⚡ Linden Homes Security System ⚡

Patch Linden
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 184 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I still think you need to have community's with different maturity levels as in adult and G to not leave any one out. as I would hate to be doing adult things with my partner and some one walks in snaps a shot and reports us and she and I  get kicked out of SL for it. I was told long ago you can do these things in your home by lindens. closed doors . 

Edited by Boyd Wolfhunter
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Boyd Wolfhunter said:

I still think you need to have community's with different maturity levels as in adult and G to not leave any one out. as I would hate to be doing adult things with my partner and some one walks in snaps a shot and reports us and she and I  get kicked out of SL for it. I was told long ago you can do these things in your home by lindens closed doors . 

This was covered in the forum somewhere else. LL are likely to ignore any such reports because you've taken "all reasonable steps" to ensure your adult activities are done in the privacy of your own residence.

• Like 4

@Patch Linden

What I'm wondering is with there being a ceiling on the system, it seems it would be possible for someone to fly above that ceiling and inside the parcel and then just hang out up there taking pics or whatever and not be removed by the system? Am I reading that wrong? If this is the case is it possible to change the parameters of the option that limits whether people outside the parcel can see and hear what you are doing so that those who are 100m in elevation cannot see inside the parcel below 100m?

Update: After someone in this thread posted and I confirmed their findings, I'm happy to say that someone has to be within 30-40 meters of a person in order to see them when the box, Avatars on other parcels can see and chat with avatars on this parcel, is unchecked. So my question to Patch is no longer applicable! :D 

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

My mailbox isn't delivering anything atm, and what I am hearing is that the security orb is 5Li. Are we able to pull the script and put it into another object of our choosing?

The object has buttons and bars you have to press. I was able to drop the scripts into a rock, but the rock lacks the "here" button that sets the location.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

@Patch Linden

What I'm wondering is with there being a ceiling on the system, it seems it would be possible for someone to fly above that ceiling and inside the parcel and then just hang out up there taking pics or whatever and not be removed by the system? Am I reading that wrong? If this is the case is it possible to change the parameters of the option that limits whether people outside the parcel can see and hear what you are doing so that those who are 100m in elevation cannot see inside the parcel below 100m?

You were able to do that with ban lines also.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Brinlea said:

The object has buttons and bars you have to press. I was able to drop the scripts into a rock, but the rock lacks the "here" button that sets the location.

Well shoot. I was actually starting to relax and not even worry about an orb.....that is, until I just had to report, block and ban some moron. Put me right back at square one of being a hermit. What that slug did was way too close to what my ex (aka the stalker) used to do.

12 minutes ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

My mailbox isn't delivering anything atm, and what I am hearing is that the security orb is 5Li. Are we able to pull the script and put it into another object of our choosing?

It's in the contents pack, number 6 in the mailbox, the one with flowers and textures.

I am testing it now. 5 LI is too heavy. My whole garden shed is 4 LI.

Glad to hear we can keep our own, with the same settings.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Marianne Little said:

It's in the contents pack, number 6 in the mailbox, the one with flowers and textures.

I am testing it now. 5 LI is too heavy. My whole garden shed is 4 LI.

Glad to hear we can keep our own, with the same settings.

My problem was that my mailbox wasn't giving me anything at all. Not a big deal tho. I will just adjust my hummingbird to the allowed specifics and put it back out. And then test it with my poor alt again lol she is probably tired of getting flung around by ejects.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Rachel1206 said:

@Patch Linden

What is the rationale behind 400 meters height? I would have loved to see a maximum height of 100 meters allowing us to fly and enjoy the view of the landscape below and building structures etc.

That's what my question was about, though it seems like I was misunderstood. It seems like 100 is plenty high, but I wondered if there was something I was missing that makes 400 necessary for some people.

3 minutes ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

I'm a bit confused by the range too. The maximum range is 400m, but it won't operate at under 100m - so this means, if you live on the ground, it works between 101-400m and that's it?

I read it to mean that the system won't work if you place it between 100 and 2000m. Keep it placed outside of that range and it will work as stated. Maybe I'm wrong?

1 minute ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

My problem was that my mailbox wasn't giving me anything at all. Not a big deal tho. I will just adjust my hummingbird to the allowed specifics and put it back out. And then test it with my poor alt again lol she is probably tired of getting flung around by ejects.

For some of us the mailboxes got broken during some update and we all had to file tickets.

• Like 1

• Moles
6 minutes ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

I'm a bit confused by the range too. The maximum range is 400m, but it won't operate at under 100m - so this means, if you live on the ground, it works between 101-400m and that's it?

It will not operate if the unit itself is placed above 100m. You cannot set it to run if it is over 100m (or until you get to 2000m, in which case it works again). It still scans for avatars above and below the unit within the range you set. The *maximum* area it would be effective in at ground level is 0-400m

Edited by Abnor Mole
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 9

Just now, Odaks said:

I read it to mean that the system won't work if you place it between 100 and 2000m. Keep it placed outside of that range and it will work as stated. Maybe I'm wrong?

That is correct; it's to help prevent platforms being set up between 100 - 2000.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 184 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.