Legacy adverts everywhere...

Anna Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1481 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is the Legacy body SOOOO good that every head and clothes shop needs to have an advert?

I sort of the remember the makers of Legacy having a real bad name only a few years ago.  But I could be mistaken.

If it is so good, should I ditch my beloved Maitreya Lara?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, anna2358 said:

Is the Legacy body SOOOO good that every head and clothes shop needs to have an advert?

I sort of the remember the makers of Legacy having a real bad name only a few years ago.  But I could be mistaken.

My theory is that clothing makers are going, "Wait a minute - these people are willing to pay almost twice the going average for a body. Kaching!"

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, anna2358 said:

should I ditch my beloved Maitreya Lara?

Oh hell no.  Unless you are using an off brand body (which you are not) there is no need to go jumping into a new body.

I have Maitreya Lara.  I have alts with Belleza Venus and Freya, Tonic Fine Beauty and Slink Hourglass.  I have demoed Legacy a few times but it is not for me even if it were free.  Just not what I want.

That said, I have a male alt with Slink, Jake and Gianni bodies that recently switched to Legacy(m) and I am happy with the results.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, anna2358 said:

That bad rep was well deserved and if you go to their shop you can see that very little has changed.

Get on the cash cow if you want, but don't throw all your eggs into that basket.

Much as I detest Maitreya...

I would say stick to Maitreya, Belleza, and/or Slink if you want stability.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2

Well, there is that hearsay rumour that there might be a paid campaign behind those "try the best body!" posters in numerous stores...

But anyway.
I was indeed surprised that LeLutka advertised those bodies in their Skin Fair booth - with L$1 demoes, how gracious. Considering that LeLutka and Maitreya and Glam Affair were quite a trio for a good while, it was even more surprising.

Should you switch? Up to you. Try your luck with a demo and see if you like it.

I did grant another m-alt the honor of testing the male body. It did look ok, alright, but not convincing enough to shell out L$5k for it. After surviving the next big surprise of Signature now asking L$ 4000 per body, said m-alt ended up with Belleza's Jake.

• Like 2

Yeah, I was also pretty surprised to see Legacy in LeLutka's booth at Skin Fair. Does the default skin come from GA, as for Maitreya? 

Anyway, after demoing both Legacy bodies, I think it is not for me. Default shapes are weird, after some modification they are ok but when wearing the same dress on Maitreya and on Legacy I don't see any difference, so definitely wouldn't spend 5k. Maybe 2-2,5k but not 5. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Try your luck with a demo and see if you like it.

I have absolutely no intention of shelling out that much for Legacy (and I'm annoyed with them because they do seem to have demonstrated than mesh body creators can up their prices significantly, and people will still buy), but I am tempted to demo just to see what the fuss is about.

I did get the opportunity to see someone nude in Legacy a short while ago, and it looked nice, from a bit of a distance (I thought it impolite to zoom in and cam all over her body). But can it possibly be good enough to justify the extra expense, hassle, and, frankly, risk?

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1

At this point the "risk" is that Legacy is going to cut Belleza's grass so much that support will wane for one of the best, most uniquely shaped bodies on the grid. Legacy has now put out a perky body, and before long they will most likely put out an even curvier body as well. The way things are shifting, the partnering with massive clothing brands, BOM taking over the grid like wildfire, I wonder if Belleza realizes how tenuous their spot as the second most popular body really is. Based on the response I received after saying as much (and wondering when the BOM update will come) they either don't know, don't care, or my impressions are totally wrong. Hope it's the latter. 

To clarify, I do own every "major" body on the market. All have their plusses and minuses. Right now I prefer Legacy but I really really don't want to see Belleza dropped by more creators. 

Edited by missyrideout
  • Like 4

For all this hubbub, I've only seen a handful of people actually wearing it. If you go by creator support, you'd think everyone has this body and the number of users are ridiculously high. In reality, I haven't really encountered many people with it. This is a good example of hype and perception. Eventually, more and more people will get it just because they believe everybody else has it.

It's a nice looking body, but ugh...the business practices of these people. I don't know if this says something about the creators or the people caving in to peer pressure.

• Like 6

FaMESHed opening day, right now, I counted 20-25 Laras, 10 Legacies, and 2 Freyas. With admittedly nothing to back it up, I feel like the people who buy the most are seen the least out on the grid. They're at home unpacking and trying on clothes. 

Edited by missyrideout

Sorry, I think the name is very poor marking.. it confuses all those residents who have a 'Real Legacy' body while confusing those who are just looking for a 'Real Legacy' skin for BoM.

the seller only cares about themselves, while deliberately trying to confuse new resident who are told they are wearing the system body who for years creators marketed as 'Legacy Body'

I encourage everyone to stick to more creative creators.

23 hours ago, janetosilio said:

For all this hubbub, I've only seen a handful of people actually wearing it. If you go by creator support, you'd think everyone has this body and the number of users are ridiculously high. In reality, I haven't really encountered many people with it. This is a good example of hype and perception. Eventually, more and more people will get it just because they believe everybody else has it.

It's a nice looking body, but ugh...the business practices of these people. I don't know if this says something about the creators or the people caving in to peer pressure.

I personally don't pay attention to what body someone is wearing.  

Yes,  I did buy this body, however, I bought it because I liked it, I can change the size of the feet,  I was able to get skin appliers from the creator I got my skins from,  clothes were starting to come out for it and I was okay paying the price for it.  I certainly didn't buy it cause everyone else did.  Now I did demo it when I heard others talking about it does that count 🤣.

Well I just found ONE use for Legacy fitted clothes...

