What are you watching today?

On 9/3/2023 at 1:41 AM, Enola2017 said:

this topic doesn't apply to SL either)) LOL. I personally watch nothing but funny news. I guess it's impossible to leave a link - that's why I won't. I'm waiting for the final season of Outlander to come out

out.jpg

Lol the 2nd part of 7 won’t come out till 2024 then late 2024-25 for 8th and final!! 

• Haha 1

Peeve: When I only remember a parody, but not the original. YouTube to the rescue!

I found both a parody and original version. Since I was 1 year old when the original came out, I may have never seen it. The parody I remember (last two lines differ from the video) goes like this:

McDonald's is my kind of place!

Hamburgers in your face.

French fries up your nose,

Pickles between your toes.

Give me my money back,

Before I have a heart attack!

Original, followed by someone doing the parody:

Edited by Love Zhaoying

Thank you @Ceka Cianci for posting Roger Penrose's intro to his Conformal cyclic cosmology (CCC) theory.

Neil Turok's cyclic universe theory and Penrose's are aligned in some fundamental ways in terms of infinite expansion until a point at which the "energy" in the universe is so disperse that inevitably a bang occurs (again) and both don't require the classic expansion then contraction into a dense state that triggers that event that others propose and we have no evidence that would even occur.

Penrose's is easier to understand in some sense because most people understand what a photon is, as opposed to understanding sterile neutrinos and anti-matter. Turok's cyclic theory though offers an easy way for non-physicists to understand why that bang occurs as the universe (the "side" we inhabit) gets to a points where energy is scattered so infinitely that the two "sides" touch, hence the bang.

Both fascinating theories and account for much of what we can observe without the need for anything beyond simple maths ... no fudging, weird factoring, ad-hoc parameters, tweaks to make them work, etc.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

TLDW - lemons, white vinegar, baking soda, and salt clean a lot of things.

They clean just about anything. It's mostly what I use because a lot of cleaning products will leave a residue..

Lemon  vinegar and baking soda remove all of that and is much safer to use..

Baking soda and vinegar are great for laundry as well..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Thank you @Ceka Cianci for posting Roger Penrose's intro to his Conformal cyclic cosmology (CCC) theory.

Neil Turok's cyclic universe theory and Penrose's are aligned in some fundamental ways in terms of infinite expansion until a point at which the "energy" in the universe is so disperse that inevitably a bang occurs (again) and both don't require the classic expansion then contraction into a dense state that triggers that event that others propose and we have no evidence that would even occur.

Penrose's is easier to understand in some sense because most people understand what a photon is, as opposed to understanding sterile neutrinos and anti-matter. Turok's cyclic theory though offers an easy way for non-physicists to understand why that bang occurs as the universe (the "side" we inhabit) gets to a points where energy is scattered so infinitely that the two "sides" touch, hence the bang.

Both fascinating theories and account for much of what we can observe without the need for anything beyond simple maths ... no fudging, weird factoring, ad-hoc parameters, tweaks to make them work, etc.

It must have been awhile ago that I posted that.. I'm having a hard time remembering the video now.. hehehe

But ya, that stuff is so interesting to me.. I can just sit there and get lost in thought on a lot of it..

• Like 1