The KFC Vegan Burger

TheydonBois

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I guess it's time to quote from the Community Participation Guidelines again...

• Off Topic Content: Please keep your commentary relevant to the discussion and within the format that the forum, board or question and answer area require. (For example, in the Answers section, please follow the Q&A format of the discussion.) Content that is blatantly off topic is not permitted. You may also not post regarding subjects that do not relate to Second Life except in the General forum discussion board.

We actually had to rattle LL's cage a while back to have GD reinstated. It does us no good to question the permission we sought.

awwww I thought I'd get the whole run of quotes inside quotes!

10 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Just a quick FYI, its not a burger.. Its a vegan chicken patty.. With a bun and lettuce. Deep fried. Anyone really think they use a dedicated fryer? 

Image result for The KFC Vegan Burger

Also, is that vegan mayo? I mean, they just say the patty is vegan.. 

They probably put it into the one for non meats, I used to work at a Burger King and there’s a fryer for fish/chicken and one for just fries and onion rings. Specifically for the sake of vegetarians and vegans.

However I can say that if their impossible whopper isn’t microwaved, then it goes through the same broiler as all the beef, meaning it’s in contact with beef a LOT.

But I’m not certain, that was years ago, when their only vegan option was the terrible veggie burger that was microwaved 

Yeah... I get so annoyed at vegetarian dishes that include mayonnaise... Like... that's from an egg... and chickens don't grow on trees... so... get that outta my food.

'vegan chicken'? That sounds horrible...

like:

We know you hate the taste of dog-poo... so we made vegan dog-poo... now enjoy... It's not really dog-poo... it just looks, tastes, and smells like dog-poo...

Nope...

Not gonna do it...

scared-cat-810x540.jpg

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

24 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I do have a post saved, from one of the Lindens, that specifically says politics should not be discussed here.

There's a very good reason for that: political discussions here always end up getting... ummm... oveheated is prehaps the right word.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cheesecurd said:

They probably put it into the one for non meats, I used to work at a Burger King and there’s a fryer for fish/chicken and one for just fries and onion rings. Specifically for the sake of vegetarians and vegans.

However I can say that if their impossible whopper isn’t microwaved, then it goes through the same broiler as all the beef, meaning it’s in contact with beef a LOT.

But I’m not certain, that was years ago, when their only vegan option was the terrible veggie burger that was microwaved 

Burger King will microwave the Impossible Whopper on request but you have to request they do so.

23 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Just a quick FYI, its not a burger.. Its a vegan chicken patty.. With a bun and lettuce. Deep fried. Anyone really think they use a dedicated fryer? 

Image result for The KFC Vegan Burger

Also, is that vegan mayo? I mean, they just say the patty is vegan.. 

Yes, they've said the mayo is vegan, too.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, cheesecurd said:

Because onion ring batter is totally vegetarian/vegan.  B|

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

Do we even *wanna* know what is in that stuff??? Kinda like the Big Mac special sauce...

Onion ring batter is typically flour, milk, and oil - but it also almost always has an egg mixed in.  I think the egg is used to get the batter to stick to the onion, though there is likely a way to make it work without the egg.

ETA:  However, I doubt that most of the fast food places are using a vegan batter.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Onion ring batter is typically flour, milk, and oil - but it also almost always has an egg mixed in.  I think the egg is used to get the batter to stick to the onion, though there is likely a way to make it work without the egg.

Well, that’s not so bad. I am lacto-ovo anyhow, though really rethinking eggs lately. 

9 minutes ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

Do we even *wanna* know what is in that stuff??? Kinda like the Big Mac special sauce...

Buttermilk is commonly used in such batter, or used as is before dipping something in a flour mix. KFC's onion rings aren't marked as vegan though, and I'm guessing that, like most fast food chains, their onion rings are hardly made using all-natural products.

36 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:
1 hour ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

Rather than hit the "Quote" "button", you have to drag-select the run of quotes in the post and wait for the "Quote Selection" popup. Click that and you'll see the entire run pasted into your post.

