When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1169 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 minutes ago, Faydra Foden said:

Is there an update lately on how many trads/boats/cabins are available?

Comments in the thread show:

image.png.14c1b5266699a17fbbf33d461c18e4b6.png

Though the actual thread shows:

image.png.33d1bc2c7a64a0a33c7ceed0aecd82d6.png

@Patch Linden - When you edit the original post without adding a comment, the thread itself doesn't show as updated and thus also doesn't pop into our Notifications.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Comments in the thread show:

image.png.14c1b5266699a17fbbf33d461c18e4b6.png

Though the actual thread shows:

image.png.33d1bc2c7a64a0a33c7ceed0aecd82d6.png

@Patch Linden - When you edit the original post without adding a comment, the thread itself doesn't show as updated and thus also doesn't pop into our Notifications.

wow--its been over a week and still 3300 cabins and back to very few Trads, HBs and Vickies. 

That says something about what people want I guess...it gonna take a month to move these cabins!?

• Like 5

Thanks Faydra for that info! A couple of hours ago I let go a beautiful trad, one I would have loved to keep; however, I just didn't use it. My friends are going in the direction of cabins, but I find it becoming a waste of my time and money. It's a little disconcerting and makes me want to chuck all efforts, as I am quite happy with what I have. The only thing I can say is, it's fun playing the addictive and yet harmless lottery of homes. However, I have a few really nice cabins on my alts and would like another, but all I get are land locked cabins and I'd rather not have one and cancel my premium accounts, than one of the bad cabins. On the other hand, I just don't think there "really" is a "bad" Vic, as each one usually has some redeeming quality of beauty. I'll hang in a little longer, but I'm seriously considering saving myself a little money and then I think, "hey, this is your entertainment for a while". 

• Like 4

I agree @Alexxis Foxdale  and @Faydra Foden I have a very nice Trad and  my alt has a very nice Vic and I have been flipping through logs and just not seeing any I love.  I can't even justify keeping 2 linden homes in addition to my mainland plot, but I'm addicted to finding that perfect log cabin that doesn't seem like it's in a very expensive log ghetto.

• Like 4

Totally agree Kali. I also have land other than Linden land and have for the ten plus years I've been on SL. I kept my condo, until the Trad's opened and than switched to a Vic and I became addicted...  lol, it seems a vicious circle, but for now I'll keep giving it a go around and who knows, maybe a little luck will be on our side :) Also btw, late, late last night, EST, I caught a decent Vic, it's in one of the best older areas sooo that gave me a little hope. :) 

• Like 3

When I look at the number of houseboats, vics, and trads that aren't available; I'm quite surprised. As much as I love the environment of the log homes, I knew that I probably wouldn't embrace them. It took forever for me to land a houseboat, and I thought for sure, that I wouldn't ever give it up. Wonders never cease. I let my and my alt's houseboats go. I thought I might regret giving up my waterfront Grand View log home (it did have a grand view), but I haven't. What I have enjoyed is seeing all the themes on the land page and not having to click madly to see if I've gotten a spot that makes my heart skip a beat. That's been calming in these days of uncertainty. I thank the Lindens and Moles for keeping me entertained and distracted. 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

Things are more desirable when they're in limited supply.

Normally that would be my reaction. I don't have regrets about giving up my rare houseboats and my waterfront log home. I feel it's time for other folks to be able to enjoy the spots that I labored so hard to get. They were  random good luck.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, LilyRoseHolly said:

So if I give up my old house, can I actually get one of the new homes now? I've been loosely following and it looks like they're finally available more than they were?

Many homes are available in Bellisseria now so you would definitely get one ❤️

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Faydra Foden said:

wow--its been over a week and still 3300 cabins and back to very few Trads, HBs and Vickies. 

That says something about what people want I guess...it gonna take a month to move these cabins!?

4800 log cabins were created, and now only 3,300 homes remain - that means 1,500 log homes have been claimed since release AND there is very low inventory for Victorians and houseboats.

With the state of the world at the moment, and a lot of people worldwide concerned about their income stream, log cabins may be moving a bit slower than Linden Labs projected (I have ZERO insight on Linden Labs projections) is understandable.  I am confident that as the world opens back up and people are back to work or have more disposable income, the log homes will go faster. 

Additionally, I suspect there is a large population of premium members, and "senior" SL players (9+ years), who don't know about the new style Linden Homes/Community .  I am grateful to have stumbled across someone in the Helping Haven group who knew about the showcase and shared the link.  When I visited the log cabin showcase area, I fell in LOVE with the houses/theme, and upgraded to premium so I could have a SL home in the woods.  I picked up a Traditional (so I could learn about Linden homes in general), then changed out to a houseboat (to see another style home), then gave up the houseboat for a log cabin.

Some premium members had NO idea about the new Linden homes- A friend of mine has been in SL for 9+ years and had no idea log cabins were a theme/available until I talked to them about it - and now they have a BEAUTIFUL log home (have to admit I have location envy...but I am very happy for them).

In closing.....

To those who do not have alts, and have been searching for the right home - I hope you find the Linden home / community of your dreams - you will find it if you keep looking.

To those who do have alts - I hope each home you hold brings you joy/pleasure and you have time to "live" in each property....and if one of them does not - consider releasing - because it may be just right for someone who is still searching.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, rileyxrose said:

To those who do have alts - I hope each home you hold brings you joy/pleasure and you have time to "live" in each property....and if one of them does not - consider releasing - because it may be just right for someone who is still searching.

I think most or all of us do that already, as evidenced by many posts in this very thread. :) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1169 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.