⚡ Linden Homes Security System ⚡

Patch Linden
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Good lord, people get touchy over the slightest thing. I hope they release some more homes soon so people will chill out. lol

If you mean me, sorry, wrong on all counts unless challenging people on what they say and disagreeing with someone is now considered "being touchy" but feel free to project further if you wish.  Oh and I already had a new Linden Home from the first wave and released it for someone else to have.  Try again. lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, kiramanell said:

Would probably be best if everyone just used the official Linden orb, I think. I will.

I think the real problem though is people that do not even know about the official Linden one or the Security changes.  That is likely why so many folks still have their personal ones set wrong.

If they knew about the Security changes, then they likely would have pulled the LL one or modified their own - then there would be no problem.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hmm, question. In my house i set the linden alarm with the original notecard copied and hen added my partners name. He is a two name person. He can enter just fine. Now he got a houseboat and I am doing his alarm same way as I did mine, so copy original notecard and added my name. I tried both iBrat and iBrat.resident, but I keep getting ejected. Unless I wear the grouptag. What I do wrong?

19 minutes ago, iBrat said:

Hmm, question. In my house i set the linden alarm with the original notecard copied and hen added my partners name. He is a two name person. He can enter just fine. Now he got a houseboat and I am doing his alarm same way as I did mine, so copy original notecard and added my name. I tried both iBrat and iBrat.resident, but I keep getting ejected. Unless I wear the grouptag. What I do wrong?

on the instruction notecard it says that you shouldn't have to put your own name on it if its your device. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, iBrat said:

Use your Premium Live Chat option and ask LL Support - they'll get you fixed right up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, iBrat said:

I would try iBrat resident - without a point with a space between the names

Time to remind the new residents about setting their security orbs.  I was flying over the new houseboats tonight and triggered this one:

'Alyssa_Security_Orb'
--Warning--
You have entered a private parcel, please leave now or you will be removed in 2 seconds.

Good thing I was in my jet cruising at 30m/sec - just made it through before losing it.

I sent her a polite IM with Covenant security orb rules.

• Like 2

On 4/26/2019 at 11:54 AM, Brinlea said:

400 seems excessive for the houseboats. What would a good recommended height be for them?

We need to have stores restaurants movie theaters all three bedroom homes

Shopping centers  in a region makes it more realer.

52 minutes ago, KINGxLOCO said:

We need to have stores restaurants movie theaters all three bedroom homes

Shopping centers  in a region makes it more realer.

The mainland has plenty of that.

Plenty of empty and unused "that", at that.

• Like 5

On 5/16/2019 at 3:34 AM, Shamu077 said:

Time to remind the new residents about setting their security orbs.  I was flying over the new houseboats tonight and triggered this one:

'Alyssa_Security_Orb'
--Warning--
You have entered a private parcel, please leave now or you will be removed in 2 seconds.

Good thing I was in my jet cruising at 30m/sec - just made it through before losing it.

I sent her a polite IM with Covenant security orb rules.

Last time I flew through the area, I saw a few of these. Also a bunch that are set to permissible times, but still alerting and booting people between 400 and 2000 meters, where there's supposed to be no orb activity at all.

Seems like the most effective way to solve the problem would be to get the orb makers to put out updates so that hopefully automatic updates would go out and automatically include the restrictions. I think orb makers would definitely do it if this were a worldwide thing. But will they eventually do it for just Bellissaria? 

But no matter how you do it, there's going to be an adjustment period. We're in that adjustment period. 

18 hours ago, Female Winslet said:

Last time I flew through the area, I saw a few of these. Also a bunch that are set to permissible times, but still alerting and booting people between 400 and 2000 meters, where there's supposed to be no orb activity at all.

1 hour ago, Gryphon Ronas said:

That post is simply Dyna explain how the LL security orb works.  People are still allowed to use there own, but they are supposed to set their own orbs to comply with the LL rules.  Some folks either haven't gotten that message or they don't care.

LL initially recommends sending an IM or notecard to anyone violating the security orb rules to inform them and refer them to their covenant.  If that doesn't work, then AR the orb.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That post is simply Dyna explain how the LL security orb works.  People are still allowed to use there own, but they are supposed to set their own orbs to comply with the LL rules.  Some folks either haven't gotten that message or they don't care.

