When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 hours ago, SweetTaffeyLove said:

Ok, well I believe my Customize Your Home page has a technical bug or maintenance problem and no, not talking about the Error Message for Refresh App. I believe it genuinely will not provide option for Bellisseria to begin with. 😡🤬😱😩😭

Don’t forget, auto refresh is also picking up the keyword when the lockout page pops up. It has the word “Bellisseria” and just about every other keyword you would use in it.

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, iBrat said:

Since I been lucky enough again since the new rule about refresh, I have to say this is my tip also. Waiting hours and having that refresh vibe in your mind is boring, exhausting and not cute. Better spend time roaming around Bellisseria and meet people or something.

I did some testing after the change and I got usually blocked after 3 tries, manual or auto (set on 1.33). Then I just moved on and spend my time on the forum and shopping, IF you have the option to be in the Bellisseria groups inworld too, even better. The moment you hear someone yell "I got a home", you can be pretty sure the release started. Go to the house page, make sure it ready (like name prefilled) and wish for the best.

*Sitenote: During the actually release I refreshed manual, Bellisseria was hidden in the dropdown menu for me, I didn't got blocked and tried 5 times.

I think this is sound advice for the most part, except for the fact that by the time someone has mentioned they have a house, and you log into your dashboard, and go to the homes page, precious seconds have been lost. And given the rate the houses are being taken I'd expect the odds of catching anything at that stage would be relatively remote. Not impossible, just remote. BUT in saying all that, spending your days clicking every minute and staring at that home screen won't guarantee a home either. This truly is a game of chance now, I think now more-so than it has ever been.

I say that because after SLB16 more people have been made aware of the homes existence/the Bellisseria project, therefore more vying for them than there were on previous releases. On top of that, with the crack-down on Auto Refresh programs people appear less likely to release their homes now and run the risk of having none. So if you live in a country where region releases happen when you sleep (and cannot access a computer or phone, etc) then the odds are getting slimmer by the day. Yes houses are being released every other day so those claiming them are a few people less than there were before, but I can't imagine it's enough to negate the new members or alts in this race too. Waiting for a larger release sounds like the best advice, but I understand that's not comforting when you feel frustrated and desperate. 

And I'll say this about the Bellisseria Community groups that I am personally a member of; I have absolutely no issue at all with them in principle (and I don't mean any insult or offence at all, I truly hand-on-heart don't). They do what groups do; they chat and socialize and seem to have a lot of fun, and I don't begrudge anyone at all for that. That's what they are there for after all. But I am not one for idle-banter. I don't care to read about people handing out virtual coffees or fawning over their fifth perfect parcel they just claimed. I only ever have the chat windows open to listen for official news or facts regarding upcoming releases or changes to the community, where possible. The rest is just... noise. And I'll admit, more often than not this grates on me to the point I have to close the chat window. So if someone claims they've just caught a house in these groups I won't see it, and neither will anyone else if they are like me and sick of the constant noise.

I would like to think an official group that Patch or the Moles could utilize would take the strain for releasing official news but I can't see that happening either. Because people will do what they do here on the forums; either love-bomb, harass, burden with questions that have already been answered a multitude of times, or vent and complain. And even if the staff only spoke using group notices people are going to complain about not being informed or the unfair nature of the system. It's a no-win situation, whichever way you slice it.

For the record mid-way through typing this a houseboat just popped up. It's been days since I've seen one. The drop-down menu didn't show Bellisseria either, I had to manually select it. At 1:10 intervals the Auto Refresh restrictions ARE working; prior to I was seeing around five houses a day, on average, now I've seen one house and one houseboat in almost three days. Big difference. 😟

• Like 6

3 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

I think this is sound advice for the most part, except for the fact that by the time someone has mentioned they have a house, and you log into your dashboard, and go to the homes page, precious seconds have been lost. And given the rate the houses are being taken I'd expect the odds of catching anything at that stage would be relatively remote. Not impossible, just remote. BUT in saying all that, spending your days clicking every minute and staring at that home screen won't guarantee a home either. This truly is a game of chance now, I think now more-so than it has ever been.

I say that because after SLB16 more people have been made aware of the homes existence/the Bellisseria project, therefore more vying for them than there were on previous releases. On top of that, with the crack-down on Auto Refresh programs people appear less likely to release their homes now and run the risk of having none. So if you live in a country where region releases happen when you sleep (and cannot access a computer or phone, etc) then the odds are getting slimmer by the day. Yes houses are being released every other day so those claiming them are a few people less than there were before, but I can't imagine it's enough to negate the new members or alts in this race too. Waiting for a larger release sounds like the best advice, but I understand that's not comforting when you feel frustrated and desperate. 

And I'll say this about the Bellisseria Community groups that I am personally a member of; I have absolutely no issue at all with them in principle (and I don't mean any insult or offence at all, I truly hand-on-heart don't). They do what groups do; they chat and socialize and seem to have a lot of fun, and I don't begrudge anyone at all for that. That's what they are there for after all. But I am not one for idle-banter. I don't care to read about people handing out virtual coffees or fawning over their fifth perfect parcel they just claimed. I only ever have the chat windows open to listen for official news or facts regarding upcoming releases or changes to the community, where possible. The rest is just... noise. And I'll admit, more often than not this grates on me to the point I have to close the chat window. So if someone claims they've just caught a house in these groups I won't see it, and neither will anyone else if they are like me and sick of the constant noise.

