Nika Talaj

When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Posted (edited)

11:00 am to 12:00 pm SLT likely LL having lunch. Since nothing so far I believe all 4 regions will be released this afternoon.

Edited by Shield Markus
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Why FOUR - they never relleased more than two at a time or did they?

Penitent Beach is 5 homes I think small batch.  Sweetmarsh, Passwall and Rothacker have the red boxes around them, they looked ready to go

• Like 1

Not to put a damper on anyone's excitement, but I also don't want to see anyone be terribly let down when/if four regions aren't released today. 

I also don't know how to quote something from one thread into another so here is my lame attempt at posting @Quartz Mole's response about seeing Moles and assuming region's are ready for release:

Mole X here, in that I'm the one who runs and checks the scripts, and configures the settings, to prepare homes for final release towards the end of our involvement in their initial release.  

That, however, is by no means the final step in the whole release process -- to use an analogy that probably breaks down at some point, we're responsible for making the product, and I'm one of the last of the LDPW moles involved before the products leave the factory.     However, there's a whole lot of other things other people have to do in order to get the products to a warehouse somewhere, enter them into inventory, and then remove them from inventory in response to an order and transfer them to their new owner.

I don't know all the stages involved after we're finished.    I do know that they involve several Lindens from (at least) two other LL departments and their part of the process generally takes a day or so from start to finish.   I also know something of the tasks involved for LL in changing the ownership of several regions at a time, moving them from one estate to another, and changing selective parcel settings for the resident parcels (hitherto common throughout the region).    I don't understand all of them, or not in detail, but at least I know the processes exist and what some of them involve.

I also know roughly how long, approximately, it took to revise the back-end of  the Linden Homes web page to accommodate a completely new kind of Linden Home, offering several different choices of home (and often of theme too, so we have houses and houseboats on the same region) which you control from an in-world house control panel rather than from the website, so I doubt any change to the allocation process (waiting list, lottery, etc), even if LL were minded to make one, could be achieved and properly tested this year.

I'm simply giving my own observations here, as someone involved in the production process, but I can promise you that we do read these discussions, and consider and debate ideas that we haven't already investigated, but a lot of them just aren't doable right now, either because they're not doable at all or because we simply can't consider them for this phase in the overall project, since we couldn't both adopt them and, at the same time, stand any hope of sticking to our original release schedules, let alone the expedited ones we've had to develop over recent months.    And, of course, any major changes would need to be made backwards-compatible with the regions we've already released, which is often a lot more difficult than it sounds because of server-side complexities of which I had no idea before I joined the Moles and the full subtleties of which we (and LL) are still discovering.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Maybe the Lindens actually listened to the complaints about their timing discriminating against people working normal business hours in the Western Hemisphere, and will release this evening?

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Shield Markus said:

Penitent Beach is 5 homes I think small batch.  Sweetmarsh, Passwall and Rothacker have the red boxes around them, they looked ready to go

Penitent has 21. Ancoraggio was the one with 5, and it was released with Cape Lively.

Things have not been moving as quickly since the huge issues with people insulting the staff last week. They may be even more short handed atm(some may be taking some time off here and there), so 4 released is pretty unlikely.

Edited by s2Pandora
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, s2Pandora said:

Penitent has 21. Ancoraggio was the one with 5, and it was released with Cape Lively.

Things have not been moving as quickly since the huge issues with people insulting the staff last week. They may be even more short handed atm(some may be taking some time off here and there), so 4 released is very highly unlikely.

I think if they delay until releasing more regions together is good going forward.  The 21 homes flash mobbed in 5 minutes or less is not serving them well to some people. I would support the delay until all four regions can be released together.

Edited by Shield Markus
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

Maybe the Lindens actually listened to the complaints about their timing discriminating against people working normal business hours in the Western Hemisphere, and will release this evening?

Oh wouldn't that be nice to see but I really don't think anything will be released today seems to be very quiet. 

But on a good note I was able to get around to see the various areas there are a few spots I would have loved to have gotten they are on the beach linked to a cove and had little decks in the back with beach chairs. I truly forgot the area name as I was flying over each area real quick and at one point lost the fact when I left one area and went in another. Where a few areas that have not been released yet that I bumped into that also seemed nice could not get a feel of the detail much as some are still being worked on.

But like people stated some areas seem to have a bit more shall I say detail or atmosphere to them then others not sure if it was different moles landscaping or they just did not know in the beginning which direction they wanted to go.

2 minutes ago, Shield Markus said:

Now I got timed out while homes showed....

I'm really scared to press the F5 key now.. xD 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have my chrome auto refresh set at 1.20!

and I still get timed out?  LL cut me some slack here 😂

2 minutes ago, Armani223 said:

I have my chrome auto refresh set at 1.20!

and I still get timed out?  LL cut me some slack here 😂

Hence why I don't use it anymore. 

Yes I do a mixture of auto and manual refresh, this is my 10th week of trying and yet still no luck 😔

1 minute ago, Armani223 said:

this is my 10th week of trying and yet still no luck 😔

It's frustrating, I know... But our time will come! 

• Like 2

Just now, Trinity1776 said:

Are today’s releases gone?

Doubt there was one.

Posted (edited)

It’s more difficult to tell with the limits on auto refresh...and I’m only doing manual refresh because the iOS app that did auto-refresh with keyword notification had a maximum interval of 30 sec.  So I easily could have missed one.

I’ve got something different to try on Wednesday. Friday is pretty much out because of, well, activities in the real world.

Edited by Trinity1776

I've been running autorefresh with 120 seconds since about 4 hours - not a single alarm.

And nobods here saw a house - let alone GET one :(

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I think about Patch Linden in Atlanta , east coast time.  If his SL day starts at 9:00 am. 6:00 am SLT. Right now for him is 4:35 pm. So 6:00 pm his day is done.  I don't think any region release today. 

Edited by Shield Markus