Do People Not Read The Bellisseria Covenent???

Elora Lunasea

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1528 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok this is just ridiculously egregious.

First, to be fair it is done really well. And if it was elsewhere, I'd be impressed but this does not belong in Bellisseria, at all.

I had not been to my Thunderhead house in a few days. It'a really nice secluded woodsy lot which is one of my favorites. I rez in and I'm like WT actual F!

My neighbor has their home set up like an airplane crashed into it, burning bonfire, police scene, dogs running around digging in the dirt, smoke everywhere, burnt out cars on and on and on. It's an awful death scene steps from my serene sanctuary. Ugh.

So of course, I AR'd the darn thing. 

A+ for creativity. F for being a PITA bad neighbor who ignores the covenant. That's what Mainland is for.

bad neighbor_001.jpg

• Haha 7
  • Sad 5

LOL!!  You are right...nicely done :P  I feel for you though, and hope it's taken care of in a hurry.  To answer your question, I have found that most people do not read or if they do, they feel it applies to everyone else, but surely not them!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Elora Lunasea said:

First, to be fair it is done really well. And if it was elsewhere, I'd be impressed but this does not belong in Bellisseria, at all.

I had not been to my Thunderhead house in a few days. It'a really nice secluded woodsy lot which is one of my favorites. I rez in and I'm like WT actual F!

bad neighbor_001.jpg

Hey Becky; What's the violation?

The only possible thing I see is was a floor added making it over 15m?

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

What's the violation?

"Linden Homes should be kept presentable and in-theme."

This is not presentable, nor "in theme". Not one single bit. It is an eyesore, obnoxious, and just plain fugly. I wouldn't want to live next to that either. If you want to decorate your home like this,  just move to mainland.
I hope it's been taking care of in a hurry!

Edited by Chuckey Jigsaw
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

The only possible thing I see is was a floor added making it over 15m?

In addition to what Chuckey said, there is also a provision that fences should match the theme. Also, "The exterior should always remain in theme out of consideration for your neighbors." 

Keeping in theme is referred to several times in the covenant, and is obviously important to LL. I can't imagine anyone can convincingly argue that post-apocalyptic mess is "in theme" with the Beillisseria design. 

P.S. Her name is Elora, but you knew that. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:
2 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

2 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:
23 minutes ago, Chuckey Jigsaw said:

"Linden Homes should be kept presentable and in-theme."

This is not presentable, nor "in theme".

Ok Becky...

Where is the "Becky" coming from?  Is there some inside joke I'm missing or is that some sort of slam, kind of like the "Ok Boomer" stuff?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:
9 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Can you not, please?  (For those who may not know, "Becky" is derogatory slang for a white woman.)

Becky's all up in things acting the part...

Well that answers my question.

It is not okay to display racism against a white person any more than it is okay to display racism again anyone of ANY COLOR.  

Much respect lost here.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 4

20 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Ok Becky...

I don't think the covenant is there to become your personal taste policing tool...

Honestly, I don't care what you may or may not think. This isn't about MY PERSONAL taste, but the covenant provided by Linden Lab. 

19 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Can you not, please?  (For those who may not know, "Becky" is derogatory slang for a white woman.)

But the screams are so loud when something is being said in here, which MIGHT offend the madame herself... LOL

Edited by Chuckey Jigsaw
  • Like 2

Well done, @Elora Lunasea, I hope LL fix it soon because the woody feeling of the area is great

More than 'people not reading', I would say 'people don't care' Sometimes I feel we live in a society in which it is all about ourselves, not caring about either others feelings

This is not about one's personal taste, but trying to create a nice community in which we all can live, keeping some boundaries, same applies to the whole planet in RL

Thank you for the clarification @Sylvia Tamalyn, didn't know that meaning, the word you've used to describe the plot is just the right one

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1528 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.