I would like to think an official group that Patch or the Moles could utilize would take the strain for releasing official news but I can't see that happening either. Because people will do what they do here on the forums; either love-bomb, harass, burden with questions that have already been answered a multitude of times, or vent and complain. And even if the staff only spoke using group notices people are going to complain about not being informed or the unfair nature of the system. It's a no-win situation, whichever way you slice it.

For the record mid-way through typing this a houseboat just popped up. It's been days since I've seen one. The drop-down menu didn't show Bellisseria either, I had to manually select it. At 1:10 intervals the Auto Refresh restrictions ARE working; prior to I was seeing around five houses a day, on average, now I've seen one house and one houseboat in almost three days. Big difference. 😟

How long have you been waiting for a home? Are you hanging out for something in particular? I’m curious as to whether it is getting easier or harder for people to get one. (And I absolutely hear you about the community chat. 🙄)

13 minutes ago, Juliet Ducrot said:

How long have you been waiting for a home? Are you hanging out for something in particular? I’m curious as to whether it is getting easier or harder for people to get one. (And I absolutely hear you about the community chat. 🙄)

I do have a home, and yes I am, I'm also empathetic to the plight of those that don't**. I can't answer regarding difficulty any better than I already have, and it's only my perception. Others may not be having any difficulties, so I can't speak for all. But IMHO for what it's worth, in a word; harder. But again that's just my experience and may not be a true representation of yours or anyone else's experience.

(**Trigger warning: I have a house but am wishing to move, so I don't want to rock the boat or upset those that would be happy with anything. That feels to me like I'm rubbing it in people's faces. I think there's plenty of that going around already to need to rub salt into the wound). :) 

Edited by RaeLeeH
Forgot to answer a question posed in quote. *facepalms*
  • Like 3

Just now, RaeLeeH said:

I do. I'm just empathetic to the plight of those that don't**. I can't answer regarding difficulty any better than I already have, and it's only my perception. Others may not be having any difficulties, so I can't speak for all. But IMHO for what it's worth, in a word; harder. But again that's just my experience and may not be a true representation of yours or anyone else's experience.

(**Trigger warning: I have a house but am wishing to move, so I don't want to rock the boat or upset those that would be happy with anything. That feels to me like I'm rubbing it in people's faces. I think there's plenty of that going around already to need to rub salt into the wound). :) 

😂 I am in exactly the same (house)boat. I have one, and I was surprised to get it randomly, manually on my phone, without even refreshing. This is why I wondered if it was getting easier (or if I just won the lottery). Glad you have a home RaeLee and don’t feel bad about wanting to swap it! I suspect once it is a little easier to nab something there will be a fair bit of it going around (myself included!)

• Like 2

Just now, Juliet Ducrot said:

😂 I am in exactly the same (house)boat. I have one, and I was surprised to get it randomly, manually on my phone, without even refreshing. This is why I wondered if it was getting easier (or if I just won the lottery). Glad you have a home RaeLee and don’t feel bad about wanting to swap it! I suspect once it is a little easier to nab something there will be a fair bit of it going around (myself included!)

Aww thank you. That's lovely of you to say. Every time I mention the fact I do own a house I'm walking a mine field waiting for someone to explode at how I should be thankful for what I have and leave the homes to those who have nothing. They're partially right of course, but we all pay the same premium rate, so my decision to move is no different than theirs should they get a place and decide to move too. But for now I just take each day as it comes. It's all any of us really can do I think. 

Congrats on your house (boat) too! I suspect you could be right about nabbing something else later down the track, though only time will tell. As more styles roll out, and regions continue to expand, (and knees continue to jerk over various changes being implemented within SL; Price change, Group change, Tilia, etc, resulting in more members downgrading plans/abandoning houses) the overall chances improve that eventually most of us will find at least something we are happy with. Fingers crossed anyway! :) 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

except for the fact that by the time someone has mentioned they have a house, and you log into your dashboard, and go to the homes page, precious seconds have been lost.

@RaeLeeH Yes that! I always have it open and ready to go during possible release hours, even though I don't refresh pointless anymore.

• Like 1

*gasps!* I just saw a house! Seems like... ages! Just one, and gone quickly, but there it was. Around 12:57 a.m. AEST. (I only posted this just to keep this topic on track, not to rub any salt into the wound or upset those who aren't seeing them. :))

• Like 1

My SL partner finally got a boat early evening yesterday, out of the blue while running a very slow refresher.   He happened to be sitting at the computer when it hit, but was working on RL stuffs and his screen was covered with windows.  He said he was so startled when he heard the alert that it took a few seconds to even get to the land window, then he was jumpy and flubbed a bit, but it was still there when he finally got through the UI!  Perhaps a lot of folks have just stopped looking over the weekend, and are waiting for a chance at a region release.

