Are You Showing Support for Black Lives Matter in Second Life?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1400 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

46 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Luna, you think that Whites weren't preferred over Blacks for no other reason other than their skin color.

People can be taught to hate anything. If you read the experiment I referenced earlier you will see people were taught to hate and mistreat blue-eyed people vs the brown-eyed ones.

The only question is, what purpose did it serve society to be taught to hate a particular group?

Edited by Luna Bliss

7 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

Right, because you've gone from they aren't down here, to they aren't in my city, to they aren't in my neighborhood....because you're there. So I'll take that as a "No, I'm not in an anti-klan patrol."

You can take it how you want. Makes me no never mind because I don't really care how you take it. Ain't no black folks getting hung in this state since you want to get technical about it. So some white people did a protest and? What's your point? I mean serious what you think you trying to prove around here? There are still racist white people? I see more black racists in the community then I do them white folks so I for one ain't sweating them one bit. So at the end of the day you didn't prove nothing sister.😎

Here's a thought. How about we get our black on black crime in check before we worry about a hand full of white protesters. I mean you can't realistically expect another race to respect a race that doesn't even show value and respect to themselves. And when that's done let's focus on the black on white crime which is happens way entirely more often then the white on black crime. How about we do that first before we worry about them inbred white boys. lol 😎

11 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

Where do you come up with this stuff? You make it sound like there's a black commandant directing white people somewhere. White people come to support BLM because they want to, the same with Latinos, Asians, Indians, and Native Americans.

Do your research and if you do it correctly you will find the same exact answers that I have. Unless your just blind to the problem. There is always that.😎

20 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

I think it is...or something. That's because it doesn't. Keep setting up those straw men though, I'll take them down before they get set on fire.

"We are a collective of liberators who believe in an inclusive and spacious movement. We also believe that in order to win and bring as many people with us along the way, we must move beyond the narrow nationalism that is all too prevalent in Black communities. We must ensure we are building a movement that brings all of us to the front."

That's from their page. I highlighted the ideas you should pay attention to. Doesn't sound like the klan to me.

You rack em and I'll crack em. Here is a direct quote straight from the mouth of Deedra Climer a white member of the BLM. "As for the role of white voices in a black movement, Climer said it's whatever black people say it is." Talk about brainwashed. She may as well have said, "Yessir Massa!". lol 😎

27 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

You asked...no you told me "You think when they tear down white own business on top of black owned ones they're helping our community? Nah you can't think that. lol"

I said literally, nobody thinks that. As in nobody thinks rioting and looting helps any community and you post a video of a black business vandalized. Great....that's not what I said though.

I misread what you meant then. I took it as you trying to say no one thinks that happens. I apologize for that. I am sorry.😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

People can be taught to hate anything. If you read the experiment I referenced earlier you will see people were taught to hate and mistreat blue-eyed people vs the brown-eyed ones.

The only question is, what purpose did it serve society to be taught to hate a particular group?

That's what I'm wondering about - purpose.  

But, in the 20th Century, Ceka talks about how all the separate towns were built in Chicago:  Black town, Italian town, Polish town, Irish town, etc.  They separated into towns like that in New York too.  

Why, I'm not really sure other than fear is one.  Fear and mistrust begins somewhere or is taught. 

The movie "The Gangs of New York" may provide some insight into something.  I watched the movie but at this time don't remember much of it.  

Edited by FairreLilette

Just now, Selene Gregoire said:

Apparently some people are unaware of how many families in Chicago have family still in the south. Seemed like most blacks in the town I grew up in had family in Chicago. I was amazed to find that out decades ago. A lot of the escapees went to Illinois from Dixie. 

My grandparents went there when they were offered relocation.. They didn't want their children going through the boarding schools like they did..

My grandmother is so messed up from the schooling still today.. That's how we ended up in Chicago.. We could have ended up in any one of the other relocation cities, but they chose Chicago..

But yea, I knew friends in the City that were always talking about family in the south.. I mean like most of them did..

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Apparently some people are unaware of how many families in Chicago have family still in the south. Seemed like most blacks in the town I grew up in had family in Chicago. I was amazed to find that out decades ago. A lot of the escapees went to Illinois from Dixie. 

The great Black Migration 

The great African American migration (With images) | The great migration,  Migrations, Migration lessons

Which correlates with a lot of northern cities adopting "black codes" and segregation policies and often the type of policing we're seeing a spotlight shone on right now. They date back to the Great black migration.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:
53 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

As a White woman I haven't experienced any prejudice due to the color of my skin, I have no experience with that

I don't know what state you are in Luna and what I am about to say is not to offend you, but in the late 20th Century and early 21st century, many companies had to have certain demographics so as to not appear to be discriminatory.  So you could have been discriminated against for the color of your skin or your sex or your age for a job because of demographics within companies.  If there was already enough of one skin color, they wanted another skin color to fill that position because of the anti-discrimination laws.  You've never applied for a job where demographics play a part in your getting a job or not?  I'm just curious, and what state you are in or what part of the country you are in.   We have job demographics now.  

If there were 3 equally qualified White people applying for a job, along with 3 equally qualified Black people applying for that same job, and they chose one of the Black people, how would that be discrimination against a White person?

Your theory could only work if the 3 Black people were unqualified, which is a racist assumption.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

Umm....some companies actually value diversity. It MEANS something to be diverse; you get different points of view, different cultural input. Everything you do towards diversity makes it more likely you succeed merely by having a diverse set of people behind the effort. (Avoid "group-think", etc.)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:
15 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

That's what I'm wondering about - purpose.  

