Jump to content

Are You Showing Support for Black Lives Matter in Second Life?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 261 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not as such, no. We don't really have that kind of thing here as, well, our law enforcement seldom gun down people - and whilst I obviously do not condone of it, I'm hesitant to give my 'official' (i.

Alrighty, now that I've gone ahead and cleared out some not so pleasant posts from this thread I wanted to drop a quick note here. As many of you have seen me say several times before, delving in

Thank you for this.   Black woman here.  Of A Certain Age.  I have my BLM shirt.   For whatever that means. (freewheeling it here, went from wanting to say something to not wanting to say anythi

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

our company I work for doesn't care what race or color you are..you get respect by how well you do your job..

You can tell a lot about a person by how well they do their job..I mean those guys bust their butts in there.. Lazy buns get no respect from everyone..Doesn't matter what race or color they are either..

They won't last..But we'll take anyone in and give them a chance to prove themselves..

A company limiting themselves just because of race ,is doing just that..limiting themselves..

 

I never said they were choosing employees based on race - just that they try "intentionally" to be diverse. This means having a mix of people (with no prejudice) of different race, color, creed, national origin, age, gender, LGBTQ+ status, veterans..

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

Georgia right? You mean the state where a black man got shot for jogging. Doesn't have to be lynching....See the difference is I got receipts. I'm not just saying what I think.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52764898

His name was Ahmaud Arbery.

Keith Passmore a 12 year boy who was white murdered in a black neighborhood. My neighborhood. Murdered for nothing. I got receipts too. Plenty of them. The only difference between you showing me yours and me showing you mine is that I actually know mine. So you really wanna compare? Because I got a list a mile long of dead children on both sides of the fence. Murdered by so called brothers! Not white men, but brothers, ....sister. I don't see no justice for any of them. None! So go on let's compare. I'll show you another dead child I knew personally. Babies even. Pick a color any color. I don't see no BLM or anyone else for that matter helping with that. Every child I know who's gone white, black, brown, or otherwise I don't see no one doing jack about it. So don't come to me dropping links because it's the new media hype people are crying about. Come to me from the heart or just don't come at all.🤨

https://www.wsav.com/news/special-report-3-years-no-answers-in-12-year-olds-murder/

14 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

You're literally a living breathing talking point. How about we address this issue NOW so there won't be anymore rioting and looting? You seem pretty against that right?

You have an actual point or are you just running laps?🤨

16 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

See the difference between that and what I posted from the founders of the BLM movement is this: My quote doesn't say anything like that. Your quote is from a woman that wants to help and doesn't know how and now you're misinterpreting it. There's nothing wrong with wanting to help and not knowing what to do, that happens when people realize how big of a problem something is. Your interpretation is off.

Maybe it is. Maybe you right. Maybe I'm seeing it wrong. Ima take a station break from this conversation though. I kind of think I need to. Take care and stay safe and stay blessed sister.😎

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

But, as far as individuality, as an artist and designer also, I love individuality and never thought that all people are all unique is a thought that is anti-liberal?  

I am a Bohemian.  I even have French Gypsy heritage in me.  What do you think Bohemians believe in?  

Uniqueness is a good thing in my book.  BTW, my house is decorated in a Bohemian style  :)

The point I'm trying to make is very different from the above though. I'm saying that a focus ONLY on individual rights and not being able to see the rights of the group too, is usually a conservative outlook when one tries to solve problems relating to the constant tension between the individual and the society which surrounds them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I never said they were choosing employees based on race - just that they try "intentionally" to be diverse. This means having a mix of people (with no prejudice) of different race, color, creed, national origin, age, gender, LGBTQ+ status, veterans..

I wasn't meaning you were..I was just saying anyone gets a shot at my work as well..

I think it's the best way to be..otherwise you limit yourself from the cream of the crop pretty much..it's all based on job performance..

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I wasn't meaning you were..I was just saying anyone gets a shot at my work as well..

I think it's the best way to be..otherwise you limit yourself from the cream of the crop pretty much..it's all based on job performance..

We even have Diversity and Inclusion Employee Resource Groups for people of color, for women, for veterans, and for LGBT+..

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

We even have Diversity and Inclusion Employee Resource Groups for people of color, for women, for veterans, and for LGBT+..

We were just sold to another company at the end of last year, so we're still in transition.. The virus kind of interrupted a lot of that when they had to put everyone on furlough..