Apparently the newest update to Regalia mesh body adds a copy of this new super-low-lag body that is rigged to be able to wear things made for Legacy:

95e2cfa147ac4cabc719096fce5469c9.jpg

It's not 100%, but it's really close.

And this body is only $1500L and can wear clothes made for Freya, Legacy, Slink-HG, AND Maitreya... plus some others...

It's a lesson in "Ya'll can take all your laggy polygons and shove them somewhere unpolite" because this thing has 1/10th the polygons of most other bodies... and yet animates better.

And another collective rude gesture at human body makers... this body is Copy/Mod:

7bc1be216405051d08c6a1fc04246afc.jpg

So I won't be getting Legacy, but I just might be looking for legacy outfits. 😛

Especially once I get this body for Pussycat also, and not just this dusted off alt.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

On 4/1/2020 at 10:18 PM, missyrideout said:

FaMESHed opening day, right now, I counted 20-25 Laras, 10 Legacies, and 2 Freyas. With admittedly nothing to back it up, I feel like the people who buy the most are seen the least out on the grid. They're at home unpacking and trying on clothes. 

Sounds like I just won't shop at FaMeshed then! lol....meanwhile I can go to an event like Level and be completely supported wearing a Freya AND find clothes for Isis.

Guess its a good thing I know where and how to shop, huh?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, janetosilio said:

meanwhile I can go to an event like Level and be completely supported wearing a Freya AND find clothes for Isis.

My count was of bodies being WORN, in response to the idea that nobody is wearing the Legacy body. Not items for sale. But Isis HAS been one of the big casualties of the Legacy bod so far. She was already waning a year ago and since then, the number of creators who have dropped Isis while picking up Legacy is not insignificant. Isis happened to be my favourite body for a very long time. I know how to shop. My observations, while anecdotal, are based on regular attendance, demoing and buying at most major shopping events for the last year or so.

Right now of the main bodies, Belleza is the one with virtually zero profile and presence in world. I WISH it weren't so. Slink--active community, creator with a vision for BOM and an ACTIVE presence in world, regularly chatting with interested users. Maitreya, massive presence, active group etc. Legacy, proliferating across the grid like wildfire, adverts, a new body,. Where is Belleza? They put out a BOM hud. Yes, that gives functionality but in a symbolic sense the ongoing lack of updates gives me the impression that Belleza is being left behind. If six months from now Belleza updates and Legacy has already debuted a third, curvier body, what will be left for of Belleza--5%? TO BE CLEAR I am saying this out of LOVE for the Belleza product line. And again, I hope I am wrong.  

Edited by missyrideout
  • Haha 1

I checked out the avatars at Blueberry.  Interesting.

• Maitreya 5.1 - 3
  • Maitreya 5.0 - 11
  • Maitreya 4.1 - 18
  • Belleza Isis - 1
  • Belleza Freya - 2
  • Belleza Venus - 0
  • Legacy - 1
  • Legacy Perky - 0
  • Slink P - 0
  • Slink HG - 0
  • unknown/none/all others - 1

I included the bodies Blueberry supports in her new releases and group gifts. I picked this store for it's traffic (main and 2 cam sims) and known support of multiple bodies.

I was surprised at how few Maitreya users have the most recent version.

Anyway ... just raw data gathered at one point in time at one store.  Make your own conclusions.  I may see about doing more at different times and different stores and events. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I was surprised at how few Maitreya users have the most recent version.

I have the most recent version........... only in inventory though.  I've just not been feeling up to the energy needed to learn the changes.

I run a furry like 99% of the time and i have a Texas sized crap load of avis and I finally got them all updated to 5.0.. some to 5.1.

For me, it depends, i think i use my Mait most of the time but I also run the Legacy and the Perky from time to time. It always seems to depend on which way the wind is blowing 😄

On 4/3/2020 at 7:09 PM, Pussycat Catnap said:

Well I just found ONE use for Legacy fitted clothes...

Apparently the newest update to Regalia mesh body adds a copy of this new super-low-lag body that is rigged to be able to wear things made for Legacy:

95e2cfa147ac4cabc719096fce5469c9.jpg

Does this body come with human feet? I also can't find the store. LM?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, xSkadi said:

Does this body come with human feet? I also can't find the store. LM?

No. It's a furry body only. If there is a mod kit for human feet, I've not found it.

This is what furry users get - better products.

Their stuff is almost always copy/mod, and includes things like UV maps, download PSD files, and sometimes even the rigging files for clothing makers without having to apply.

At the same time it often animates equally well or better (less 'stretching of extra parts when physics moves, etc)...

And it is nearly always massively lower on lag. In another thread I noted that this body has 10x fewer polygons than a body who's clothes it can use...

My guess is part of this is tradition (the first modable body kits in SL back in 2003 were from the furry community), and part of it is because furry users are often gamers - so they think about performance and optimization because most of them have been the geeks testing new games and writing devs about stuff being low FPS on that last boss fight and getting techno-garbled excuses back - since they were 11... 🙂

I wish more people had a furry 'optional look' because if even 20% of SL users were part-time furry users human body makers would NOT be able to get away with the crap they get away with...

- Folks wouldn't put up with that no-mod high polygon script-bloated nonsense.

If someone reading this post is a human body maker... PLEASE reach out to the maker of one of these furry bodies for some help in optimization... it will be worth it for everyone...

I noted it here for 2 reasons:

1. I'm in the mood these days where I'm calling out how bad ALL of the human bodies are - even the one I love and use myself.
  2. I wanted to note that, well, even if your customers aren't using Legacy itself, a few might still want legacy clothing. That said the Regalia body ALSO fits Freya, Maitreya, and HG-Slink as WELL as Legacy... (For 1500L you actually get almost a dozen bodies, because it also includes a pile of male bodies).
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1481 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.