Do People Not Read The Bellisseria Covenent???

Elora Lunasea

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 minutes ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

It's SL people, some take things way overboard. I think the plane house is funny. Don't get your hair in a twist over it, these things never last, even on mainland where this would be considered "art" lol.  

So you don't believe in obeying Covenants?

• Like 4

The lewd sign above the bedroom window is what tips it into obnoxious for me. I'm not a prude, far from it. I DO on the other hand keep my depraved sex furniture and artwork within the walls of my home. I'm sure nobody on that block needs to be aware of the "spitroasting zone" 

Edited by missyrideout
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, Garnet Psaltery said:

So you don't believe in obeying Covenants?

It's in the eyes of the beholder. To some your fugly above ground swimming pools are just as offensive as that plane. I have noticed for a while now a big massive Bellisseria clique trying to dictate everything about everyone.  People need to get their noses out of other peoples business and if something is too far off the covenant it will be eventually rectified. What's next? Your apple trees drop rotten fruit and I can smell it from next door lol. get a life people and play SL for the fun and imagination for what it was intended for. You all act like it's a personal vendetta if the decor does not match your taste in butterfly pillows and frilly, pink garden gnomes. And before it begins, save your troll comments for someone who actually trolls and not someone with alternative opinions. Got it? Great, now go play dress up with your pixel dolls.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

It's in the eyes of the beholder. To some your fugly above ground swimming pools are just as offensive as that plane. I have noticed for a while now a big massive Bellisseria clique trying to dictate everything about everyone.  People need to get their noses out of other peoples business and if something is too far off the covenant it will be eventually rectified. What's next? Your apple trees drop rotten fruit and I can smell it from next door lol. get a life people and play SL for the fun and imagination for what it was intended for. You all act like it's a personal vendetta if the decor does not match your taste in butterfly pillows and frilly, pink garden gnomes. And before it begins, save your troll comments for someone who actually trolls and not someone with alternative opinions. Got it? Great, now go play dress up with your pixel dolls.

This isn't worth unpacking.

• Like 10

Yeah, I mean it's not ideal...but I'm gonna go ahead and note that, personally, I'd rather see some nicely done mesh that's out of theme than some 1980's worthy prim/sculpty decor (which I see everywhere, names shall not be named lol).  But, in the end the moles will decide.  I'm curious to see what the result is.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, animats said:

As a brief bit of roleplay it might be OK

This is how I feel about it.  I got a parcel in this region and saw that build, and didn't have a problem with it.  It's well done for what it is, but I would understand if folks didn't want to be its neighbor and AR'd it too.  When you do a postapocalyptic build like that in a LH region, you would have to accept the risk that it would get AR'd.  Obviously, destroyed homes are outside of covenant, but as RP zones that hopefully move on after a while, the occasional dark RP build is OK with me.

I forget whose camper parcel it was that was set up with chain link fencing and a bunch of banged up cars etc., but for me, this is in the same genre.  And everyone seemed to love that build.

I didn't notice the 'spitroasting' sign, tho.  The outside of the house is a bad choice for explicit references to sexual violence.

4 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

P.S.: There's a dead body in the living room.

I'm saving this phrase, what a wonderful throwaway!  Next time some realtor wastes my Sunday by taking me to a bunch of horrible properties, THEN takes me to a great property which is ONLY $80,000 above my stated limit,  I'm using this line.  "You're wasting my time, this property is too expensive, and p.s., there's a dead body in the living room"  (Gets out of car and slams the door)

2 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Ok Becky...

WTF, Pussycat?  I assume you're not meaning to compliment Chuckey on her nice hair. 

Let's remember that unless someone shares their racial/cultural identity, none of us know f**k-all about each other's race.  Personally, I love that about SL - the level playing field, allowing folks who might feel oppressed by their RL identity - be they a minority race in their country, a member of a persecuted religion, a woman adrift in a misogynistic society, a foster child who feels different from kids with intact families, whatever -- to for once meet people and interact on a totally level playing field, where you can be sure that any accolades or slights you get are not due to identity.

Throwing around racial epithets is not only simply rude, but also runs the risk of being very embarrassing, should a "Becky" turn out to have a black typist.   Last time I checked, an affinity for neat homes and pretty builds was not evidence of white privilege; indeed, I don't think they are racially linked preferences in the least.  Talk to LL if you don't like the covenant.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

save your troll comments for someone who actually trolls and not someone with alternative opinions. Got it? Great, now go play dress up with your pixel dolls.

i would say, .. mirror mirror..
There's nothing against mentioning the people who stretch the interpretation of the covenant, or posters who think others do, and discuss it.
For the one Art, for others crap and annoying.

1 hour ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Says the woman whose house looks like this.

I don't see anything covenant-infringing about that.