I don't know if they have anything like that in their other plants.. I just know that they haven't turned anyone away for anything more than bad work record..

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

We were just sold to another company at the end of last year, so we're still in transition.. The virus kind of interrupted a lot of that when they had to put everyone on furlough..

I don't know if they have anything like that in their other plants.. I just know that they haven't turned anyone away for anything more than bad work record..

We were bought to go private last year also..they promised not to mess with out culture. So I expect we will continue on as before.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

So you really wanna compare? Because I got a list a mile long of dead children on both sides of the fence. Murdered by so called brothers! Not white men, but brothers, ....sister. I don't see no justice for any of them. None! So go on let's compare. I'll show you another dead child I knew personally. Babies even. Pick a color any color. I don't see no BLM or anyone else for that matter helping with that. Every child I know who's gone white, black, brown, or otherwise I don't see no one doing jack about it.

It's just the same ole same ole....you can't comprehend it's so much worse for Blacks in America, and that it always has been.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

Keith Passmore a 12 year boy who was white murdered in a black neighborhood. My neighborhood. Murdered for nothing. I got receipts too. Plenty of them. The only difference between you showing me yours and me showing you mine is that I actually know mine. So you really wanna compare? Because I got a list a mile long of dead children on both sides of the fence. Murdered by so called brothers! Not white men, but brothers, ....sister. I don't see no justice for any of them. None! So go on let's compare. I'll show you another dead child I knew personally. Babies even. Pick a color any color. I don't see no BLM or anyone else for that matter helping with that. Every child I know who's gone white, black, brown, or otherwise I don't see no one doing jack about it. So don't come to me dropping links because it's the new media hype people are crying about. Come to me from the heart or just don't come at all.🤨

This isn't a "No you....!" thing. You don't have any receipts, that's why your talking points keep changing. You went from, "Stuff like that doesn't happen here" to "Oh yeah?!?, well black people kill white people!" That's not what this is about, and you made another lame attempt to shift narratives. 

10 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

You have an actual point or are you just running laps?🤨

 

I do, but you seem to keep missing them.

11 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

Maybe it is. Maybe you right. Maybe I'm seeing it wrong. Ima take a station break from this conversation though. I kind of think I need to. Take care and stay safe and stay blessed sister.😎

NEW] Travis Scott - Jack Park Canny Dope Man | KTT2

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

This isn't a "No you....!" thing. You don't have any receipts, that's why your talking points keep changing. You went from, "Stuff like that doesn't happen here" to "Oh yeah?!?, well black people kill white people!" That's not what this is about, and you made another lame attempt to shift narratives.

Ya as I said I am pretty much done with you because everything you just said was BS anyway. I've been on the same point and haven't deviated once. You have shifted the conversation a few times and I rolled with it, but if in your brain that's how it went down then I'll let you keep thinking that. Either way we are done. End of conversation. Take care now.😎

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Velk Kerang said:

Ya as I said I am pretty much done with you because everything you just said was BS anyway. I've been on the same point and haven't deviated once. You have shifted the conversation a few times and I rolled with it, but if in your brain that's how it went down then I'll let you keep thinking that. Either way we are done. End of conversation. Take care now.😎

You're  gaslighting too now?

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Uniqueness is a good thing in my book.  BTW, my house is decorated in a Bohemian style  :)

The point I'm trying to make is very different from the above though. I'm saying that a focus ONLY on individual rights and not being able to see the rights of the group too, is usually a conservative outlook when one tries to solve problems relating to the constant tension between the individual and the society which surrounds them.

Oh, that's cool that your house is decorated in the Bohemian style.  Yes, it's my blood, it's in me.  I grew up with it too.  My father was a French Bohemian.  The French Gypsies or all the gypsies, the Nazi's wanted to kill as well.  Many gypsies were murdered in the concentration camps in WWII.  Fortunately, Canada hid us for awhile.  

The point regarding conservatives believe only the rights of the individual and not the group is strange.  So, I need some time to understand that as I could say according to the U.S. Constitution we have rights as an individual and rights as a group as the whole of us, so it's not something I'm fully understanding yet.  

But, anyhow, I ask a lot of questions.  I am inquisitive.  It's just me, who I am. 

I don't put too much faith in politics et al I think you can see from my posts.   But, if it's a current event happening in the world, it's difficult to bring it up because of Trump when Trump is just the talking head of people behind the scenes. 