But, in the 20th Century, Ceka talks about how all the separate towns were built in Chicago:  Black town, Italian town, Polish town, Irish town, etc.  They separated into towns like that in New York too.  

Why, I'm not really sure other than fear is one.  Fear and mistrust begins somewhere or is taught. 

The movie "The Gangs of New York" may provide some insight into something.  I watched the movie but at this time don't remember much of it.  

It started with slavery. And power does not give up power willingly, or easily.  Make someone a scapegoat and it's near impossible for many people to see them in a positive light again. Especially when keeping them devalued benefits other sectors of society - monetarily.

Edited by Luna Bliss

5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

If there were 3 equally qualified White people applying for a job, along with 3 equally qualified Black people applying for that same job, and they chose one of the Black people, how would that be discrimination against a White person?

Your theory could only work if the 3 Black people were unqualified, which is a racist a assumption.

I think she's talking about affirmative action..Wasn't that a nation wide thing?

That would have been true in any state I would think,if it was..

To me that sounds like what she is saying it was anyways..hehehe

I can't think of any other plan that sounded like it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

You can take it how you want. Makes me no never mind because I don't really care how you take it. Ain't no black folks getting hung in this state since you want to get technical about it. So some white people did a protest and? What's your point? I mean serious what you think you trying to prove around here? There are still racist white people? I see more black racists in the community then I do them white folks so I for one ain't sweating them one bit. So at the end of the day you didn't prove nothing sister.😎

Georgia right? You mean the state where a black man got shot for jogging. Doesn't have to be lynching....See the difference is I got receipts. I'm not just saying what I think.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52764898

His name was Ahmaud Arbery.

9 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

Here's a thought. How about we get our black on black crime in check before we worry about a hand full of white protesters. I mean you can't realistically expect another race to respect a race that doesn't even show value and respect to themselves. And when that's done let's focus on the black on white crime which is happens way entirely more often then the white on black crime. How about we do that first before we worry about them inbred white boys. lol 😎

You're literally a living breathing talking point. How about we address this issue NOW so there won't be anymore rioting and looting? You seem pretty against that right?

12 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

You rack em and I'll crack em. Here is a direct quote straight from the mouth of Deedra Climer a white member of the BLM. "As for the role of white voices in a black movement, Climer said it's whatever black people say it is." Talk about brainwashed. She may as well have said, "Yessir Massa!". lol 😎

See the difference between that and what I posted from the founders of the BLM movement is this: My quote doesn't say anything like that. Your quote is from a woman that wants to help and doesn't know how and now you're misinterpreting it. There's nothing wrong with wanting to help and not knowing what to do, that happens when people realize how big of a problem something is. Your interpretation is off.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:
27 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Can you explain the connection between BLM and feeling "owed" and working for a living?

I think this video should answer both questions at once.😎

Do you typically just believe what's espoused in any old random video you come across @ Youtube?    You need something more credible to back up your assumptions.  List each assumption and find some articles backing your beliefs, and why you believe what the author states as his truth.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

The great Black Migration 

The great African American migration (With images) | The great migration,  Migrations, Migration lessons

Which correlates with a lot of northern cities adopting "black codes" and segregation policies and often the type of policing we're seeing a spotlight shone on right now. They date back to the Great black migration.

I grew up in Lousyana. Most of the black families in CenLa have relatives in Chicago. I learned that when a friend went to Chicago to visit with family... and then decided to stay. In talking with her, I found that that happens quite frequently. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Your theory could only work if the 3 Black people were unqualified, which is a racist assumption.

No, that's not what I meant.  It's a system that works pretty darn well, but let's say there are too many women already in the company and one job opening, that job needs a man and it even might need a man of a certain color when actually the women was a better candidate for the job.  It mostly works but there are times, just like in anything, it doesn't work.  It's part of office politics in a modern world to hopefully give equal jobs to all.  Age discrimination has been the worst from what I've seen in California.  The businesses say they won't age discriminate but they do.  

Edited by FairreLilette

12 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Umm....some companies actually value diversity. It MEANS something to be diverse; you get different points of view, different cultural input. Everything you do towards diversity makes it more likely you succeed merely by having a diverse set of people behind the effort. (Avoid "group-think", etc.)

our company I work for doesn't care what race or color you are..you get respect by how well you do your job..

You can tell a lot about a person by how well they do their job..I mean those guys bust their butts in there.. Lazy buns get no respect from everyone..Doesn't matter what race or color they are either..

They won't last..But we'll take anyone in and give them a chance to prove themselves..

A company limiting themselves just because of race ,is doing just that..limiting themselves..

21 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

It mostly works but there are times, just like in anything, it doesn't work.

Nothing is perfect. The more well-rounded, diverse workplace benefits a company and society more though, and should be the top priority.  I wouldn't feel I was being discriminated against at all had I been that one who was not chosen, and most likely I would not have been that much more qualified.

Your outlook, Fairre, on so many matters is very conservative (considering the rights of the individual over the rights of the group, repeatedly).  You claim to be liberal but I don't believe it. 

Edited by Luna Bliss

9 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I looked up the HNC thing on the urban dictionary (barf). It's about as racist as you can imagine. 

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=HNC

That's actually not..it's from Lean on me,,Morgan Freeman said it in that movie..

It's actually supposed to be HNIC

I mean I guess it could be ,depending on context and who is saying it in what way..

Edited by Ceka Cianci

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1400 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.