⚡ Linden Homes Security System ⚡

Patch Linden
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 190 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Help! Just moved into my Linden House, and all was working...until it wasn't. The Security System is one where I have to use the website to edit the house. Sadly, That website keeps coming up with an ERROR. I can't turn off the security. I cannot open the curtains; basically, I cannot do a single thing there and I have nobody to talk to about it. Do I give up the house?

11 minutes ago, boridiva Seda said:

Help! Just moved into my Linden House, and all was working...until it wasn't. The Security System is one where I have to use the website to edit the house. Sadly, That website keeps coming up with an ERROR. I can't turn off the security. I cannot open the curtains; basically, I cannot do a single thing there and I have nobody to talk to about it. Do I give up the house?

If it's one of the older Linden Homes where all the house options are on a web page, then you can contact Live Chat which is available every day from 6 AM SLT/PST to 2 PM SLT/PST and they can reset things for you. 

Live Chat : Linden Lab (freshdesk.com)

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

The image you posted shows that you're in one of the old LL premium homes (Meadowbrook).  Those do not have a mailbox containing the Security system. The mailbox containing the LL security system, as well as texture boxes and various decor, only comes with the newest generation of LL homes, on the continent of Bellisseria

• Like 1

You are in the new Linden Homes, in Bellisseria, right?  The mailbox (House Controller) is right out in front of the house, at the street.  In the email you got when you selected your home, it gave you the SLURL to the parcel.  You can recover it from your dashboard at secondlife.com >>> Land Manager >> My Mainland.

For more information about your Linden Home, read 

Edit:  See  

for the section about the House Controller

Edited by Rolig Loon
Additional information
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

That's an old-style Linden Home.  If you meant to register for a new one, you'll need to abandon that one and try again.  You're right, there is no mailbox or security system for those old ones.

Can't you still control "who can access" at the parcel level, the "old way"?

29 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Can't you still control "who can access" at the parcel level, the "old way"?

Yup. And you can buy a commercial security orb too. You have different security options in the old LH regions than in Bellisseria. You just don't have their dedicated security system. 

• Thanks 1

Ok The newer homes were just way to small. Walking around them you were always looking outside and had to zoom in so close to you avatar. Thus the reason for the older home. I was bigger. More Room. So who makes a security system that would work with the older homes?

Rebecca0067

9 hours ago, Rebecca0067 said:

Ok The newer homes were just way to small. Walking around them you were always looking outside and had to zoom in so close to you avatar. Thus the reason for the older home. I was bigger. More Room. So who makes a security system that would work with the older homes?

Rebecca0067

funny, the complaint about many of the newer linden homes is that they are too big. It is possible that you were looking at a Traditional Stye home, as those are small. I recommend you look at some of the other styles, such as fantasy, newbrook, victorian for example. If you would like to see a newbrooke home, you can come look at mine ... I think you will find that it is quite large: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Okay Pop/64/61/22

• Like 2

Well I l looked on MP and there is not very much on Security Orbs or anything like that. I did see SySco Security System and oh my  what a waste of lindens. I razzed it clicked on it. and it say's I can't use it. Suppose to be a group, but that is a laugh. NO ONE THERE. Any idea of what search nomenclature I should use in my search? The term Security Orbs only gives one page. 

4 minutes ago, Rebecca0067 said:

Well I l looked on MP and there is not very much on Security Orbs or anything like that.

Hmmm.. When I search for just Security, I get 62 pages of products.  According to their count, that's 5946 items.  As usual, a very high number of them are bogus things only vaguely related to security orbs (or even to "security"), but I've stopped wondering about that search algorithm years ago.  Even discounting all the garbage, there are tons of security orbs.  I do not have a recommendation, because I have never found a need for such a thing myself, so I'm sorry I can't tell you which ones are good and which are worthless.

As you look, though, try to look for ones that would let you satisfy the Bellisseria covenant if you were actually living there.  It's a decent set of criteria:

*Security devices are only allowed if they comply with the following restrictions:
     -Minimum of 15 seconds warning time (no shorter)
     -Eject from parcel only (not teleport them home)
     -Effective range cannot include the airspace between 400m and 2000m (to allow for people to fly overhead but not in the airspace where skyboxes are allowed)
     -Does not add names of ejected persons to the parcel ban list automatically

Generally speaking, orbs that cannot meet those criteria are annoying, to say the least. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I think Rebecca is updating to bellisseria so she wont need to buy a security system.

An excellent choice.  If you are helping her, please encourage her to poke through all the stuff in the mailbox. As you know, there's a lot in it, and the Knowledge Base article and her friendly neighbors are great resources too.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 2

So Rebecca came over and saw my newbrooke, which was not too small for her. She ended up getting a newbrooke herself -- and with beginner's luck, she landed a nice location. I showed her how to get the security system and content creation pack out of the mailbox and she is all set and is now a happy Bellisseria resident.

Welcome to Bellisseria Rebecca :)

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 190 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.