Cute looking natural head any suggestions

anianita67

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1461 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everybody,

how do you get a cute looking woman head and not a viper mean look that they offer. I guess you play with head base, head shape lips and other components. I want to choose a head base for cute natural look with no redone lip effect ?  I tried Lelutka, Catwa,Akeruka head base and they all look 'viper' , or maybe the base that i use is not that important? Any suggestions? Which head base, shapes, ect.. would be best to achieve a natural cute looking young woman?

• Like 1

All of those brands are very different from each other in how they look, so to answer your question of:

1 hour ago, anianita67 said:

maybe the base that i use is not that important?

- the answer is YES, the base is very important. And that 'base' needs to be the included 'starter shape' that all of these heads include in their folders. There are very very few Bento heads out there that can be put on over your original system shape and still look good. All of them will have the same slightly odd look to them (what you're calling 'viper') if you do that. This is why they include that starter shape: it sets the ideal slider parameters for you to then begin working with to mould the head (and body) into something you like.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Shape and skin definitely make a huge difference for one's appearance.

Personally, I find LeLutka's Nova very suitable for a fresh and young face, though I also had the impression that the lips were more dominant than the older, non-Evolution heads. 

While BOM skins might be interchangable between brands (do demo and closely inspect critical points like the eye shading, lips, nose and general seam areas... bascially everything), shapes do need to get adjusted - not just for each brand, but for each different head.

The skin is very important. I suggest you pick up skin demos to try with the head demos you got, and as Skell said, use the starter shape. My default head look deformed under my mesh head. It is because I exaggerated the sliders to get the look I wanted. Animations that LeLutka has is the most natural, I think. But I am biased since I favor LeLutka. I think the face expressions also gives the head a softer look.

When that is said, Catwa is a good head too. But please, do not demo only Catya because "all" have it. It is so many other Catwa heads and you can make yourself look not just cute, but a bit different since the majority buys Catya. A head like Steffi is not so common. https://www.flickr.com/photos/53013200@N04/40069114560/in/dateposted/

For every head, the default shape is the start, then use the shape sliders to open the eyes, make them wider and larger. The eyebrow shape is often set low, or the brows are drawn low on the skin itself. Pick the shortest eyelashes for the most natural look, not the ones who curl up and out like the longest false lashes.

Large lips are often easy to make smaller and thinner. Work with the sliders in small steps. Lips without dark colors and hard lines makes the lips look natural.

Even as totally new to editing, the eye size and opening, and the lip fullness are easy to work with. And many skin sellers include the shape and the eyebrow shape with the skin, so you have a place to start.

Try Pink Fuel for the most cute, youthful look. She has appliers for the most heads. https://www.flickr.com/photos/mochimilena/36775196914/in/dateposted/

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Since it's free inworld you could try the Dream head there are a few skins free also for Stay at home club https://www.thestayathomeclubsl.com/appearance depending on the skin/shape you use you don't have to look as harsh as the model

Dream Gift | Ciara BENTO Mesh Head BOM #stayathome

A very good suggestion. And since I already talked up Pink Fuel, she sells her system skins very cheap. I notice that the head says "BoM support". One of my alts is using a different BoM head with a Pink Fuel skin. The fatpack cost only 150 L.

It is well worth picking up this freebie and go looking for demo skins.

And the Stay at Home club has some free skins too. Especially the BoM skin from WoW look cute to me. https://www.thestayathomeclubsl.com/appearance

7 hours ago, anianita67 said:

Hi everybody,

how do you get a cute looking woman head and not a viper mean look that they offer. I guess you play with head base, head shape lips and other components. I want to choose a head base for cute natural look with no redone lip effect ?  I tried Lelutka, Catwa,Akeruka head base and they all look 'viper' , or maybe the base that i use is not that important? Any suggestions? Which head base, shapes, ect.. would be best to achieve a natural cute looking young woman?

The <UTILIZATOR> "Normie" head is aggressively cute and it's comparatively inexpensive.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, anianita67 said:

Have no idea how would I made this Dream free head into a cute slightly round shape face. 

You have a problem there. Because the chin is very defined in the Dream head. I would call it a chiseled jawline. That is more difficult than making the eye opening bigger or the lips thinner. The settings for jowls could help, and also make the head forehead heavy. This could reduce the chin.

I don't think you can get rid of that strong chin totally. But it is a freebie, so you can try to make it work as a head to learn on, and see if you will like it after tweaking. Or you can go and demo more heads, and buy one. The tip about <UTILIZATOR> "Normie" head that you got over here, is one of the cheapest heads you get.

It was a great free head a short time ago, but the store is closed due to a dispute. We can hope it will be solved so the store can open again. If you are low on money, you can use the Dream head until you find something you like better.

This video show the Genus head that is not available now. You can see how it looks and hope it will return. But the video also has a lot of other freebies that you can get now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaAKjx0DkYg

Edited by Marianne Little
changed a few words to clarify

1 hour ago, Paladin Tyran said:

LAQ heads, the cutest of all..

Snapshot_001.png

'Cept for Madison.  She has a "mean viper look".  (Just kidding).   LAQ does have some "cute" ones, imo, though.  

To the OP:  Utilizer is for a cartoon look not a natural young women but you could look.  

