Jump to content

⚡ Linden Homes Security System ⚡


Patch Linden

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Josephina Bonetto said:

Script errors aside, the Linden Home security system has worked really well for me in keeping my SL perv free since I posted. I will never use security orbs anywhere else, but here it does help me get a bit of peace (my mainland plots are public "destinations" so I use my Linden Home for down time).

I did get a bit creeped out by that guy helping himself to my avatar while I was afk in my home. I know it wasn't "me" but it is still sinister somehow that someone does not need you to be mentally there in order to ...... finish. But that is a whole other debate LOL.

Well see, if you were there, they'd have to type with one hand.  Your absence means they've got a hand free to, oh I dunno, snap a selfie to put up on Fetlife.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Rabid Cheetah said:

Well see, if you were there, they'd have to type with one hand.  Your absence means they've got a hand free to, oh I dunno, snap a selfie to put up on Fetlife.

I AM DOMINATE!  I WILL DOMINANT YOU!  HEAR A PIKTURE ME DOMIBINANTING GIRL ONLINE!  I WILL DOMINANT YOU IN REAL LIFE YOU ARE NOW MY SLAVE MUST OBEY!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, back to orb talk lol

So is there a way to override forced TP's?  My guess is no, else someone would be selling Cloaks of Orb-Cancelling on the MP.  I'd like to use it so that I can safely explore interesting mole builds, like Belli Stonehenge or that volcano near the log homes, without stumbling onto a booby trap that tp's me several kilometers away.

Heh heh hmmff hmmff you said "booby".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

So is there a way to override forced TP's? 

Are you referring to the Forced Landing Points?  As far as I know, they can only be overridden entirely if your home is set there. They can be partially overridden if you are part of the land group and have the "ability" in your role.

I have forced landing point at one of my mainland locations.  An alt that has a home set on a platform in the sky can TP home.  Another alt that does not have home there, but is in the land group, will still initially end up at the forced location when she TPs to the parcel, but she can then do another TP to a different location and it will work.  

In thinking about it, for the one that can TP Home, if she actually used a different landmark and TP'd to it, I'm not sure if she'd go straight to her desired location or if it would behave like it does with the alt that is in the land group but does not have Home set there.  My guess is that it would.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Are you referring to the Forced Landing Points?  As far as I know, they can only be overridden entirely if your home is set there. They can be partially overridden if you are part of the land group and have the "ability" in your role.

I have forced landing point at one of my mainland locations.  An alt that has a home set on a platform in the sky can TP home.  Another alt that does not have home there, but is in the land group, will still initially end up at the forced location when she TPs to the parcel, but she can then do another TP to a different location and it will work.  

In thinking about it, for the one that can TP Home, if she actually used a different landmark and TP'd to it, I'm not sure if she'd go straight to her desired location or if it would behave like it does with the alt that is in the land group but does not have Home set there.  My guess is that it would.

Nope, I'm talking about you're wandering around that volcano 🌋 @Raspberry Crystal posted a slurl for in SSP (or was it When Did...), and suddenly you get a message about slipping into the lava or whatever, and get non-consensually telrported to the lodge in Campwitch.  On one hand it's cool and very Deep Space Nine to have discovered a wormhole, but on the other hand it's as annoying, explorationwise, as stepping on centimeter onto Paranoid Paula's Parcel and being insta-tp'd home.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

Nope, I'm talking about you're wandering around that volcano 🌋 @Raspberry Crystal posted a slurl for in SSP (or was it When Did...), and suddenly you get a message about slipping into the lava or whatever, and get non-consensually telrported to the lodge in Campwitch.  On one hand it's cool and very Deep Space Nine to have discovered a wormhole, but on the other hand it's as annoying, explorationwise, as stepping on centimeter onto Paranoid Paula's Parcel and being insta-tp'd home.

So it is either using something similar to a security orb - which you can't override - or it is using an Experience, which would be one of the automatic ones you get from LL and cannot get rid of.

