What are you watching today?

The new season 2 starts next month on the 15th..I loved the first season.. He is so much better than Tom cruise in the role of Jack Reacher..

We have the movie and had my doubts that I would like the series when it first came out.. But after the first episode I was like, this is gonna be good..

Plus he is the size of what Jack Reacher is supposed to be, where Tom Cruise is a small man so a lot of what comes with a big powerful man wasn't in the movie like it is in the series..

As someone said in the comments, just get season three ready, because we're gonna need it.. hehehe

The trailer for season 2

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just watched this.  There aren't any legitimate recordings available just yet for those without iPlayer access but I expect there will be in time.   There was something of a raw edge to it tonight, with emotion very close to the surface.

RBL 2023.png

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
Added text.
  • Like 2

Dark Victory, starring Bette Davis (and is that Ronald Reagan I just saw?).

Yesterday I watched my other Bette Davis favourite, Now, Voyager. 

On BBC last week, on BBC iPlayer for the month.

I have seen both films many MANY times, but only truly watching them now. Every frame, every tiny detail registering. 

What an absolute treat.

Dark Victory.jpg

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 4

This is a great movie. 

After our computer went down last Saturday, we've been going through our old hard drives with an old computer that we held onto.. We've been finding all kinds of goodies..

This movie is one of those goodies. I've always watched it with no subtitles and just let it unfold itself to me with the passion in the language while not knowing the language. 

The camera work for it's time was amazing then and to me, still is today.. 

I think I've gotten more from this movie than any other, because watching it like this for me really pulls me and my imagination in so deep..

I've yet to watch it with subtitles.

Honestly, I don't know if I ever will. It's been so good to watch  without them.

• Thanks 1