Legacy adverts everywhere...

Anna Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

No. It's a furry body only.

This is what furry users get - better products.

Their stuff is almost always copy/mod, and includes things like UV maps, download PSD files, and sometimes even the rigging files for clothing makers without having to apply.

At the same time it often animates equally well or better (less 'stretching of extra parts when physics moves, etc)...

And it is nearly always massively lower on lag.

My guess is part of this is tradition (the first modable body kits in SL back in 2003 were from the furry community), and part of it is because furry users are often gamers - so they think about performance and optimization because most of them have been the geeks testing new games and writing devs about stuff being low FPS on that last boss fight and getting techno-garbled excuses back - since they were 11... 🙂

If there is a mod kit for human feet, I've not found it.

I noted it here for 2 reasons:

1. I'm in the mood these days where I'm calling out how bad ALL of the human bodies are - even the one I love and use myself.
  2. I wanted to note that, well, even if your customers aren't using Legacy itself, a few might still want legacy clothing. That said the Regalia body ALSO fits Freya, Maitreya, and HG-Slink as WELL as Legacy... (For 1500L you actually get almost a dozen bodies, because it also includes a pile of male bodies).

Yes I know they're mod friendly and care more about the tech side. I sometimes wear avatars like the chibi noodle dragon. But human/animal hybrids aren't for me, so I never looked into them. Well, it's bummer with the feet, but I wear boots most of the time so I would like to give that body a try. Can you provide me with an LM or Marketplace link?

1 minute ago, xSkadi said:

Yes I know they're mod friendly and care more about the tech side. I sometimes wear avatars like the chibi noodle dragon. But human/animal hybrids aren't for me, so I never looked into them. Well, it's bummer with the feet, but I wear boots most of the time so I would like to give that body a try. Can you provide me with an LM or Marketplace link?

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Sugarcult-Project-Regalia/18217485

It does NOT use the same UV-map as human bodies do, you need skins for it, it does include a PSD link to make them - but I've only seen one human skin out for it so far and that one is of a '2003 era quality level'...

- still the demo might interest you anyway just for 'intellectual curiosity.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Sugarcult-Project-Regalia/18217485

It does NOT use the same UV-map as human bodies do, you need skins for it, it does include a PSD link to make them - but I've only seen one human skin out for it so far and that one is of a '2003 era quality level'...

- still the demo might interest you anyway just for 'intellectual curiosity.

Thank you. Aww man... I was hoping to use BOM skins.

Edited by xSkadi

On 4/2/2020 at 1:40 PM, Shansi Kenin said:

Sorry, I think the name is very poor marking.. it confuses all those residents who have a 'Real Legacy' body while confusing those who are just looking for a 'Real Legacy' skin for BoM.

the seller only cares about themselves, while deliberately trying to confuse new resident who are told they are wearing the system body who for years creators marketed as 'Legacy Body'

I encourage everyone to stick to more creative creators.

AGREED.  This is marketing foul-play.

On 4/3/2020 at 12:09 PM, Pussycat Catnap said:

Well I just found ONE use for Legacy fitted clothes...

Apparently the newest update to Regalia mesh body adds a copy of this new super-low-lag body that is rigged to be able to wear things made for Legacy:

95e2cfa147ac4cabc719096fce5469c9.jpg

It's not 100%, but it's really close.

And this body is only $1500L and can wear clothes made for Freya, Legacy, Slink-HG, AND Maitreya... plus some others...

It's a lesson in "Ya'll can take all your laggy polygons and shove them somewhere unpolite" because this thing has 1/10th the polygons of most other bodies... and yet animates better.

And another collective rude gesture at human body makers... this body is Copy/Mod:

7bc1be216405051d08c6a1fc04246afc.jpg

So I won't be getting Legacy, but I just might be looking for legacy outfits. 😛

Especially once I get this body for Pussycat also, and not just this dusted off alt.

Bouncing Buxom Bunny Babe for the win!  Thanks for the very useful information.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2020 at 7:24 AM, anna2358 said:

Is the Legacy body SOOOO good that every head and clothes shop needs to have an advert?