So, my guess is "Nope, you are out of luck".  Or maybe it is tied to an Experience that you can remove permissions for - check your Experience list.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

I'm talking about you're wandering around that volcano 🌋 @Raspberry Crystal posted a slurl for in SSP (or was it When Did...), and suddenly you get a message about slipping into the lava or whatever, and get non-consensually telrported to the lodge in Campwitch.

It's a feature, a dramatic special effect that we reserve for rare occasions when all the stars align and circumstances cry out for creative whimsy.  If you teeter on the edge of a volcano or go exploring in a hidden cave, you should be more wary than usual about odd moleworks.  Embrace the moment. When you're just walking down the street, minding your own business ... nah.  We don't do that sort of thing.  😇

  • Like 5
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dyna Mole said:

It's a feature, a dramatic special effect that we reserve for rare occasions when all the stars align and circumstances cry out for creative whimsy.  If you teeter on the edge of a volcano or go exploring in a hidden cave, you should be more wary than usual about odd moleworks.  Embrace the moment. When you're just walking down the street, minding your own business ... nah.  We don't do that sort of thing.  😇

I pretend I just discovered a one-way wormhole.  

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure if people are aware, there is now a security system that complies with Belli covenant, but has a drop down when people enter the parcel to add them to the whitelist or eject them (cannot tp home). Don't think I can post the name here (not anything to do with me, not my company etc) but if you'd like to know, IM me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I would have thought most orbs could be set to comply with the covenant. An ancient one I have (no longer being sold) can be set that way, and also has the notification to owner to add to white list, etc. Just saying, I think that's a common feature. :) 

It is, tho not sure about the height limits as most of mine can't be set that way, but it isn't able to be set to not comply with the covenant, others are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Liaa Nova said:

It is, tho not sure about the height limits as most of mine can't be set that way, but it isn't able to be set to not comply with the covenant, others are.

Yeah, I can see that might be handy, not having to worry about whether you set it in compliance. That's why I use the Linden one; I can't be bothered to set my old one properly. lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...

Sorry for the necro, but the Trick or Treat event has sent a lot of folks to parcels where security is noncompliant with the covenant.  Presumably a lot of those have been reported.  I have twice reported such in the past, and neither was ever addressed.

Which reminds me of a thot I had long ago: why doesn't LL use a bot for security enforcement? 

New security ARs would be put into a queue.  The bot would TP to the AR region and if the parcel had no one around it, move onto the parcel and wait 16 seconds.  If TP'd home or ejected before that time, do whatever policy dictates (e.g. send email and IM).  Then put the AR into a queue to check in 2 or 3 weeks.  If the parcel's security is still bad in 2 weeks,  then do something more punitive, like a short account suspension.  And if the parcel's security hasn't been fixed in ANOTHER 2 weeks, put the AR into a queue for a human to deal with it, possibly by revoking the parcel.

There would be more logic to handle revisiting busy parcels, etc..  But since the bot would always have the option to return the AR to governance to be addressed by a human, nothing would be lost.  I would think that programming the bot would be worth it just to get the bulk of security infractions off of support's  back.  (And besides, it would be fun to do).

 

 

 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/26/2021 at 1:45 PM, Nika Talaj said:

Sorry for the necro, but the Trick or Treat event has sent a lot of folks to parcels where security is noncompliant with the covenant.  Presumably a lot of those have been reported.  I have twice reported such in the past, and neither was ever addressed.

Which reminds me of a thot I had long ago: why doesn't LL use a bot for security enforcement? 

New security ARs would be put into a queue.  The bot would TP to the AR region and if the parcel had no one around it, move onto the parcel and wait 16 seconds.  If TP'd home or ejected before that time, do whatever policy dictates (e.g. send email and IM).  Then put the AR into a queue to check in 2 or 3 weeks.  If the parcel's security is still bad in 2 weeks,  then do something more punitive, like a short account suspension.  And if the parcel's security hasn't been fixed in ANOTHER 2 weeks, put the AR into a queue for a human to deal with it, possibly by revoking the parcel.

