⚡ Linden Homes Security System ⚡

Patch Linden
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 193 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You know...I see a great deal of yay that works and thank you that is perfect but from my perspective, 15 seconds...far too long.  It should only take someone who is 'just flying through' no more than 5 seconds to move along after getting the message.  Only reason anyone would hang around that long is to do something that they shouldn't be doing.  We pay for the pleasure of having our own home, one we can control enough so that we feel safe and protected while still enjoying the wonderful world of SL.  Hard to do that when you come back after being afk for even a little bit and some random stranger is violating you because they have 15seconds to do so.  It's far too long with as many.....unsavory characters as there are in SL.  I get making sure someone has warning but as small as these parcels are, even with a great deal of lag, 5seconds are far too generous of a time in my opinion.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

11 hours ago, Lunasmurf Cannned said:

You know...I see a great deal of yay that works and thank you that is perfect but from my perspective, 15 seconds...far too long.  It should only take someone who is 'just flying through' no more than 5 seconds to move along after getting the message.  Only reason anyone would hang around that long is to do something that they shouldn't be doing.  We pay for the pleasure of having our own home, one we can control enough so that we feel safe and protected while still enjoying the wonderful world of SL.  Hard to do that when you come back after being afk for even a little bit and some random stranger is violating you because they have 15seconds to do so.  It's far too long with as many.....unsavory characters as there are in SL.  I get making sure someone has warning but as small as these parcels are, even with a great deal of lag, 5seconds are far too generous of a time in my opinion.

Sometimes people need time to rez their surroundings and may not be able to move in a direction to get them off your land. I give people 60 seconds. What are they going to do, shoot you?

• Like 4

15 seconds for such small parcels is probably generous, but likewise 5 seconds is probably unreasonably short. 

Someone flying overhead in a balloon for example wouldn't be travelling fast enough to make it through in time.  Considering LL supply many balloon rezzers in Bellisseria (in the Chalet area) its reasonable to assume they are expecting at least some people to use them, unhindered.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Lunasmurf Cannned said:

Hard to do that when you come back after being afk for even a little bit and some random stranger is violating you because they have 15seconds to do so.  It's far too long with as many.....unsavory characters as there are in SL.  

I know that data cannot allay such anxiety; perhaps you've had experiences in your RL which inform your feelings.  But ... for most of Belli's history I've had at least 3 homes in very desirable locations.  I have always used my visitor recorder script, which lists the duration and avatar name/UID of every visit, no matter if it is a repeat.  Right after a new theme opens, I see a few people bumble through as they explore the regions.  And then it dies down to about 2 very brief visits, obviously "fly-throughs", a month across all properties.

Be aware that if you have a water property and someone's boat goes out of control, it can be very disorienting and it may take them several seconds to realize that, while their boat zooms away, they've been bumped out.  Particularly if your property is next to a sim boundary. 

I have never had a griefer of any sort stop by any of my Belli properties when I've been present.  I did have a little boy come by and offer to mow the lawn♥️ And I had a mermaid visit to chat and ask about what it's like living in that area.  Always wise to have some lemonade and cookies out for these "unsavory characters".

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 7

21 hours ago, Lunasmurf Cannned said:

Hard to do that when you come back after being afk for even a little bit and some random stranger is violating you because they have 15seconds to do so.  It's far too long with as many.....unsavory characters as there are in SL.  I get making sure someone has warning but as small as these parcels are, even with a great deal of lag, 5seconds are far too generous of a time in my opinion.

Personally, if I had THAT type of problem, I would change my parcel security to use a "whitelist".  Nobody NOT on the list could access the parcel at all.

I am sure someone will reply if this is not an option with Bellisseria homes. 🙂

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Personally, if I had THAT type of problem, I would change my parcel security to use a "whitelist".  Nobody NOT on the list could access the parcel at all.

I am sure someone will reply if this is not an option with Bellisseria homes. 🙂

Not for the whole house... but nothing stopping someone adding security to furniture to only allow group. If someone is really concerned that random people might sit on sex furniture with them when they're afk, this is the solution. Not an extreme ban list causing issues for everyone out exploring who clip the corner of the parcel.

You could also consider having some furniture that is single person and PG for when you want to afk, like a nice armchair or something.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

nothing stopping someone adding security to furniture to only allow group.

If anyone wants a script that does this, send me a private message.  Particularly useful if you want to use a piece of furniture outside that just happens to be adult.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 193 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.