When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I think most or all of us do that already, as evidenced by many posts in this very thread. :) 

Since I'm pretty new....I do see people releasing on alts....to go for something else...or hold a property and create/upgrade an alt to find something better.  The wonderful thing about Second Life is we can each enjoy it how we want because you can create your own reality space in a virtual world.  It is a beautiful thing and pray that everyone finds what they are seeking in Second Life.

And more importantly....

I pray that each of you remains healthy & safe as the world "battles" COVID-19.

Edited by rileyxrose
darn typo....and can't blame SURI....shucks...
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Pretty Bingo was also released this afternoon.  I believe all parcels are taken currently, but there are many folks in the region looking around, so some may become abandons.

(erm, the region is named Bingo, not Pretty Bingo, lol)

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 2

I don't know why folks would abandon Bugaboo, it's a great region.  I just spent a try on it now, but got a different region.  It's pretty, but also, from anyplace in Bugaboo, you can "jump" a boat to either the water in the loop it's on, or in the BIG LAKE to its east.  That lake is quite sail-able.  In fact, if I'm not mistaken, it has a rez zone in it too, so you don't even have to save the LI for your boat to rez on your parcel.

OOps, looking at the map again, I don't think Bugaboo has a rez zone. 

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I don't know why folks would abandon Bugaboo, it's a great region.  I just spent a try on it now, but got a different region.  It's pretty, but also, from anyplace in Bugaboo, you can "jump" a boat to either the water in the loop it's on, or in the BIG LAKE to its east.  That lake is quite sail-able.  In fact, if I'm not mistaken, it has a rez zone in it too, so you don't even have to save the LI for your boat to rez on your parcel.

What do they look like on the map the rez zones. Are they the little islands here and there that will be converted later to re zones?  I've yet to see one in the log home area, I've been looking around quite a bit there this last week. Do you know where there is one ? Cheers

Edited by Ethereal Silvercloud

They are really hard to spot on the map.  If you look at those 6-region river loops, there is always a rez zone in the upper rightmost region; so I'm sure there is one on Dallarna, but I would be surprised if there is one on Bugaboo.

Jon Ree has already put out a notecard listing rez zones in "East Bellisseria"; that is, LogLand.  Look in Bellisseria Citizens group notices.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Well, I can't answer for others, but I can tell you why I abandoned two parcels there. Neither was on water, and this alt I'm playing with is looking for one of those great lake spots. :) 

• Like 4

Four alts hunting mercilessly for days and not getting anything special (i.e. water). And then BAM! It was inspiring! Two of them got beautiful riverside log homes in Woodchuck and Windsock on the same day.  Fear not weary traveler! Your homes exist and are looking for you!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

Four alts hunting mercilessly for days and not getting anything special (i.e. water). And then BAM! It was inspiring! Two of them got beautiful riverside log homes in Woodchuck and Windsock on the same day.  Fear not weary traveler! Your homes exist and are looking for you!

Did this happen during daytime SLT releases or are they abandons? I'm trying to figure out when is the best time for my alt to be out and about. She's been striking out at night for the most part. 

When Patch Linden started his update of available homes, I think it was 47 Traditionals there and maybe 10 Victorians. I should have taken a screenshot, but I did not know he would only edit the single post. So it is no way to go back.

I think those Trads and Vics were the "tail" of those who abandoned when Log Land opened. Now that has cooled down, and it is mostly alts who play GoH. Those have already abandoned their Traditionals and Victorians.

I am sort of happy with my Log cabin. I do not think I can use another model of them, since they have their large windows facing the mailbox. I do not like that. The last and big cabin has so many rooms, I do not know what to do with them.

Very many Log cabins around the loop lakes have this setup: Road - mailbox -water. The side of the house facing water is the most boring side for 3 house types. So I have Overlook, the only model that I can use with the setup. That is not very different from the Traditionals, where I prefer Winchester.

I think that the landscape are darker and more depressing around the cabins, but that can be a reflection of my RL mood. I should be careful and don't abandon now, because I may regret it later. I regret that I abandoned Humansville very much. That is the only regret I have. It was a stupid move.

At the moment I have one Traditional in Hammond Park, one Victorian in Red Hook and one Log cabin in Artagan. If I decide to downgrade, it will be the alt who has the Artagan cabin.

Edited by Marianne Little
added a few words to clarify
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Back to the topic: Bugaboo released! 

Bugaboo has some of the best Log cabins locations on the strip of land between the loop lake and the big lake. It is so open and fresh there. The part of land that border the great lake is too narrow for new cabins, so it is not going to be houses blocking the view later.* Only trees and other landscaping.

*I can't be 100% sure of course. But it looks very narrow.

• Like 5

Good Friday morning everyone!! This morning I will be releasing a Victoria on Cantwell ..  Pond to the right Park land to the left and front and back have street .. very spacious lot!  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Cantwell/124/45/33.  Let me know if anyone is interested Plan on letting it go at 7:30 SLT if I have not had anyone request earlier 🙂  

Update:  got IMed and released it 

Edited by TarraMcBain
update
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Bugaboo has some of the best Log cabins locations on the strip of land between the loop lake and the big lake. It is so open and fresh there. The part of land that border the great lake is too narrow for new cabins, so it is not going to be houses blocking the view later.* Only trees and other landscaping.

*I can't be 100% sure of course. But it looks very narrow.

Yeah, I love that little strip area and had been watching for this release. I didn't get one of those few homes on the strip, alas, but at least I got to try for one. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

When Patch Linden started his update of available homes, I think it was 47 Traditionals there and maybe 10 Victorians. I should have taken a screenshot, but I did not know he would only edit the single post. So it is no way to go back.

I did save a screenshot - I'll grab it when I get back to my own computer later today.  I think your numbers are correct or pretty darn close at least.

6 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I think that the landscape are darker and more depressing around the cabins, but that can be a reflection of my RL mood. I should be careful and don't abandon now, because I may regret it later. I regret that I abandoned Humansville very much. That is the only regret I have. It was a stupid move

Not the only person that has mentioned that, and I think it is some of us feeling that way... I guess all this RL mess has had a huge impact on how we perceive things

Hang in there, by Summer it will all be different

Edited by Elena Core
Only was missing
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.