There would be more logic to handle revisiting busy parcels, etc..  But since the bot would always have the option to return the AR to governance to be addressed by a human, nothing would be lost.  I would think that programming the bot would be worth it just to get the bulk of security infractions off of support's  back.  (And besides, it would be fun to do).

 

 

 

So what's the plan when everyone just whitelists the bot?

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 10/31/2021 at 3:27 AM, Abnor Mole said:

So what's the plan when everyone just whitelists the bot?

Isn't that your job? It's your system, make a bot that can't be whitelisted. Make it invisible to all other users. Maybe it would take work, but as I've seen AR reports for non-compliant instant-TPing security orbs go unresolved for months, it doesn't seem like you have any better ideas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Ok so I have a question that pertains to both security in Bellisseria and the covenant. As we know, orbs that automatically add residents to the ban list are forbidden in Belli.

Over the past few months I have reported quite a few of these - where either myself, or other travellers, have simply flown overhead (like we are allowed to do), been instantly kicked from our aircraft, then automatically added to the ban list.

Now, whilst in time, these non-conforming orbs might be removed (i certainly hope they are), there is a much bigger issue, and this is that removing the orb does not remove the person from the ban list.

So you end up with a situation where, even if the orb is gone, you'll run into these ban lines. There is one such parcel on Bellisseria which has over 100 names on it - almost all of them being drivers / pilots from two of the largest travel groups in SL. Some of the people banned at this location are big contributors to SL, including owning large amounts of mainland providing things like airports etc for the community.

I realise that not everyone likes people flying around, and that's fine, but in this case these pilots are following the rules and simply flying overhead, in under the allotted 15 seconds time - yet they now need to constantly try and remember where all these parcels are in which they're banned so they can avoid them. I mentioned the worst parcel that i've encountered, but in fact there are several like that, usually with only 20-40 names on the ban list.

@Patch Linden  Is there a way that LL can enforce a ban list reset on parcels where they have a non-conforming orb?

And second to that, isn't it about time we just used the default LL security system, which works fine, and cannot be set up incorrectly?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello everyone. Let's hope some Mole or Linden get to see this post.

A friend of mine has been banned from the neighbor's property (all the residents in the surrounding homes have been added to this person's banned list), and now he keeps on seeing these weird ban lines when walking around his own home.

Despite reporting the problem, he still hasn't received a reply nor a solution. 

I guess the neighbor  has placed some kind of orb. Any ideas on how to proceed? The quickest fix would be derendering the lines using Firestorm, but it would be ideal if the Moles could take a look.

¡Gracias!

Edited by Elena Core
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Elena Core said:

Hello everyone. Let's hope some Mole or Linden get to see this post.

A friend of mine has been banned from the neighbor's property (all the residents in the surrounding homes have been added to this person's banned list), and now he keeps on seeing these weird ban lines when walking around his own home.

Despite reporting the problem, he still hasn't received a reply nor a solution. 

I guess the neighbor  has placed some kind of orb. Any ideas on how to proceed? The quickest fix would be derendering the lines using Firestorm, but it would be ideal if the Moles could take a look.

¡Gracias!

 Orbs that automatically add people to the parcel ban list are against the covenant for this very reason. Unfortunately we are not able to remove people from a ban list once they are on it. The owner of the parcel would have to do that.  Residents can always choose to add anyone they wish to their parcel ban list for whatever reason or even no reason at all, they just cannot use an orb to do it for them automatically. Removing people from the list is by their discretion.

Honestly, the best way to proceed might be for your friend to message the neighbor and ask if they would be kind enough to take them off the list... that as their neighbor they respect their privacy, have no ill intent and just don't want to have to see the ban lines... keeping in mind the person can always decline the request or chose not to respond at all. 😟

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...