What themes of new Linden Home would you like to see implemented if you had a say?

Evangeline Arcadia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1790 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'd be down for a trailer park provided said trailers were open concept and still on 1024's.

I'd also like the option of smaller houses, close to 'fancy' single-room in-law suite. Again, only if they are available on a 1024 and perhaps even an option to existing home lots.

I'd like an option for a modern looking all glass, or more glass than solid walls. A play on modern shipping container homes. This may even offer a multi floor/deck combo like seen on the houseboats.

Mostly anything small and quaint with large yard space. Nothing like the McMansions that take up the entire plot.

Ohh and please! If there is a path from the road or sidewalk, please ensure it lines up properly. Or leave them out completely and allow the current resident to make a path if they so choose.

I'm always up for a fantasy setting, small medieval villages, the community areas could be towers, castles, and Inns.    I know this would never happen, but a tree city would be pretty neat as well.  Underground cavern homes, see, now my imagination is just running from me.

But yeah, a medieval setting would be fun.  

Trailers would be neat, kind of a hobo town setup, perhaps there could be a train that runs through the area.  .  Urban areas sound ideal for 512 lots as there would not be very much yard.  

• Like 1

I'd like to see mountain lodge with pine trees and aspens, my vote for the most beautiful place in the whole world is Truckee California, close to Lake Tahoe and the camp sites of the ill fated Donner Party.  I was lucky enough to live there for 5 years and it was Paradise on earth.  The home style there generally has large open spaces and lots of big windows and wood...many are built on stilts with a second story deck, keeping the central living area above the snow line.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, animats said:

beachhouse3.jpg.7739e62e0ade541bfe22dd58b17e9cac.jpg

Nice use of the hill. Not hard to model. It's a box on a box.

beachhouse1.jpg.88671ee940f26abf31b72b731e305e26.jpg

An exotic beach house. Oversize for Bellesaria, but this is just a concept for ideas, not something to copy directly.

At least we don't have to worry about sea level rise.

O, I'll take that beauchouse! :) What store is it from, please? So gonna buy that!

1 minute ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Would anyone be interested in a futuristic/space theme? Noone's mentioned it yet. I think that could look really cool. Perhaps it wouldn't be so popular?

I would want that too. :) But I think they already did that.

Just now, Gabriele Graves said:

I think @kiramanell maybe referring to the Horizons development by LL which are futuristic themed, however they are not Linden Homes.  The plots there were sold off at auction and are similar in concept to Nautilus City, Bay City and a few other "double prim areas".

Yes, I had forgotten the name. :) But Horizons, it was, yes.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

I think @kiramanell maybe referring to the Horizons development by LL which are futuristic themed, however they are not Linden Homes.  The plots there were sold off at auction and are similar in concept to Nautilus City, Bay City and a few other "double prim areas".

Thanks (and to Kiramanell) for the info! I hadn't realised that.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Thanks (and to Kiramanell) for the info! I hadn't realised that.

Yeah, as Gabriele said, those were not Linden homes (in the traditional sense of the term), but it was themed land nonetheless, they were selling off. My point just was, that I don't think they'll be doing a fururistic theme again any time soon, because of Horizons. Although, since Linden homes are a separate category, a girl can always hope. :)

• Like 1

I think I'd love to see LL have a wide variety of themes, from space, urban, beachy, rural to fantasy or surreal. I doubt however that they will have more than about 4 or 5 (going by the number of first generation themes).

But in a space like Second Life, which encourages creativity and the exploration of it, and is not restricted by 'real world' considerations such as whether something is really possible or not (e.g. we don't have sky boxes in RL do we?), I would hate to see just 'conventional' themes being implemented in the future. I mean why when they can create whatever they want in SL? Why not give us something more creative and unusual than what we would experience as the norm in RL? So themes such as underwater, space or perhaps others that I haven't even considered would be great in SL.

But again, maybe they wouldn't be as popular. Judging by the forum and rapid take up, people really seem to love the new houses, whereas my personal view is that they are too regular looking, urban, and small (rooms). I live in an urban area and don't want to go into SL to replicate the experience.....(yeah I have a meadowbrook themed house, so that might seem like a contradiction,  but I find it quite minimalist and like that,and it's so roomy,  with a lovely neighborhood, doesn't feel cramped, whereas the new house neighborhoods seem too cramped to me, plus I don't really like any of the other themes, so had to choose that one!). Maybe the general preference is for that which mimicks real life in second life? I recognise that I don't normally represent the norm lol!

• Like 2

anything added to current flow would have to flow naturally.

A region of trailer parks could work in an area south. 

Log cabin (modern A front ect) would be nice in the mountain hills.

Modern more glass front with nicer layouts might work.

Stone front ranch style homes perhaps. 

I don't see sci fi working wit the current flow. unless off on a seprate island area.

• Like 3

I would like medieval or countryside rural themes:

Mid century modern is the Meadobrook style - I definetely not like that but it has its fans

Replacing Tahoe there might be a mountain region with huts and a view . Not my personal choice but nice!

Replacing Elderglen there should be medieval themes. I would fancy that.

Victorian houses might be nice too.

And maybe "Lord of the rings" style would be a good theme for Elves ;)

44 minutes ago, anthonytorino said:

Town houses in a area could work, double story like houses but a town house configuration maybe wider so close to the other parcels but still having a nice back yard.

if the parcels were long (like some of the houseboat parcels) 16 x 64 then there could be terrace houses also. Butting the 16m sided walls up against a 4m wide building joiner piece to get that seamless terraced look.  That would be a big internal floor plan, 16 x 28 about. 16 x 8 about for the frontage, leaving something like 512m for a backyard garden 

Edited by Mollymews
building joiner piece

After more time to really think about this I definitely hope that whatever the next theme batch is that one of the types of houses is something with water access like the houseboats... Maybe a beach house type where each beach lot actually has water and a dock... I think some of the traditional houses tease access either to water or to a road... you might have the water right there but a rock outcrop or in many of the roadside houses you have a fence or impassible line of trees preventing you from creating a little driveway and a garage for a car....  

I'm highlighting something VERY important ACCESS to water and/or road... It would be nice if every lot has at least one and without any physical barriers that prevent you from using them without doing something derpy like having to move your car or boat over an outcropping of something.

This may be my only gripe about what I have seen in Bellisseria... The exception to this rule are the houseboats... They got the houseboats right for access... 100% of them have unhindered access to the waterways

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1790 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.