talks right now.   Germany and Russia may not have been invited for reasons that are known - both WWI and WWII.  

Edited by FairreLilette

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Here is a good example of how the government holds back a people.. Three different occasions where we started to thrive, they stepped in to knock us back.. not just that but also in the education area and corrupt micro government and so on..

Take this and then look closely everywhere else that there is rampant problems with another people.. I'm willing to bet there are a lot of similarities..

This is why we trust no politicians or governmet..

How I miss my cousin. :(

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

t's probably more a population thing than anything..But From the city which is Chicago where i lived, to the suburbs you had burbs that were White, burbs that were Black, burbs that were Hispanic,Italian,Polish and so on..Some burbs it was White areas Black areas Hispanic areas Indian areas Laoshon..

Chicago is the Midwest though.  The Deep South is pretty bad from what I've heard.  Parts of New England on the North East can be very snobby also and may be snob central and pretty much only want white money.

2 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

* I think I'd rather phrase it as "White culture spread around the globe like a cancer, raping every person and thing it could, so that it would continue to grow and dominate as much as possible".   Endless growth on a finite planet won't work, and I think that's why the world is imploding now, and will continue to do so until we find a better system.

I'm not so sure it's different as what you are describing here is a huge part of the WASP culture as is the United States and England alliance whose governments are white except for former president Obama.  I was proposing the idea that perhaps blacks wouldn't be seen as those who would support that alliance even though they could be equally important as consumers in Capitalism.  

2 hours ago, Innula Zenovka said:

I don't quite understand your point about land being taken -- yes, I agree.  You take the land and then use it for farming or mining or timber, or building or whatever it might be, to make money from it.

As to who had amazing homes, I think you mean that the English in America who had a lot of money  had amazing houses.   At first, they were the people who owned a lot of shares in the the company running the colony, or were friends of the Governor and the directors of the company back home.  

Sorry, I misunderstood your post.  I thought you meant the colonialists were only here for the land.  Sorry, I read what you were saying wrong.  So, never mind.  My mistake.  

Edited by JanuarySwan
  • Thanks 1

It’s really interesting to check this thread after a day when there are several pages of conversation to catch up on and you begin to see just how some people will take something they’ve heard or read but never bothered to research, and twist that tiny little nugget into an entire narrative that is so far beyond reality that there is no bringing them back.

It’s how people become like Alex Jones. Too stubborn and prideful to admit they aren’t the smartest people in the room, so they just start doubling down and making things up to fit their own story until it gets to a point where they’ve forgotten they were just making up hypotheticals and believe the lunacy they fabricated.

They repeat their fabricated hypotheticals to anyone who will listen - most will see them for the lunatics they are, but then there are the gullible and the stupid who just eat it up and then they spread it, and before long you’ve got Qanon and Pizzagate.

Pride goeth before a fall, and that entire branch of Trump/Jones/Limbaugh/Hannity/Carlson-believing dingalings are inching ever closer to that fall.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

I’m just curious so I have to ask - have you ever traveled beyond the San Fernando Valley? Have you actually seen the rest of LA County or the state or the rest of the country? 

Yes I have been all over the state from San Diego to San Francisco and just about every where including most of the beaches from San Diego up to Big Sur, the Mountains (Big Bear, Lake Arrowhead), Yosemite, The Sierra Nevada Mountains (Mammoth), Little Rock, Barstow, Cambria, San Luis Opispo, all over the Valley, Hollywood, Downtown L.A., Watts, Anaheim.  I've been to just about every city in the Valley.  I've been to Lancaster and Palmdale, Green Valley, Lake Elizabeth, this list could get pretty long.  I've been to all the major counties in Southern California as well - L.A. County, Ventura County, Orange County, Kern County, San Bernadino County, I forgot what else.  I've been to Santa Barbara and areas around there.  The only part I have not seen is Northern California yet.  

I'm not a big downtown city person though.  I am not a city/skyscraper person.  So, most of the places you can see other than Hollywood and downtown L.A. (a bit), it's mostly suburbs or scenic resort kinds of places I've been or areas where I was heading out to Las Vegas.  

