How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Seicher Rae said:

Not specifically. There's brewhahas in two of her OPs (surprise surprise) but maybe I was confusing that with the brewhaha that is going on in the election thread. At any ways, I just hope to keep this thread flame / political free. I know, I'm a wild-eyed optimist. I'm not telling you don't. Just asking, politely, please.

Prok is a "she"?  I guess that could sorta explain some of her...extreme views, but I always figured Prok was a guy. 

3 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

You plan on growing up? :::looks worried:::

:::appreciates the hug:::

Well, I'm 52, so sooner or later I probably should.  Since I can't pull off Clooney or Connery in looks, I guess I gotta aspire to be Jack.image.png.79e24f64c696bf462885cd0f18cde1a8.png

Edited by Tolya Ugajin
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Not specifically. There's brewhahas in two of her OPs (surprise surprise) but maybe I was confusing that with the brewhaha that is going on in the election thread. At any ways, I just hope to keep this thread flame / political free. I know, I'm a wild-eyed optimist. I'm not telling you don't. Just asking, politely, please.

/me backs out of Prok's thread on share being taken out of viewer...and realizes nothing has changed in the Forums since his last regular attendance 5-6 years ago.  Grabs the bottle of rum from the bartender and goes to the corner to just shake his head and sigh.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

/me backs out of Prok's thread on share being taken out of viewer...and realizes nothing has changed in the Forums since his last regular attendance 5-6 years ago.  Grabs the bottle of rum from the bartender and goes to the corner to just shake his head and sigh.

/me nods. I learned about ten years ago to avoid Prok's threads, or not to take them too seriously. Wish I could share your rum!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

Out of curiosity, how is the Constitution being nullified and how are the 3 branches being dismantled? 

46 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Just no. Please. No. Not in this thread. Go to one of Prok's threads, where this is being battled.

Don’t worry. These are truths I consider to be self evident. If anyone sees the emperor’s new clothes there is no point in telling them otherwise. 

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

/me nods. I learned about ten years ago to avoid Prok's threads, or not to take them too seriously. Wish I could share your rum!

You know, I just had a wonderful idea.  Maybe when a budding flame war has started (and I'm guilty of this myself) cooler heads should encourage them to take it inworld, same as inworld we'd insist it be taken out of group chat to private.

... Well, thank you forum, for eating my post when there were new replies and I tried to refresh. Grr!

But, in spite of this, a meh day that turned into a good day, turned into a great day - and now into an excellent day. After the interview and shoot was completed, I had someone show me some absolutely magical things that I never knew about in SL - and then I nabbed myself a new home; a Victorian Linden home!

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Orwar said:

... Well, thank you forum, for eating my post when there were new replies and I tried to refresh. Grr!

But, in spite of this, a meh day that turned into a good day, turned into a great day - and now into an excellent day. After the interview and shoot was completed, I had someone show me some absolutely magical things that I never knew about in SL - and then I nabbed myself a new home; a Victorian Linden home!

/me pours Orwar two fingers from his bottle of rum.  "Cheers and congrats!"

I feel a little resentful of people posting in this thread just to increase their ♥ points so they can change their status. Like, who does this?

/me will respond to this, instead:

9 minutes ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

You know, I just had a wonderful idea.  Maybe when a budding flame war has started (and I'm guilty of this myself) cooler heads should encourage them to take it inworld, same as inworld we'd insist it be taken out of group chat to private.

Well, for some of us that would make life more peaceful. 99.9% of the people who get me to react with "grrr" are people with whom I'd never willingly share an IM or location of a sim, avatars or not. Problem solved.

21 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:
  1 hour ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

Out of curiosity, how is the Constitution being nullified and how are the 3 branches being dismantled? 

1 hour ago, Seicher Rae said:

Just no. Please. No. Not in this thread. Go to one of Prok's threads, where this is being battled.

Don’t worry. These are truths I consider to be self evident. If anyone sees the emperor’s new clothes there is no point in telling them otherwise. 

You made me laugh out loud 5 times....I may not stop.

You get the forum comment of the year award  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

I feel a little resentful of people posting in this thread just to increase their ♥ points so they can change their status. Like, who does this?

But it's not the amount of 'points' you have, it's at 500 posts that you can change your forum title. If that's what you were referring to. If you refer to having a high ratio of faves to seem popular .. Well, I think that putting up a lot of photos in the vanity threads will be quicker.

