Patch Linden

⚡ Linden Homes Security System ⚡

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 85 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

39 minutes ago, Adair Warwick said:

This may seem ludicrously obvious to most, but bear with me, I am a Luddite.  

Great idea!  I love it.  Linden security system.  Um... where does one *obtain* said system? 

In your mailbox.  Its in in the content creation pack

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Miller Thor said:

@Patch Linden Is it allowed to use the Casper security system, which can be adapted almost exactly to the building and thus the object to be protected?

You are allowed to use any security system as long as it does not violate the covenant rules for security.  i.e. you cannot teleport home (use eject instead) and you must wait 15 seconds before doing anything and you cannot apply it to people in the 500-1600m range.

Edited the info above based on this post:

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Miller Thor said:

Is it allowed to use the Casper security system, which can be adapted almost exactly to the building and thus the object to be protected?

Yes, indeed.,  Your Linden Homes covenant says:

Security orbs are only allowed if they comply with the following restrictions:
     -Minimum of 15 seconds warning time (no shorter)
     -Eject from parcel only (not teleport them home)
     -Effective range cannot include the airspace between 400m and 2000m (to allow for people to fly overhead but not in the airspace where skyboxes are allowed)

If you are uncertain, there is a free security system provided in the Linden Homes Content Pack. It does not have the ability to be set in a manner that does not comply with these restrictions. Click on the house controller outside of your parcel (the one used for changing house models) to get the most current content pack sent to you.

The obvious advantage of using the Lab's system is that you know that it meets the covenant requirements (and it's free).  You are welcome to use another system that you may be comfortable with, as long as you adjust it to comply with the covenant.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 85 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.