What are you watching today?

Hoping to catch up on Foundation:

It's VERY DIFFERENT from the novels. But then the novels took place over centuries. Hard to have a consistent cast that way - so they've used tricks to keep the same actors around. To me those have been improvements because while Aasimov was good at world building and plot, his characters were very lacking.

• Like 2

The book (Roadside Picnic) was almost completely different from the movie, despite the fact that the original authors wrote the screenplay. I kinda wish people would just make movies of the stories in books, or stop trying to use a successful novel to get people to watch a movie, but as an art film, it's pretty okay if you don't mind that the movie is as totally unlike the original story as the first published version of it was (thanks to it being published, after an 8-year-long struggle, in the USSR, and undergoing multiple unwanted additions and government censor's redactions).

Edited by PheebyKatz

I've seen this movie more than a few times and will probably watch it more than a few times more..

It's such a good movie and I love human and animal bonding in movies when it's not all goofy and done well.. This is a good one for that. :)

Edited by Ceka Cianci

Found 40 episodes free to view of Pie in the Sky starring Richard Griffiths. Going to take me a while, but am loving it so far.

Also watched Mamma Mia Here We Go Again thinking it would be a right load of crap but I thoroughly enjoyed it (more than the first film in fact). 

I don't know why, I find VHS generation loss videos really creepy...even though it is just a technical fault and not mysterious at all! :S I like this YT comment: "It's like a memory fading over time as the years go by"...and "I like how no matter how deteriorated the song gets the words together forever still exist" 

On 10/8/2023 at 2:58 AM, Ceka Cianci said:

I've seen this movie more than a few times and will probably watch it more than a few times more..

It's such a good movie and I love human and animal bonding in movies when it's not all goofy and done well.. This is a good one for that. :)

omg that movie is awesome!!

• Like 1

We seen this when it came out..It's a really good movie done about the life of Aretha Franklin..

I had a really good soul playlist going today at work and it made me think of this movie.. So I added it to our collection of movies tonight..

If you haven't seen it and you like soul music, this is a really good movie to see..

• Like 1

I've just finished watching The Reckoning on BBC iPlayer. This four part dramatisation about the now controversial Jimmy Savile isn't due to finish on the TV until next week, but I could not wait. Having said that, because of the subject matter, I have had to watch it in ten minute chunks. It's too triggering and upsetting, and yet compelling viewing.

Steve Coogan should win an award for his portrayal of JS.