6 minutes ago, Orwar said:

But it's not the amount of 'points' you have, it's at 500 posts that you can change your forum title. If that's what you were referring to. If you refer to having a high ratio of faves to seem popular .. Well, I think that putting up a lot of photos in the vanity threads will be quicker.

The former, not the latter. Is it posts (as in OP) or does it include comments? I guess I could go look, but I'm lazy. And I don't want to go so far off topic. It just is a bit annoying to watch happen. (Although I feel point chasing for any reason is a bit loopy.)

Edited by Seicher Rae

1 minute ago, Seicher Rae said:

The former, not the latter. Is it posts (as in OP) or does it include comments. I guess I could go look, but I'm lazy. And I don't want to go so far off topic. It just is a bit annoying to watch happen. (Although I feel point chasing for any reason is a bit loopy.)

Posts, doesn't matter if it's starting a thread or commenting in one.

Besides, the whole 'points' thing is actually quite interesting, psychologically - apparently we (people) are quite prone to seeing 'likes' in social media as acceptance, which may give us endorphin kicks, whereas not receiving likes at a rate we expect, may actually bring us down psychologically. Our species is so much fun!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thats it. 1 year anniversary since i started to feel just a silent wint in my heart,when his heart stopped  beating.  Even SL felt kinda empty for me,while i was standing near Christmas tree at his Winter-decorated house.   Whole year i was between "no,i can t accept his choice,i don t think it was right" and "ok,i have no other choice  but to accept it and realize he is now only in my heart". I feel a little easier 

• Like 5

I'm not so angry today as I was yesterday, but I'm sad for my sister. She has so much anger at my parents for things that I think are pretty ridiculous, but I can't say that to her because she's entitled to her feelings, and they are very real to her. She is a very young 68 (might be all the pot she smokes) and is going to spend her next 20 years feeling like a victim of... nothing, really. She's so mad that my parents made decisions that she didn't agree with. They weren't bad decisions - it was just that after raising 8 kids, they wanted to live the rest of their years as they wished, not necessarily as their children wished they would. They up and moved to Las Vegas and my sister still, more than 20 years later, finds that unforgivable. It's things like that. My mom and dad never deserted any of their children - I should know since I'm the youngest. They were there for us until they each took their last breaths. 

Anyway, I"m just sad for her. Still somewhat aggravated at her behavior yesterday, but she's the one living in that self-created misery, not me. 

I have soooooooo much work to do today, but I'm having a hard time focusing on it. I'm looking forward to next week when all my coworkers are off and I can buckle down without distractions for a couple of days. 

Oh, and it's snowing. And today is the stupid forced potluck, and no, I didn't make anything. I'll run out before it starts and grab something. Or maybe just have a couple pizzas delivered... 

How's everyone else doing? Christmas eve is a week from today, right? Everyone hanging in there? Need to vent? Yell, scream, cry? Throw things? Go for it! We got you!

• Like 4

I'm doing fine, thanks for asking.  Pizza sounds like the best option. :)  I'm only really aware of Christmas being so near as my grocery delivery is due in 5 days' time.  My sister, who lives a mile away but communicates with me via FB, will be at some huge family do while I'm enjoying the peace of a traffic-free road outside, wearing a festive t-shirt from one of the supermarkets, and sleeping whenever I wish.  Solstice will be more important to me as it's a real thing, and will focus my mind on actualities.  Of course if my birth god* comes visiting I'll offer him a drink but I expect he'll be off stirring up a war somewhere.

*Tiw, English version of Tyr or Tiwaz.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
Clarification.
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Be an ear for someone this Christmas.  You never know how important listening will be.

The like emoticon isn't enough. I LOVE this post so much and I'm so happy for you and your son.

This is what so many people who are struggling can't understand because they're brain gets in the way and lies to them - There is always a way to fix things. There are answers and solutions. Asking for help is NOT a weakness. When your brain is overwhelming you, it's perfectly fine to look to someone else for help and clarity.

I'm so happy your story has such a beautiful ending! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

There’s an inworld mud-wrestling game and plenty of strip scripts. just saying.

Today I’m feeling better emotionally but very rotten physically, I’ve caught a nasty, gooey cold. 
Pizza might be my answer to many things today as well! 

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.