What is second life?..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Troll much?

But I'll be the first to bite.

No.  For one thing, if we were going to do that, we'd have done it twelve years ago.  Even then, that was how a lot of people viewed SL.  But they were wrong then, and they're wrong now.

The real 3D virtual world adult sexgame is Red Light Center.  SL certainly has sex, but it has much more as well...sort of like real life.

Which is why it's called "Second Life".

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, anonymousmouse2 said:

Is it time to change the description from "3d virtual world where people can create, connect and chat" to someting like "Adult sexgame"?

Nope. Get out more in-world. The vast majority of the grid has nothing to do with sex.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, anonymousmouse2 said:

Is it time to change the description from "3d virtual world where people can create, connect and chat" to someting like "Adult sexgame"?

I've been in SL since 2004 and never bumped pixels so the answer is no, not everyone in SL is here for the sexual aspect of it. There are a lot of us that aren't here for sex. SL is not, never has been and never will be a "sexgame".

• Like 5

I see no need to change the name for that...
...but...
showing what one of the biggest industries in SL is would be welcome, slogans as become a Creator ( while you need a at least one year course creation of mesh) Earn money ( while you stil first have to finish your mesh course) and Hello Kitty aren't really the big attractions to join anymore.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Why would they change the description to a sex game when that's only about 5% of what goes on in world.

can't imagine the real active Hello Kitty community is a lot bigger, and seeing the amount of sex attributes that are sold, the adult activities are quite a bit more than the 5%.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

can't imagine the real active Hello Kitty community is a lot bigger, and seeing the amount of sex attributes that are sold, the adult activities are quite a bit more than the 5%.

I don't know..I mean even back when Second life was at it's peak back before they moved the mainland to Zindra,it was only around 5% as well.

There was a heck of a lot more of it back then..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Why would they change the description to a sex game when that's only about 5% of what goes on in world.

What's the other 95% because I can't find it... O.o

I mean... I know a lot of stuff USED TO happen in SL... but it all seems kinda dead now.

We have 'shop at monthly event' and 'rez ruckus bed on my Bellisseria home, turn on privacy, and invite that primboy over for some "policy" discussions'... :P

Or maybe the monthly shopping event IS the other 95%... judging by the spam I get, that might be about right...

3 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

What's the other 95% because I can't find it... O.o

I mean... I know a lot of stuff USED TO happen in SL... but it all seems kinda dead now.

We have 'shop at monthly event' and 'rez ruckus bed on my Bellisseria home, turn on privacy, and invite that primboy over for some "policy" discussions'... :P

Or maybe the monthly shopping event IS the other 95%... judging by the spam I get, that might be about right...

There was a lot more of everything back then..

You could easily get 20 pages or more on the search for just about anything back then..Even sex clubs..

Can you even get three full pages now before you start to hit zero in the traffic?

A lot of everything is gone.. including the sex industry..

It was 5% back then when it was booming..

Not all adult sims are set to adult because they are sex places..A lot put sims to adult to be on the safe side or they have other content that falls under adult..

The 5% was more of a guesstimate on my part today..But that was the percentage back then..with it being nowhere at all near the size of what it used to be..I just figured it was a safe guess.

I don't think that would be the best idea. I never joined up for that purpose. It has never held a huge interest for me. It is silly to assume that is all there is to Second Life.

If someone joins for that purpose, that is completely alright. Just as it is alright that someone else joins for another reason. We are all different.

I personally would never try to fit everyone into the little world I created here filled with rainbows and unicorns. That isn't to everyone's taste. Trying to lump the entire population of Second Life into one category is a tad foolish.

Second Life is what each of us makes it. It is what we want it to be for ourselves. I always find it best to focus on what my loved ones and I are doing instead of trying to judge others who have vastly different interests than myself.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

It was 5% back then when it was booming..

Pre Zindra i would have thought it would be a lot higher i didn't have to go out of my way to find or be taken to places that had sex i used to spend a huge amount of time hanging out at Java Island mostly not for the sex. guys would be falling over them selves to buy or get you to have a sculpted part because they refused to pound away at a painted on part while they unleashed their freenis to you. I didn't sign up just for sex it was there i tried it but it's since never been enough of an interest that i'd go searching for it

52 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Pre Zindra i would have thought it would be a lot higher i didn't have to go out of my way to find or be taken to places that had sex i used to spend a huge amount of time hanging out at Java Island mostly not for the sex. guys would be falling over them selves to buy or get you to have a sculpted part because they refused to pound away at a painted on part while they unleashed their freenis to you. I didn't sign up just for sex it was there i tried it but it's since never been enough of an interest that i'd go searching for it

I thought it was higher at the time as well..That wasn't my numbers ,it was numbers that came up in a topic back then that someone had linked to a thread..

I would look for it,but since they have messed with the blogs and the other links over the years and killed so many of the links off..it probably would never turn up..

Look at how small they made zindra..if it was as big as a lot of people thought,you would think they would have made a mainland around the size of  the other mainlands..But adult content got this really small land way out in the middle of nowhere.

And, it's not all occupied by sex places too..

Edited by Ceka Cianci

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.