I've been to Nevada, Utah, Arizona as I love the desert South West.  As far as the East Coast, I've been to New York City, Philadelphia and surrounding towns like the Amish country, Atlantic City and New Jersey for a drive through where I stayed in Cape May for a vacation.  

Why?

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, JanuarySwan said:

I have read your posts and see you are an optimist.  I am for the most part an optimist too.  However, when it comes to government I tend to find I am rolling my eyes a lot with a but...but...but THAT'S NOT WHAT YOU PROMISED!

i think we all feel this way at times when things never seem to go the way they should

about hope and optimism and how we can use this to carry us

a story that I carry with me always. I have a family member who a while ago now told me this story

her daughter was pre-schooler age at that time.  They have to go down the shops to buy groceries. Was a cold wintery day outside, their car is broken so they have to walk. Tries to get her baby to rug up. Gumboots, coat, hat, scarf, mittens. Takes a bit of coaxing, explanations and effort as anyone with children of this age knows

they eventually get all set and off they go. The clouds are down and cover the sky. The wind is chilling cold. Is all grey bleak and miserable. Then as they are going along, her daughter points up at the sky and says: Look Mummy, its a little bit sunny day

and it was. The clouds had opened up a tiny little gap and sunlight was coming thru. My friend looks at her daughter whose face is absolutely beaming with delight. Mum gives daughter a hug and tells her that there are two little sunny lights in the world. One in the sky and one in her arms

then the child starts trying to undress herself because its a little bit sunny day. Mum is going Nooo! is still cold and we have to stay warm. So that takes a bit to sort out, and they start walking again. The child then raises her mittened hands above her head toward the break in the sky while walking. Mum goes: What are you doing? Daughter goes: I am keeping my hands warm

i think of this hope and optimism whenever I find myself beginning to despair when all around me looks bleak and miserable. Not only do I look for the tiny rays of hope - its a little bit sunny day. I also look for the beaming little light on the faces of those beside me who never stop looking, trying and hoping

sometimes we have to be the Mum and keep our hopes and optimisms within manageable expectations, and other times we can be like the daughter - look! its a little bit sunny day

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

You get an A++++ for attempt at condescension.  

Wasn't my goal goal mate. I don't really got all that to do. I'll return the favor and give you get an A++++ for taking my words and putting them out of context yet again though. Good job.😎

37 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

Wasn't my goal goal mate. I don't really got all that to do. I'll return the favor and give you get an A++++ for taking my words and putting them out of context yet again though. Good job.😎

It's impossible to talk with these people, there's only one way, and thats their blind to follow own one. Don't think .. it's not allowed.
Fun detail is, they didn't do anything about this subject before, but now it's the biggest crime in the world to question their motives and behaviour.
Ignore them, skip these threads, or just watch now and than to look how many delusions and "me too"" are added ( it's already90 pages with the same repeating posters and posts). Have a good laugh and move on.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

48 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

It's impossible to talk with these people, there's only one way, and thats their blind to follow own one. Don't think .. it's not allowed.
Fun detail is, they didn't do anything about this subject before, but now it's the biggest crime in the world to question their motives and behaviour.
Ignore them, skip these threads, or just watch now and than to look how many delusions and "me too"" are added ( it's already90 pages with the same repeating posters and posts). Have a good laugh and move on.

Have a good laugh?

Dont care if this gets me banned.

Your words & mentality exemplifies a lot of what is wrong in this world.

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Velk Kerang said:

Then maybe you ought to pause & give consideration to the power of the words you subconsciously choose.

8 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Got an EA Origin update earlier and this popped up when I launched my game.

image.png.5b3360b6e05e2de11acdb05a632bd632.png

Oh wow. I hadn't updated mine yet so I haven't seen this message yet, but I do got got a question. People support what they want to support as they should and I am not surprised to see these types of discussions here given the type of platform SL is, but since when did politics, social issues, and gaming become a thing? lol I mean every gamer will tell you the two don't mix and mesh very well because they play whatever they play to escape all of that. I mean only recently started playing around with Sims 4 myself a few months back right before the whole COVID19 thing broke out and when they released the Eco Lifestyle expansion while it didn't bother me there were a lot of complaints on the forums about it being in bad taste on the timing of it which I kind of agreed with. I am almost curious to see what they are saying over there about this, but I am think probably best to just stay away. I get more then enough healthy debates with mates when on SL as it is anyway. lol 😎

