What are you watching today?

It was either 1992 or 1993 and our BBC2 started showing these weird 10 minute (ish) segments that hooked me straightaway. As so much has been uploaded to Youtube, I looked especially for this.

But I never knew before that the Garth's cousin, the roadie for Aerosmith, was actually played by my favourite actor, Tom Hanks. What an extra layer of joy that brought me. 

Excellent! 

• Like 1

Great video about dealing with gatekeepers and trash talkers online. It's about enjoying guitar gear, but change a few details and it could be about what all of us do in Second Life (or any other hobby). Some cussing (this is a true-blue metal player talking here), but very minimal, and handled eloquently. Well worth the 15 1/2 minutes to watch if you need some inspiration. I enjoy most of Mr Kyle Bull's gear videos. 

• 2 weeks later...

I love this movie especially this time of the year..

It's a romantic comedy,sort of Christmas, a lot of Christmas Carol'ish theme, kind of story, that is also in it's own way humbling..

A lot of people like to have A Christmas Story playing in their house around the holidays.. I like having this one playing..

Edited by Ceka Cianci

5 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I love this movie especially this time of the year..

It's a romantic comedy,sort of Christmas, a lot of Christmas Carol'ish theme, kind of story, that is also in it's own way humbling..

A lot of people like to have A Christmas Story playing in their house around the holidays.. I like having this one playing..

:/ Could be Scrooge, because this is what I see: 

Video un.png

Edited by Garnet Psaltery

On 12/20/2023 at 7:56 PM, Rat Luv said:

The time that Sex Pistols played a concert for children in Yorkshire! 🎵 Enjoyed this...and has the terrifying Fanny Craddock 😬

I'm reminded of the time when my friends played live for a group of much younger kids at an area church, including the song "Bodies" by SP.

• Like 1

We just finished watching the prequel to the Hunger games, which is Snows origin story..

The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes

I think they did an amazing job with the movie.. I was captured the whole time even into the credits when this song played, which is such a good song and fits so well with this movie.. music is an important part of this part of the series, Hence songbird.  I do think seeing the previous movies would be a very good idea though..

I'm still caught up in it at the moment and processing it, but I think this is the best time to share..

So  Song first, trailer second.

The trailer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1