LL initially recommends sending an IM or notecard to anyone violating the security orb rules to inform them and refer them to their covenant.  If that doesn't work, then AR the orb.

Yes, I know what that post is.  It was a response to a question I asked directly to Dyna.

I quoted that post, by the person who scripted the LL system, in response to the part of the post I quoted here where it referred to all areas between 400 and 2000 meters as being orb free.  According to that (which seems to be a reliable source, no?) it's 400 meters from the orb, so the actual orb free area is 500-1600 meters.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gryphon Ronas said:

I quoted that post, by the person who scripted the LL system, in response to the part of the post I quoted here where it referred to all areas between 400 and 2000 meters as being orb free.  According to that (which seems to be a reliable source, no?) it's 400 meters from the orb, so the actual orb free area is 500-1600 meters.

The exact altitude boundaries covered by the LL orb and any permissible orb are kind of a source of confusion. Moles and Lindens have said contradictory things. Perhaps @Patch Linden or someone could clarify exactly what the safe altitudes are meant to be? That could help avoid a bunch of erroneous ARs. 

3 minutes ago, Female Winslet said:

The exact altitude boundaries covered by the LL orb and any permissible orb are kind of a source of confusion. Moles and Lindens have said contradictory things. Perhaps @Patch Linden or someone could clarify exactly what the safe altitudes are meant to be? That could help avoid a bunch of erroneous ARs. 

It was because of that confusion that I asked Dyna how it works, I think the explanation offered was very clear and left no room for any doubt. And this by the person who apparently would know best, as the scripter of the system.

Of course, this being the SL forums, there will always be doubt and contradiction, because after all...  "All you did was invent and produce it, what make you think you actually know how it works?"  *shrug*

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gryphon Ronas said:

Yes, I know what that post is.  It was a response to a question I asked directly to Dyna.

Ahh, well since you gave the link to Dyna's post, but didn't add any comments, I was left guessing as to what you were actually meaning.

6 minutes ago, Female Winslet said:

Dyna's post spelled out exactly how the script is coded.  Those specifics result in the true safe zone being 500-1600 meters, as Gryphon said.

• Like 5

• Moles
5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Dyna's post spelled out exactly how the script is coded.  Those specifics result in the true safe zone being 500-1600 meters, as Gryphon said.

Thank you.  I thought my post was pretty clear and, indeed, you and Gryphon have read it correctly.   The plan has been to create a de facto safe zone for flying between 500m and 1600m and to give flyers above and below that zone a short but reasonable amount of time ( at least 15 seconds) to leave before being ejected from the parcel.  To make warnings obvious but not any more obnoxious than necessary, we've sent them in chat instead of dialog boxes.  At the same time, by giving landowners the option of setting a detection range of up to 400m, we have tried to keep prying eyes far enough away from living spaces so that you can enjoy privacy in your own parcel.  It is difficult to satisfy all of the legitimate needs of a neighborhood like Bellisseria, but we hope we have made compromises that most residents can feel comfortable and safe with.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

The LL orb warning you via chat rather than the usual dialog box is frankly brilliant. It's so unobtrusive for mouselook flyers like myself... no more coming out out of mouselook to click dialog boxes just because I was over someones property for a whole 3 seconds  😊

• Like 2

On 4/26/2019 at 7:32 PM, Blush Bravin said:
On 4/26/2019 at 7:28 PM, Abnor Mole said:

What I would do in that case if it were me and I was worried about that is create an object that would quietly scan the parcel. If it detects someone in the air "hanging out" 500 or 1000m in the sky and I'm on the parcel too, it would IM me "John288339 is hovering over your land". Then I could decide what I wanted to do about it. Ignore them? Manually eject them? Ban them? Maybe just IM them directly and ask "Can I help you?" so they know I know they are there. 

If only I knew how to script. :)

So if anyone who scripts out there would like to make a device like this and put it for sale ..... I'd certainly be in line to buy it as I'm sure others would find it valuable as well.

I created one and listed it on MP, but I've sent you a copy so you can use it right away.

• Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.