49 minutes ago, Faye Blackheart said:

personally, I'd rather see some nicely done mesh that's out of theme than some 1980's worthy prim/sculpty decor (which I see everywhere, names shall not be named lol).

People have all different reasons for choosing decor.  I sometimes choose older pieces because they have sentimental value, I may use a sculpty when LI allocs don't permit mesh ground cover, I see absolutely nothng in the covenant mandating use of mesh. 

Can we please stop tearing our fellow forumites down?

God I've come to hate these build-shaming threads.  Used to think they were fun, but ...

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 15

I'm going to say one last thing before I leave this thread for good.

There is absolutely no, and I repeat, NO reason to throw around racist sh*t like Madame Catnap did. Nobody insulted her personally - she just did it without any reason. 

Funny thing is; She is the one who screams "that's racist..!" at any given time, but throws that exact bullsh*t into other people's faces just because she can..?! 🤔

I hope everyone is having a nice day. 💜

• Like 16

2 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I forget whose camper parcel it was that was set up with chain link fencing and a bunch of banged up cars etc., but for me, this is in the same genre.  And everyone seemed to love that build.

I was thinking about that also. I'm glad I'm not on the governance team trying to make these decisions. For me there's a big difference between appreciating someone's building skill and how I feel about living next door to an art installation.

My head ding dongs about reading these threads, seeing things from others points of view, whether that's the artist needing to respond to our virtual suburbia, the frustrated neighbour or the anger of someone who feels like their life experience is in danger of being air-brushed out of Belli, in pursuit of the niceness of outlook that so many of us (including me) crave.

Maybe it would be good to have a counter-culture art festival, instead of displaying linden homes dressed up to the nines (i wish i could reach nine, I'm more in the fives) we could have linden models given over completely to artists. I know there was at least one house at the Home and Garden that did this, but what if they all were?. It might be a risk, and limits could be set but there is a legitimate case for an artist response to this amazing phenomenon, a huge, thriving, virtual housing estate located in cyber space.  This isn't something i could possibly have imagined pre-internet, pre second-life, or even pre Belli.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, anna2358 said:

323839261_Screenshotfrom2020-03-0412-32-16.thumb.png.331f3279e8c1356be14d4fdf826bc0e3.png

I like those neon letters! I’ll try to get in to check but in case I don’t make it today, could someone list the creator, pretty please? And don’t worry, I don’t want them for my Bellissaria home believe me, I know better. I don't mind playing nice for my neighbors in Suburbia.

I’m wondering if this plot is a protest piece though? And if so, I’d like to hear the story...did anyone ask?

• Like 2

• Moles
10 hours ago, Kylie Jaxxon said:

LOL!!  You are right...nicely done :P  I feel for you though, and hope it's taken care of in a hurry.  To answer your question, I have found that most people do not read or if they do, they feel it applies to everyone else, but surely not them!!!!!

Next thing you'll be telling me that people don't read product notecards and operating manuals!

• Like 2
  • Haha 14

9 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Hey Becky; What's the violation?

The only possible thing I see is was a floor added making it over 15m?

Pussycat, darling. I've enjoyed your perspective on many threads here. We've never crossed paths before so I'm a bit mystified why you'd make this comment to me. I get the "Becky". 

The house I AR'd has nothing to do with whether or not it's a black/white thing. It solely has to do with Bellisseria - not the real world. Your comment makes many assumptions of me of which you obviously know nothing about such as I know nothing of inner city living for instance. You'd be wrong on that account but I'm not here to defend myself of your presumptions. That's on you to come to terms with.

The house is completely out of character with daily living in Belli. Were it Halloween I'd think it pretty cool. 

And FYI for the record, your own home above? I would not AR that. The images on the house exterior are an extension of your personality and are not offensive to me personally. And I love your houseboat and the one you did for RFL. But a house with a bonfire and smoke, signs with foul graphic language outside, ugly fencing, dead people inside, and smashed plane bits strewn about? I can't just derender all of that. Yea. That's too much for me. 

• Like 8

6 hours ago, missyrideout said:

The lewd sign above the bedroom window is what tips it into obnoxious for me. I'm not a prude, far from it. I DO on the other hand keep my depraved sex furniture and artwork within the walls of my home. I'm sure nobody on that block needs to be aware of the "spitroasting zone" 

That and the sign at the front too, with the word "F--K" on it.

Truly, at first I was like "that's an ugly fence they put up". And was going to let that go. Then was like "what's with all that smoke and fire that's lighting up the entire side of my yard?" so I walked over and then really got a good look and saw all the rest of it. Called Ghosty over who usually is pretty tolerant of stuff, and he too was like "OK, yea AR that". 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I think it's a matter of location. For me, at least, the campers lend themselves to more of a carefree "theme", and yes, I did very much enjoy the junk yard look that parcel had. However, I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much if it had popped up on a street of lovely old Victorian houses (for example). 

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.