Are You Showing Support for Black Lives Matter in Second Life?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, FairreLilette said:

The French Gypsies or all the gypsies, the Nazi's wanted to kill as well.  Many gypsies were murdered in the concentration camps in WWII.  Fortunately, Canada hid us for awhile.  

Many Polish people were gypsies too. 

There are people in the United States who don't believe the Holocaust ever happened.  I think FairreLilette saying there are French living in Canada proves it did happen.  I don't believe people would leave their homeland en masse if there were not a reason too.  

The neo-Nazis hate many white people too.  

There has only been one Catholic president, Kennedy, who was assassinated.   

Poles, Italians, Irish are not popular whites with the WASP culture either for what reasons I don't know; the (the WASP culture) are an elitist, snobby bunch of very wealthy and influential whites, however; and, as Fairre, was saying have quite the pedigree in their minds.

I cannot for the life of me get inside the head of a "nazi" type.  What were they thinking?   I would assume the KKK still exists today, though much is underground.

The political oppression against blacks in the United States baffles me considering there is a constitution and Bill of Rights.  The corruption in all of this matter is astounding.  It had to involve more than just skin color.  If I believe it may come from an alliance with the United States and England, and others don't, then enlighten me as to what it is based from.  Is it fear?  Fear of what?  Change?  

1 hour ago, Velk Kerang said:

I just caught this. That was an incredibly ignorant statement considering I am a person of color and so are my supporters. lol Just thought you should know. lol 😎

Pfft. If you're a PEE OH SEE then I'm white. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JanuarySwan said:

If I believe it may come from an alliance with the United States and England, and others don't, then enlighten me as to what it is based from.  Is it fear?  Fear of what?  Change?  

Read the study I posted where people were able to get some in the experiment to mistreat the blue-eyed people and value/treat kindly brown-eyed ones.  Society can easily get people to discriminate/hate based on any characteristic, via socialization.

It just so happens that slavery started the hate against Black people, and once some groups have power over another they don't give up that power easily....especially when they can use it  for financial gain.

Edited by Luna Bliss

4 hours ago, Velk Kerang said:

And white people in the BLM more often then not get told their role is whatever black people say it is.

Having read, with increasing disbelief and embarrassment, a fair number of white (I assume) posters in this thread explaining to black people how BLM are getting it all wrong, and how they understand racism far better than do BLM, I can't say that surprises me in the least.

Edited by Innula Zenovka
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Read the study I posted where people were able to get some in the experiment to mistreat the blue-eyed people over the brown-eyed ones.  Society can easily get people to discriminate/hate based on any characteristic, via socialization.

It just so happens that slavery started the hate against Black people, and once some groups have power over another they don't give up that power easily....especially when they can use it  for financial gain.

Okay, I will.  But, just from you speaking about the study, it sounds like it would have used "nazi" tactics and that's a little scary for me to go there.  Can you post the link again if possible?  tia

3 minutes ago, JanuarySwan said:
6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Read the study I posted where people were able to get some in the experiment to mistreat the blue-eyed people over the brown-eyed ones.  Society can easily get people to discriminate/hate based on any characteristic, via socialization.

Okay, I will.  But, just from you speaking about the study, it sounds like it would have used "nazi" tactics and that's a little scary for me to go there.  Can you post the link again if possible?  tia

Experiments in the Social Sciences don't generally use "Nazi" techniques...lol.  I mean Scientists have indeed done some creepy things through the years to people, but it's not common.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2013/07/jane-elliot-and-the-blue-eyed-children-experiment/#:~:text=The blue-eyed children would get five extra minutes,are not as good as the blue-eyed people.

• Moderators

This thread is being locked due to an overwhelming amount of name calling and bickering despite multiple reminders to be respectful and stay on topic. We do appreciate those who have had open and respectful conversation through the thread and wish to express our thanks for keeping the community open to engaging, thoughtful conversation. Should there be a desire to discuss this in the future, please be mindful of one another and be respectful. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 9
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.