I don't know maybe I am just wondering it because I still remember a time when mixing the two was basically taboo and now days it seems to becoming a normal practice. I'll probably fire up the game and read the official notice though. Thank you so much for sharing this. Good taste in games by the way. Two thumbs up. I am more of a Sims 2 kind of guy myself, but they didn't do to bad of a job on this one. It's kind of funny I seen this because my SL wife was the one who actually got me in to this game and I ended up playing it more then her. lol Anyway thanks again for the information mate. I appreciate it.😎

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

Ya I've gotten that same impression too from some of the responses I've read on this thread. Your exactly right though. This isn't the first rodeo ride and time something like this has happened and there will be uproar and all types of stuff and people will get their feathers ruffled for a while and yack yack yack yada yada yada and go on their little witch hunts and innocent people more often then not suffer because of it, but at the end of the day when time goes on everything will settle back down right until someone else decides to kick up some more dust and it's rinse and repeat all over again. So what I generally laugh at is that nothing real ever gets done about it when all is finally said and done and no real change ever gets made which is pretty pathetic and sad actually. Lives get ruined for absolutely nothing. I presented my logical solution to the change needed so I am pretty much done with it at this point. lol So ya I actually kind of agree with you mate. I've already had my good laugh reading threw this thread so like you I'm thinking it's pretty much about time to move on now. Lmao!!!!😎

40 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

Have a good laugh?

Dont care if this gets me banned.

Your words & mentality exemplifies a lot of what is wrong in this world.

That's kind of hypocritical considering you say you don't go about denouncing the efforts of others yet you have absolutely no problem insulting a total stranger you just met and know absolutely nothing about and didn't even take the time to get to know. I don't really think that qualifies you to be in a position to speak on someone else's mentality when you need to get yours in check.😎

38 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

Then maybe you ought to pause & give consideration to the power of the words you subconsciously choose.

Maybe you just need to read and actually comprehend what people are saying to you rather then making up your own bit of nonsense trying to tell them what they mean. Your not a mind reader and you don't speak for anyone other then yourself. I spoke very clearly. I didn't mince words. So you either understand what is said or you didn't. I've clarified myself already. Beyond that I can't help you any further because you don't really seem like you want to understand what people say to you. You seem to like to go back and forth with people on it. I've pretty much stated my position and feelings. I even went so far as to explain why. What I said made perfect sense even. So I really am pretty much done with it at this point.😎

Edited by Velk Kerang
Corrections.

Some posters here are lucky the demographic for SecondLife forums consists of mainly white and middle aged people. If it were Twitter they would get ripped a new one and cancelled, which is the only time I support cancel culture. The blessing of social media is being able to really see how a lot of people think and also realize how many hidden bigots there were.

Edited by Ashlyn Voir
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

Some posters here are lucky the demographic for SecondLife forums consists of mainly white and middle aged people. If it were  Twitter or they would get ripped a new one and cancelled, which is the only time I support cancel culture. The blessing of social media is being able to really see how a lot of people think and also realize how many hidden bigots there were.

You always been vile and agressive to other opinions, not matter what subject, even about a pic what didn't get a like you could go totally off limit.. but now you'r the sweet good girl with your own fanclub, riding on the wave of BLM .. venting your negativity freely because it fits so well in this subject.
Your post could be a mirror.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

Some posters here are lucky the demographic for SecondLife forums consists of mainly white and middle aged people. If it were Twitter they would get ripped a new one and cancelled, which is the only time I support cancel culture. The blessing of social media is being able to really see how a lot of people think and also realize how many hidden bigots there were.

Believe it or not I actually said the same thing on Twitter that I did here under my gaming account that I keep entirely separate from SL I set up for my Youtube channel I am currently working on and I got a massive amount of support and followers because of it including someone famous even. lol Got my first famous star follower. lol Woot!!!! lol So I must be doing something right. Lmao!!!!😎

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.