⚡ Linden Homes Security System ⚡

Patch Linden
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The security orb does work, just not consistently. While set for 15 seconds, it sometimes boots uninvited guests after 15 seconds, but has also not kicked in for up to 4 minutes. After tracking intrusions it appears to be a lot of newbies without payment info ( although a Belli resident was sitting on her horse in my side yard  for up to 4 minutes yesterday before being booted). The restriction to create ban lines is a mistake. I am not gonna start building ban lists for 1 or 2 time intruders who will more than likely never show up again, but it is the daily intrusion of 1 or more intruders that get to sit for 1 minute or up to 4 minutes that is annoying and constant. After speaking to a friend, they are also experiencing this. Keeping the option on so that avatars outside the parcel cannot see you is a great privacy option, but as someone said I am tired of an intruder popping up in my face uninvited into what is supposed to be my home. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ford Bebb said:

The security orb does work, just not consistently. While set for 15 seconds, it sometimes boots uninvited guests after 15 seconds, but has also not kicked in for up to 4 minutes. After tracking intrusions it appears to be a lot of newbies without payment info ( although a Belli resident was sitting on her horse in my side yard  for up to 4 minutes yesterday before being booted). The restriction to create ban lines is a mistake. I am not gonna start building ban lists for 1 or 2 time intruders who will more than likely never show up again, but it is the daily intrusion of 1 or more intruders that get to sit for 1 minute or up to 4 minutes that is annoying and constant. After speaking to a friend, they are also experiencing this. Keeping the option on so that avatars outside the parcel cannot see you is a great privacy option, but as someone said I am tired of an intruder popping up in my face uninvited into what is supposed to be my home. 

you can always boot by hand ...

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ford Bebb said:

After tracking intrusions it appears to be a lot of newbies without payment info ( although a Belli resident was sitting on her horse in my side yard  for up to 4 minutes yesterday before being booted)

suggest that you fence your property and see how that goes. Most people respect a fence if it means they would have to climb over it to get into your yard

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Ford Bebb said:

I'm curious what region you live in that gets so many "intruders". I rarely see more than 1 or 2 a week and I have no security and leave everything wide open. 

Perhaps neighborhood living isn't the best choice for you?

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I'm curious what region you live in that gets so many "intruders". I rarely see more than 1 or 2 a week and I have no security and leave everything wide open. 

Perhaps neighborhood living isn't the best choice for you?

Just pointing out a flaw in the security system. Mainland was just slightly worse. And if it's a neighbor welcoming me to the neighborhood thats one thing... thanks for the welcome to the neighborhood:)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ford Bebb said:

Just pointing out a flaw in the security system. Mainland was just slightly worse. And if it's a neighbor welcoming me to the neighborhood thats one thing... thanks for the welcome to the neighborhood:)

"i have several intruders every day!"

"Where?"

"I'm just pointing out a problem with the system."

🤔

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

20 minutes ago, Ford Bebb said:

I don't know what neighborhood you're in. That's why I asked. 

Welcome to the continent, though. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yukiyoki said:

I once visited LadyMacbain in my favorite swimwear and immediately got a ban, before I could look around! Be careful and take a lot of luck with ..

Oh, I don't think it was quite an immediate ban. I gave you several minutes. You were also naked, and not good naked, but noob naked. And then you attempted to make yourself at home, which you weren't. 

You had plenty of time to look around. Not my fault that you spent most of that bumping into a corner.

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

10 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

You had plenty of time to look around. Not my fault that you spent most of that bumping into a corner.

is nothing in the covenant that says we can't  provide a 15 second sightseeing tour of our home and parcel. For example there are lots of sights to see from way up in the sky above our parcel

other examples are like guards dogs that give accompanied tours. Love chickens as well, what give chicken hugs to our guests who sit on the ground because tired out after 5 seconds of our chickens thinking that our visitors toes are chicken feed

is lots of ways we can give our visitors lovingly attentive experiences, where we do all we can to make their visit memorable and enjoyable, in the short time they are with us 

😸

• Haha 3

On 7/29/2019 at 5:42 AM, Ford Bebb said:

My apologies if I was one of the ones who set off your security system. When I was test-driving the horse I forgot to set up "see property lines". That was the only time I ever got a warning message, and it was very polite - as I rode away it said "thank you for leaving".

On 7/29/2019 at 4:17 PM, Beth Macbain said:

Oh, I don't think it was quite an immediate ban. I gave you several minutes. You were also naked, and not good naked, but noob naked. And then you attempted to make yourself at home, which you weren't. 

Oh my, this is the best reply I've read in a long time, 😹

giphy.gif

• Haha 8

On 7/29/2019 at 10:17 AM, Beth Macbain said:

Can we call you “McBan”?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.