What themes of new Linden Home would you like to see implemented if you had a say?

Evangeline Arcadia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1797 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The new houses and houseboats seem to have been a hit, and new styles will be coming (eventually I hear). Great! I can't wait to see what LL roll out next. The new houseboat designs are really nicely done, but they, and the houses, aren't really my cup of tea, so I won't be trying to grab one on the next batch release. I have a first generation Meadowbrook house, and I love it! Two floors, spacious,  neighbours don't feel too close where I am, nice lot of grass around outside. I hope future themes will be as roomy (these new ones don't feel like it to me). I think it's gonna have to be something really cool for me to switch, until I eventually get forceably made homeless removed and have to choose...which is what I've read will eventually happen (sob sob). I'd love something similarly minimalist, with nice areas outside, and a decent view (not a brick wall like I've seen in some of the old houses...)

So if you could make the decisions about future LL homes, what styles/themes would you like to see?

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chad Marbach said:

It seems they will be coming out with styles that are near a beach, etc.  In this last posting by Patch Linden there is a picture of what looks like a nice beach house.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/435708-the-new-linden-homes-update-post/?do=findComment&comment=1899666

That "Beach house" is the Squishy Pickle on the new atoll off the coast of Belliseria.

• Like 1

I'd like to see a more urban style with steampunk town-houses.

3 hours ago, Chad Marbach said:

It seems they will be coming out with styles that are near a beach, etc.  In this last posting by Patch Linden there is a picture of what looks like a nice beach house.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/435708-the-new-linden-homes-update-post/?do=findComment&comment=1899666

Those are the houseboats; they're already released (and sold out).

Edited by Matty Luminos

5 hours ago, Chad Marbach said:

I really want a houseboat but I could go for one of those beach homes provided that part of the parcel is water... I'm a water rat so I need to be able to at least have a boat out there without having to go look for a rez zone... The house looks cozy too

I second "trailer park." The only downsides I see are that they might be very small inside, and people might tend to go full-theme and junk up the yards (which can be fun, just maybe not appealing to some.) I've done a few on mainland and always had a good time with it.

I also love futuristic places, and was excited about Horizons initially. That could have been a neat Linden Home theme. 

Cliff houses and mountain lodges would be great, also. A lake and/or caves nearby, hiking trails, overlook parks... 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

I think underwater homes could be really beautiful:)

I forget sometimes that there are places to explore in the sea, thanks for reminding me!

My big mainland community has an underwater theme to it... and there is a really good size community of Merfolk in Second Life.  I bet they would love an underwater continent.

• Like 2

I think a few sims designated commercial would be nice. For small art galleries, little outlet stores. Perhaps themed a bit like sailors cove or ERC. Hopefully some would take parcels there for little cafes and patisseries to complete the experience. Perhaps restrict the commercial parcel sizes to 512m2. 

Just an idea but it could be a nice addition. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Evangeline Ling said:

My big mainland community has an underwater theme to it... and there is a really good size community of Merfolk in Second Life.  I bet they would love an underwater continent.

Are they still around? I know there used to be a good size community, and I loved exploring their regions, but I hardly ever see one now. :(

3 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

I think a few sims designated commercial would be nice. For small art galleries, little outlet stores. Perhaps themed a bit like sailors cove or ERC. Hopefully some would take parcels there for little cafes and patisseries to complete the experience. Perhaps restrict the commercial parcel sizes to 512m2. 

Just an idea but it could be a nice addition. 

Some people have made cafes and pubs of their homes. I’ve been to at least 2 of each... the pubs several times :P

Edited by Walpurgisnacht
Knowing the difference between ‘their’ and ‘there’ when apparently my auto correct does not

18 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

[...] I have a first generation Meadowbrook house, and I love it! Two floors, spacious,  neighbours don't feel too close where I am, nice lot of grass around outside. I hope future themes will be as roomy (these new ones don't feel like it to me). [...]

So if you could make the decisions about future LL homes, what styles/themes would you like to see?

I agree with you that the new houses should be more spacious. At the expense of garden size, of course, because that would be the consequence.

Oooooh, mid century modern, yes please!

Also, I'd love to see a really minimalist style of home, with more windows than walls, and a big enough plot to have some trees for privacy (personally, I don't really mind if that means a smaller house - the old houses are way too big, for me anyway.)

Also, and not strictly house style I know ... but more houses on beaches. Lots and lots of beach houses. Minimalist beach house? Even better.

And also not house style, but I'd love it if they had a corner where it's always winter (I'm weird, I know), as long as the houses there are not all chalets. Or even then...

• Like 1

On 5/21/2019 at 9:49 AM, Evangeline Arcadia said:

I think beach houses would probably be quite popular.

Yes. I have a house on the beach, and I'd like a SoCal beach house, or an A-frame.

malibubeachhouse2.jpg.770168f1347a31d2db73adcd0583b95c.jpg

Not too far from the current theme.

beachhouse3.jpg.7739e62e0ade541bfe22dd58b17e9cac.jpg

Nice use of the hill. Not hard to model. It's a box on a box.

beachhouse1.jpg.88671ee940f26abf31b72b731e305e26.jpg

An exotic beach house. Oversize for Bellesaria, but this is just a concept for ideas, not something to copy directly.

At least we don't have to worry about sea level rise.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1797 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.