As far as Trump, when Obama was president, I would tell my ex, Trump is saying Obama is Muslim again.  My ex and I would just hang our heads because it wouldn't have mattered to us if he were Muslim.  We thought it was nuts the way Trump was always going after Obama with crazy stuff.  I did not vote for Trump but I wasn't sure about Hilary either.  I like Biden.  I don't like either of the current proposals though as they are all pre Covid-19.  We need new proposals for a Covid-19 world now.    

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Velk Kerang said:

Believe it or not I actually said the same thing on Twitter that I did here under my gaming account that I keep entirely separate from SL I set up for my Youtube channel I am currently working on and I got a massive amount of support and followers because of it including someone famous even. lol Got my first famous star follower. lol Woot!!!! lol So I must be doing something right. Lmao!!!!😎

Well of course you’d have support on the opposite side, I mean...the Christchurch shooter had neo-Nazi supporters too from 8Chan. 🙃

7 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

You always been vile and agressive to other opinions, not matter what subject, even about a pic what didn't get a like you could go totally off limit.. but now you'r the sweet good girl with your own fanclub, riding on the wave of BLM .. venting your negativity freely because it fits so well in this subject.
Your post could be a mirror.

I can vent because I am black and it affects me more than you so...? Your point? You don’t have to like me, I hate you too. Very much. But, you or others like you don’t matter to me anyway so. Lol.There are people who agree and open their eyes to see the truth too. Stay blind. 

Edited by Ashlyn Voir
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

39 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

@Velk Kerang  In the video you referenced created by some idiot (let's just call him 'racist Billy living in mom's basement') he used the N-word @ the 7 minute mark.  Yeah, great source to back up your beliefs.

The fact you focused solely on that instead of the actual facts speaks volumes.😎

 

42 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Riiiiiiight.. "Person" in charge.. Quit playin. 

Well I am certainly glad I could provide you all with such a deep conversations about HNC vs HNIC. lol Both have been used and both are correct. You all know what I said. So quit playin too. Lmao!!!!😂😎

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Velk Kerang said:
48 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

@Velk Kerang  In the video you referenced created by some idiot (let's just call him 'racist Billy living in mom's basement') he used the N-word @ the 7 minute mark.  Yeah, great source to back up your beliefs.

The fact you focused solely on that instead of the actual facts speaks volumes.😎

The fact you can't comprehend that anyone using the N-word when speaking about matters of race shouldn't be listened to speaks volumes.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:
49 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Riiiiiiight.. "Person" in charge.. Quit playin. 

Well I am certainly glad I could provide you all with such a deep conversations about HNC vs HNIC. lol Both have been used and both are correct. You all know what I said. So quit playin too. Lmao!!!!😂😎

Seems you have issues with Blacks having 'too much' power...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just dropping by to leave these here for others to watch. I'm not watching comments atm, too busy with my job, but think that it's worth sharing the views from these people

 

 

Edited by Extrude Ragu
missing video bug
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Luna Bliss said:

The fact you can't comprehend that anyone using the N-word when speaking about matters of race shouldn't be listened to speaks volumes.

Well that's your choice to ignore the facts and remain ignorant then just because you didn't like the packaging it was delivered in. lol I can't help you with that.😎

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

Seems you have issues with Blacks having 'too much' power...

db40b05a4dd9c98158ad4b0d5224ad70--morgan😎

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:
14 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

The fact you can't comprehend that anyone using the N-word when speaking about matters of race shouldn't be listened to speaks volumes.

Well that's your choice to ignore the facts and remain ignorant then just because you didn't like the packaging it was delivered in. lol I can't help you with that.😎

JC, the way you have conceptualized and twisted this....I feel like a heavyweight boxing with a lightweight, and so I have an unfair advantage. Don't want to be abusive so will just stop responding to you.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Yes, he did. Big time.

For the record no I didn't ladies. I knew exactly what I was saying. I didn't bother to comment because it was just simply more entertaining to watch you all have such a deep conversation about it. Lmao!!!!😁😎

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I feel like a heavyweight boxing with a lightweight, and so I have an unfair advantage. Don't want to be abusive so will just stop responding to you.

Actually your half right. It's the opposite in fact. I will agree with you on one thing though. It is most definitely way past time to stop responding to you. Take care now.😎

Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 261 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...