I tried Catwa's Daria, but it wasn't for me.  I bought Catya.  My Catya doesn't look mean viper, I hope.

Daria link here:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/CATWA-HEAD-Daria/17027649

Edit:  When I started with my first mesh head which I wasn't so crazy about...I choose Deetalez skins because you can have a nice no lipstick look lips with Deetalez...it looks like you have a light gloss.  As a matter of fact, I wore no make-up for my first mesh head using Deetalez skins.  Look at Deetalez skins...way cute and natural.  I don't like too much make-up either...now I wear a little lipstick with Catya but I still want a no make-up look also or more natural make-up, nothing over-done.  Your eyebrows may need work because I find with most skins...it's too much eyebrow or too dark and then the blonde I can't even hardly see.  

And, you need to shape your head as well which perhaps you do not know how to do yet?  Let us know if you know how to shape an avatar.  But, getting a free head as suggested in this thread is not a bad idea because it gives you free "practice" before spending a lot of lindens.  

(Below is a picture of a Deetalez Skin on Catwa Catya head.)

aaaa.jpg

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 3

Get a Genus Head, they are on vacations for around another week or two if you can hold off..Catwa seems to have alot of heads but has always been out of my price range. I would not personally recommend LAQ. Anime go with <UTILIZATOR>...Heads are one thing be sure to check what skins are aviliable before hand..50% of a good head is from a good skin.

10 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

All of those brands are very different from each other in how they look, so to answer your question of:

- the answer is YES, the base is very important. And that 'base' needs to be the included 'starter shape' that all of these heads include in their folders. There are very very few Bento heads out there that can be put on over your original system shape and still look good. All of them will have the same slightly odd look to them (what you're calling 'viper') if you do that. This is why they include that starter shape: it sets the ideal slider parameters for you to then begin working with to mould the head (and body) into something you like.

Oh...lol...Skell, just might be right.  Don't try on the heads with your Classic shape on (the shape your starter avatar came with).  Each head demo will come with a starter shape.  You right click on the shape and choose wear to change from shape to shape.  Shapes do not detach...you just wear each new shape to change back and forth.  

Also, in your OP...you missed skin.  Skins can give one head all sorts of different looks.  You need to demo skins as well.   My fav skin for natural no make-up look is Deetalez.  

This is why I've said LL should have classes for starting your avatar when we are newbies.  

Edited by FairreLilette

An option would be starting the search with the skins.

You can go to Flickr, look for some skin creators and check their photo gallery - in my opinion it's easier to see through social medias instead of walking through the store and also it's a good way for you to have a quick idea of the style of the store. Of course you can also go to the in world stores or MP. The idea is to find a look you like.

Once you find the look, read the description of the photo to check the head used on the vendor. Go to the respective stores (skin and head) and get their demos. Wear the head, the skin and the shape provided with the skin, that way you'll probably achieve a similar result to the vendor.

And then you can play a little with the sliders to give your final touch. A tip: focus on the head appearance, if you don't like the shape of the body, you can change it later.

Tonic has some young looking heads and the skins that come with them are really nice too. I generally go with LAQ for a youthful look. LOGO heads are very well proportioned, no overdone features or implant style lips. Just make sure whatever you go for has Bakes on Mesh compatibility and then you aren't limited in your choice of skins so much, and learn how to mess around with the shape sliders to make something you are happy with it. Sometimes just small changes to a few of the sliders will make your head look much prettier.

Lots of suggestions, and of course everyone has a different definition of each of the criteria (cute, whatever). I'll just throw in my thoughts, FWLIW:

I tried a lot of heads, and to me the most natural/realistic are the Genus heads. I guess you can't get those right now, though?

I wear a LAQ head, and like the look I can get with several of those. My alt has a LOGO head, and some of those seem pretty natural to me.

I am not sure what you mean by the 'viper' look, but the lips are so pulled up on the Catwa heads I have never been able to get one to look like I want, and I have tried pretty much all of them, some multiple times. Lelutka heads have never appealed to me enough to try more than a couple, but again, always too extreme for me.

This is a nice thread, either way, as I see some suggestions for heads with which I am unfamiliar, so will be interesting to take a look at those.

Oh, and to expand on what someone else said, you have to use the slider settings from the shape that comes with the head for it to look like the product picture. If you use that shape, though, it will almost certainly make you unhappy with your body. I am sure there is a better way, but here is what stupid little me does:

Write down all the slider settings in your current shape; I have mine in a spreadsheet so I can compare shapes across columns.

Wear the shape that comes with the head. Be sure to wear the alpha, too, or you will have stuff sticking through that you don't want.

Wear the new head (btw, ALWAYS get a DEMO first! you can use the same shape from the DEMO if you wind up buying and using the head).

Make adjustments to the shape sliders for the head stuff. Write down these settings.

At this point you can either adjust all the body sliders to match you old shape, or, wear your old shape again and adjust the head sliders to match those you came up with for the new head. I do the latter because there are a lot fewer sliders for the head, and lot of them aren't even used for mesh heads. BE SURE TO DO SAVE AS when you save the new settings for your old shape!!!! That way you can use the original copy and be back where you were if you don't get the head you have been working with.

Hope this helps! :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1461 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.