⚡ Linden Homes Security System ⚡

3 hours ago, Josephina Bonetto said:

Script errors aside, the Linden Home security system has worked really well for me in keeping my SL perv free since I posted. I will never use security orbs anywhere else, but here it does help me get a bit of peace (my mainland plots are public "destinations" so I use my Linden Home for down time).

I did get a bit creeped out by that guy helping himself to my avatar while I was afk in my home. I know it wasn't "me" but it is still sinister somehow that someone does not need you to be mentally there in order to ...... finish. But that is a whole other debate LOL.

Well see, if you were there, they'd have to type with one hand.  Your absence means they've got a hand free to, oh I dunno, snap a selfie to put up on Fetlife.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s time to add a bit of Linden-approved security to your new homes! In the interest of creating a more welcoming community experience while still allowing for personal security, we’ve released

We use the same tools you do. We have no special abilities, no god powers, no secret upload portal that lets us give a mesh with a million triangles 1LI... To my knowledge the only thing we do have is

I encourage everyone to read and understand the rules on Adult Content before they file an Abuse Report. One of the most misinterpreted tenets is the assumption that nudity is always sexual and theref

Posted Images

Just now, Rabid Cheetah said:

Well see, if you were there, they'd have to type with one hand.  Your absence means they've got a hand free to, oh I dunno, snap a selfie to put up on Fetlife.

I AM DOMINATE!  I WILL DOMINANT YOU!  HEAR A PIKTURE ME DOMIBINANTING GIRL ONLINE!  I WILL DOMINANT YOU IN REAL LIFE YOU ARE NOW MY SLAVE MUST OBEY!

Ok, back to orb talk lol

So is there a way to override forced TP's?  My guess is no, else someone would be selling Cloaks of Orb-Cancelling on the MP.  I'd like to use it so that I can safely explore interesting mole builds, like Belli Stonehenge or that volcano near the log homes, without stumbling onto a booby trap that tp's me several kilometers away.

Heh heh hmmff hmmff you said "booby".

5 minutes ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

So is there a way to override forced TP's? 

Are you referring to the Forced Landing Points?  As far as I know, they can only be overridden entirely if your home is set there. They can be partially overridden if you are part of the land group and have the "ability" in your role.

I have forced landing point at one of my mainland locations.  An alt that has a home set on a platform in the sky can TP home.  Another alt that does not have home there, but is in the land group, will still initially end up at the forced location when she TPs to the parcel, but she can then do another TP to a different location and it will work.  

In thinking about it, for the one that can TP Home, if she actually used a different landmark and TP'd to it, I'm not sure if she'd go straight to her desired location or if it would behave like it does with the alt that is in the land group but does not have Home set there.  My guess is that it would.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Are you referring to the Forced Landing Points?  As far as I know, they can only be overridden entirely if your home is set there. They can be partially overridden if you are part of the land group and have the "ability" in your role.

I have forced landing point at one of my mainland locations.  An alt that has a home set on a platform in the sky can TP home.  Another alt that does not have home there, but is in the land group, will still initially end up at the forced location when she TPs to the parcel, but she can then do another TP to a different location and it will work.  

In thinking about it, for the one that can TP Home, if she actually used a different landmark and TP'd to it, I'm not sure if she'd go straight to her desired location or if it would behave like it does with the alt that is in the land group but does not have Home set there.  My guess is that it would.

Nope, I'm talking about you're wandering around that volcano 🌋 @Raspberry Crystal posted a slurl for in SSP (or was it When Did...), and suddenly you get a message about slipping into the lava or whatever, and get non-consensually telrported to the lodge in Campwitch.  On one hand it's cool and very Deep Space Nine to have discovered a wormhole, but on the other hand it's as annoying, explorationwise, as stepping on centimeter onto Paranoid Paula's Parcel and being insta-tp'd home.

1 minute ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

Nope, I'm talking about you're wandering around that volcano 🌋 @Raspberry Crystal posted a slurl for in SSP (or was it When Did...), and suddenly you get a message about slipping into the lava or whatever, and get non-consensually telrported to the lodge in Campwitch.  On one hand it's cool and very Deep Space Nine to have discovered a wormhole, but on the other hand it's as annoying, explorationwise, as stepping on centimeter onto Paranoid Paula's Parcel and being insta-tp'd home.

So it is either using something similar to a security orb - which you can't override - or it is using an Experience, which would be one of the automatic ones you get from LL and cannot get rid of.

So, my guess is "Nope, you are out of luck".  Or maybe it is tied to an Experience that you can remove permissions for - check your Experience list.

• Thanks 1
35 minutes ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

I'm talking about you're wandering around that volcano 🌋 @Raspberry Crystal posted a slurl for in SSP (or was it When Did...), and suddenly you get a message about slipping into the lava or whatever, and get non-consensually telrported to the lodge in Campwitch.

It's a feature, a dramatic special effect that we reserve for rare occasions when all the stars align and circumstances cry out for creative whimsy.  If you teeter on the edge of a volcano or go exploring in a hidden cave, you should be more wary than usual about odd moleworks.  Embrace the moment. When you're just walking down the street, minding your own business ... nah.  We don't do that sort of thing.  😇

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
2 minutes ago, Dyna Mole said:

It's a feature, a dramatic special effect that we reserve for rare occasions when all the stars align and circumstances cry out for creative whimsy.  If you teeter on the edge of a volcano or go exploring in a hidden cave, you should be more wary than usual about odd moleworks.  Embrace the moment. When you're just walking down the street, minding your own business ... nah.  We don't do that sort of thing.  😇

I pretend I just discovered a one-way wormhole.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure if people are aware, there is now a security system that complies with Belli covenant, but has a drop down when people enter the parcel to add them to the whitelist or eject them (cannot tp home). Don't think I can post the name here (not anything to do with me, not my company etc) but if you'd like to know, IM me

I would have thought most orbs could be set to comply with the covenant. An ancient one I have (no longer being sold) can be set that way, and also has the notification to owner to add to white list, etc. Just saying, I think that's a common feature. :) 

34 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I would have thought most orbs could be set to comply with the covenant. An ancient one I have (no longer being sold) can be set that way, and also has the notification to owner to add to white list, etc. Just saying, I think that's a common feature. :) 

It is, tho not sure about the height limits as most of mine can't be set that way, but it isn't able to be set to not comply with the covenant, others are.

1 hour ago, Liaa Nova said:

It is, tho not sure about the height limits as most of mine can't be set that way, but it isn't able to be set to not comply with the covenant, others are.

Yeah, I can see that might be handy, not having to worry about whether you set it in compliance. That's why I use the Linden one; I can't be bothered to set my old one properly. lol