In a great region!  Next to a DJ's boat though, so we'll see how that works out.  Maybe it'll just enhance our social life :) , or maybe it'll be tossed back.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Mollymews said:

i really like it when people come on the forums and say that they got a home. It makes my own day a little bit more happy to see the joy that this brings them :)

I've been randomly trying for a house at every opportunity.  My best estimate is that I've refreshed about 2500 times.  Today I got very lucky and I got a home.  Thanks to all who offered encouragement and support.  My continued hope is that LL makes changes to this process and completes homes for everyone very very very soon.

On 7/13/2019 at 1:01 PM, SweetTaffeyLove said:

Ok, well I believe my Customize Your Home page has a technical bug or maintenance problem and no, not talking about the Error Message for Refresh App. I believe it genuinely will not provide option for Bellisseria to begin with. 😡🤬😱😩😭

I know what you mean.  I had not even seen a Bellessari option in the menu for 6+ weeks.  The good thing is that you don't even have to open the menu.  Bellissari pops up as the first option AND they also display a picture of the home style.  So, you have the text and the visual queue that lets you know.  The bad part is unless you know when a release is happening and you're lucky enough to beat out all the other people vying for homes the only way to get one seems to be random abandonments.   If you think your page really doesn't work.  Try grabbing a Meadowbrook home just to make sure you can - then abandon it once you know the system works as it should.  If you can't get a Meadowbrook home - you should report the problem to LL because you'd be right about there being a bug.  Be sure to tell them the steps you took.  Good luck to you.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BelleBax said:

I've been randomly trying for a house at every opportunity.  My best estimate is that I've refreshed about 2500 times.  Today I got very lucky and I got a home.  Thanks to all who offered encouragement and support.  My continued hope is that LL makes changes to this process and completes homes for everyone very very very soon.

I know what you mean.  I had not even seen a Bellessari option in the menu for 6+ weeks.  The good thing is that you don't even have to open the menu.  Bellissari pops up as the first option AND they also display a picture of the home style.  So, you have the text and the visual queue that lets you know.  The bad part is unless you know when a release is happening and you're lucky enough to beat out all the other people vying for homes the only way to get one seems to be random abandonments.   If you think your page really doesn't work.  Try grabbing a Meadowbrook home just to make sure you can - then abandon it once you know the system works as it should.  If you can't get a Meadowbrook home - you should report the problem to LL because you'd be right about there being a bug.  Be sure to tell them the steps you took.  Good luck to you.

Congrats on the house! Enjoy the decorating! 😊

But unfortunately, it's not possible to rely on Bellisseria always appearing by default in the drop down menu. Sometimes you have to click on the down arrow to display the menu choices. There's no rhyme or reason to it - on my machine, I used to always see it when a Bellisseria home came up..until I didn't. (This is where the Auto refresh thing is handy - it WILL pick it up, even if it doesn't show on the page.) Hadn't changed anything in my settings or anything. Mostly I do see it...but sometimes I don't. So it's something to watch out for...

(Writing this for those who might not be aware of that...) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Arquet said:

Congrats on the house! Enjoy the decorating! 😊

But unfortunately, it's not possible to rely on Bellisseria always appearing by default in the drop down menu. Sometimes you have to click on the down arrow to display the menu choices. There's no rhyme or reason to it - on my machine, I used to always see it when a Bellisseria home came up..until I didn't. (This is where the Auto refresh thing is handy - it WILL pick it up, even if it doesn't show on the page.) Hadn't changed anything in my settings or anything. Mostly I do see it...but sometimes I don't. So it's something to watch out for...

(Writing this for those who might not be aware of that...) 

Oh really! Gosh - thanks so much for correcting me.  It was my understanding from another user (and it made sense to me) that Belli would show up first. This information may have helped me get into a home earlier.  I hope it helps others.  Thanks again!

• Like 2

It looks like regions Penitent Beach, Sweetmarsh, Passwall and Rothacker are ready for this week to release.   Maybe some houseboats still to release.    One house in Sweetmarsh had a security fence around it for days, probably a mole gathering home.  Now the security fence is gone. 

Good luck on the land page everybody. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well, I gave up my Traditional home because it was not what I really wanted. So, I decided to try a few refreshes  before I went to bed to see if anything would Pop up, and lo and behold, a Houseboat was available :) Happy Happy..lol.  * Yawns and heads off to bed*  Tomorrow will be a fun day figuring out how to decorate :)

• Like 9

I have Auto Refresh Plus set to refresh every 72 seconds. If the new policy is to only allow 10 refreshes per 10 minutes, I find it hard to understand how I met my 'refresh limit' when it refreshes every 1 minute and 12 seconds. Anyone experiencing this bit of a glitch? Suggestions on a good interval?

6 hours ago, Saraya Starr said:

Well, I gave up my Traditional home because it was not what I really wanted. So, I decided to try a few refreshes  before I went to bed to see if anything would Pop up, and lo and behold, a Houseboat was available :) Happy Happy..lol.  * Yawns and heads off to bed*  Tomorrow will be a fun day figuring out how to decorate :)

Was you old house in Raccoon Run and your new houseboat in Shirogane ? 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.