I sort of the remember the makers of Legacy having a real bad name only a few years ago.  But I could be mistaken.

If it is so good, should I ditch my beloved Maitreya Lara?

I gave up on all the human mesh stuff for now.  When I started to transition to human mesh from the classic human avatar, I bought two heads that were a disaster.  I bought a Genesis head first thinking (assuming) that Genesis heads would have skins made by lots of other creators but they don't.  The Genesis skins have a bright face, a darker body and an even darker neck.  Though if Genesis could redo their skins to have appropriate shading, I think they could have a good product.  

Next, I bought CATWA Strawberry head assuming it was a full modify item like the Maitreya Lara body I had already begun to work with.  The mesh heads are more or less partial modify.  It is difficult to get a variety of looks from Catwa Strawberry due to the jawline where the teeth sit and other issues.

So, when I go to mesh heads again (maybe some time this year) I will be buying CATWA Catya and Genus Classic heads as both of these heads seem to offer a wide variety of shaping.  

What I did NOT like about Lara is it has odd shoulders and everything else is pretty good as far as I am concerned.  The shoulders on Maitreya Lara are cut too high and in sleeveless clothes can look a bit odd.  However, when I demoed Legacy, it has the same shoulder problem as Lara - shoulders are cut too high.

The only differences are - 1) Personal preference   2)  Price   3)  Triangle count.  Maitreya Lara body with hands and feet is about 150K triangles; Legacy mesh body is about 750K triangles so go shopping in the Legacy body DEMO to make sure it doesn't lag your computer out.  And remember, at 750K triangles for a body, people may just jelly doll you out and you won't be seen.  Something to consider.  But, I'd wear the Legacy demo around the grid to see how your computer performs.  

Edited by FairreLilette

16 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Legacy mesh body is about 750K triangles

Lolwut?

750k?

Even more than Belleza...

Wow...

And remember - you do NOT need all those polygons / triangles to get those smooth curves... I've just pointed to a body that does it for around 34,000 polygons...

Human body makers aren't getting better, they're getting worse...

/sigh...

I see clubs and venues with signs saying "no furries"... some people used to try to argue back in the sculpty days that it was to save on lag... these days, they need to flip that and say "no humans"...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

I gave up on all the human mesh stuff for now.  When I started to transition to human mesh from the classic human avatar, I bought two heads that were a disaster.  I bought a Genesis head first thinking (assuming) that Genesis heads would have skins made by lots of other creators but they don't.  The Genesis skins have a bright face, a darker body and an even darker neck.  Though if Genesis could redo their skins to have appropriate shading, I think they could have a good product.  

Next, I bought CATWA Strawberry head assuming it was a full modify item like the Maitreya Lara body I had already begun to work with.  The mesh heads are more or less partial modify.  It is difficult to get a variety of looks from Catwa Strawberry due to the jawline where the teeth sit and other issues.

So, when I go to mesh heads again (maybe some time this year) I will be buying CATWA Catya and Genus Classic heads as both of these heads seem to offer a wide variety of shaping.  

What I did NOT like about Lara is it has odd shoulders and everything else is pretty good as far as I am concerned.  The shoulders on Maitreya Lara are cut too high and in sleeveless clothes can look a bit odd.  However, when I demoed Legacy, it has the same shoulder problem as Lara - shoulders are cut too high.

The only differences are - 1) Personal preference   2)  Price   3)  Triangle count.  Maitreya Lara body with hands and feet is about 150K triangles; Legacy mesh body is about 750K triangles so go shopping in the Legacy body DEMO to make sure it doesn't lag your computer out.  And remember, at 750K triangles for a body, people may just jelly doll you out and you won't be seen.  Something to consider.  But, I'd wear the Legacy demo around the grid to see how your computer performs.  

Yeah it's so frustrating. I wish Linden Lab would finally update the true legacy body and do something against items that are almost solid in wireframe.

The best I can do as a human avatar is 300-500k in total.

Edited by xSkadi
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.