What are you watching today?

My daughter and I watched the new Ken Burns documentary "The American Buffalo" on PBS a couple of nights ago.  It was fascinating, thought-provoking and very moving (and had us teary-eyed at a couple of points in the story).  He is really wonderful in his documentaries with bringing together the multiple threads of an issue and weaving them all together.  I knew many of the individual historical events, as individual events, but having them all woven together so you can see the wider perspectives and consequences of our choices and actions brings a deeper level of understanding to those events.   

I am tap, tap, tapping my fingers and feet, waiting for the Fall premiers that are way behind schedule and likely will be Winter premiers by the time they finally get here, since most of the shows I watch don't even have premier dates yet. 

Though there are a couple of new series that have already started that I am checking out: The Irrational and Found - both of which are intriguing enough to continue watching for now. 

Oh, and the second season of The Gilded Age premiers next Sun, so that will be soon on the weekly watch schedule. 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I am tap, tap, tapping my fingers and feet, waiting for the Fall premiers that are way behind schedule and likely will be Winter premiers by the time they finally get here, since most of the shows I watch don't even have premier dates yet. 

Though there are a couple of new series that have already started that I am checking out: The Irrational and Found - both of which are intriguing enough to continue watching for now. 

Oh, and the second season of The Gilded Age premiers next Sun, so that will be soon on the weekly watch schedule. 

Poe would approve of the rapping!

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/48860/the-raven

I am watching 

Ghost US

The American version of Ghosts which has been showing in its entirety on BBC iPlayer. The difference between American and British humour is very apparent but both versions are tremendously funny. It is perfect viewing for yet another gloomy rainy day.

I'm a little peeved with myself because I knew this was going to happen, and yet I didn't stock up on popcorn.

When the streaming services push so hard piracy goes mainstream again, I shall be better prepared! 

• Like 2