I'll be darned - I never knew you could use the highlight 'quote selection' process for an entire set of embedded quotes.

image.jpeg.879bc6a20f122fd1f63e238c2a816434.jpeg

You can doing it using the Quote button, but it takes much more work.  Quote the last / outer one (or use highlight / 'quote selection').  Place your cursor in front of the first word inside the quote box and press enter.  Move you cursor up to the empty line and then hit the quote button for the inner quote (or again use highlight / 'quote selection').  Rinse repeat for more inner quotes.  Usually, if you type something into the response box and then change pages without submitting it, it will still be there when you click into the response box again.  That is how I get the inner quotes from previous pages.  Every now and then, the response box does not play nice when you change pages though, which messes my whole process up.

53 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Rather than hit the "Quote" "button", you have to drag-select the run of quotes in the post and wait for the "Quote Selection" popup. Click that and you'll see the entire run pasted into your post.

LOL you're like my own personal IT Help Desk!  Looking for a job?  We have lots of opportunities to upgrade out IT department ;)

29 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:
1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:
2 hours ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

I'll be darned - I never knew you could use the highlight 'quote selection' process for an entire set of embedded quotes.

I thought everyone knew this method. Things that make you go 'huh...'  LOL

Here's a GIF that shows how to do it: https://jumpshare.com/v/Rtfn0xrVG2e7xPKqXmjP

Edited by Alyona Su

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Because onion ring batter is totally vegetarian/vegan.  B|

Worked at BK in the early 90's. 4 fryers. 2 for french fries ONLY. 2 for everything else that was fried (hashbrowns* & sausage patties in the mornings, onion rings, chicken patties, fish bricks, and -briefly- popcorn shrimp when they tried the whole dining room experience that didn't last long). The reason (then) was that because the fries will pick up the taste of anything that shares their fryer. When it came time to change oil, the 2 "everything else" fryers were emptied, the fries oil went to them, and the fries got the new oil.

*yes, the hash browns were cooked in the everything fryers even tho they are only potato. Reason being, again this was early 90s, that the skillet inserty things were put over the french fry fryers in the morning to make the scrambled egg for the sandwiches and burritos. So if you really wanted fries in the morning, back then, they were cooked in the older "everything" oil.

Edited by Zoya McDonnagh

51 minutes ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

Worked at BK in the early 90's. 4 fryers. 2 for french fries ONLY. 2 for everything else that was fried (hashbrowns* & sausage patties in the mornings, onion rings, chicken patties, fish bricks, and -briefly- popcorn shrimp when they tried the whole dining room experience that didn't last long). The reason (then) was that because the fries will pick up the taste of anything that shares their fryer. When it came time to change oil, the 2 "everything else" fryers were emptied, the fries oil went to them, and the fries got the new oil.

*yes, the hash browns were cooked in the everything fryers even tho they are only potato. Reason being, again this was early 90s, that the skillet inserty things were put over the french fry fryers in the morning to make the scrambled egg for the sandwiches and burritos. So if you really wanted fries in the morning, back then, they were cooked in the older "everything" oil.

Were they still using beef tallow for fryer oil at the time?  I worked at McD's and a now defunct competitor from 84-96, seem to remember them switching to veggie oil first for everything but fries, and then later fries, starting in the late 80's.  I remember fries in beef tallow were SOOOO good!

9 hours ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

Special sauce recipe: mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish and yellow mustard whisked together with vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika.  Or you can pretty much just take thousand island dressing and mix in relish - we did that once when we ran out and couldn't get any for a couple days.  Of course, since they're not making it fresh, add in a bunch of preservatives.

• Haha 1

On 1/2/2020 at 8:58 PM, TheydonBois said:

Has anyone tried it yet? Can anyone report on what it's like? I was going to get one tomorrow but would appreciate some feedback. 

My understanding is that if it's not beef, it tastes like chicken.  Note that I'm not advertising nor promoting beef or chicken!

34 minutes ago, Desiree Moonwinder said:

My understanding is that if it's not beef, it tastes like chicken.  Note that I'm not advertising nor promoting beef or chicken!

People tell me KFC taste like badly fried turtle..

leave it to KFC to not taste like chicken..hehehehe

23 minutes ago, Maryanne Solo said:

I don't eat chicken. Have you seen what they feed them? 🤮 
At least with Virtual chicken you could open a drive thru store in SL
KVC - KentuckedUp Virtual Chicken 😋  

The only chicken I eat is right from our farm..Same with beef and venison and pretty much most of our food..

I've seen how big livestock plants run first hand by visiting a few..I wouldn't eat any of it either..

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.