⚡ Linden Homes Security System ⚡

Patch Linden
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

56 minutes ago, AngieRath said:

A very big disadvantage is that outside the 400m zone everyone can zoom in and see you. That doesn't really have anything to do with privacy. :(

On page 5 of this thread @LittleMe Jewell and @Mollymews posted that this was tested and proved not to be the case.  No one can zoom in and see you, so no need to worry!  Our pixel privacy is protected! 😉 

Edited by BJoyful
Added @Mollymews

10 hours ago, Gryphon Ronas said:

I am still waiting to see if anybody will see the big pink elephant standing tap-dancing in the middle of the room.

Is the big pink elephant’s parcel visibility checked or unchecked?  Am I on the parcel ...or just cramming in? 😉 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, s2Pandora said:

I have tested it also and could not see my boyfriend at 50m away from him, on our parcel. I do have parcel set to invisibility.

That's not what it's about, it's about when someone is on your parcel at an altitude of over 400m.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AngieRath said:

That's not what it's about, it's about when someone is on your parcel at an altitude of over 400m.

Well i've not seen him that far away either(I tested many altitudes when i'd done it), so I have no idea why it's working for some and not for others.

Edited by s2Pandora
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, s2Pandora said:

Well i've not seen him that far away either(I tested many altitudes when i'd done it), so I have no idea why it's working for some and not for others.

You are welcome to send me a TP for testing. ;)

Just now, AngieRath said:

Of course I do. That's the first thing I learned about Linden Homes. *grin

I’m sorry that your test proved it failed, but I guess at least you know for sure now and hopefully you’ll be able to take some precautionary measures?  I hope it won’t affect your enjoyment of the rest of the pleasures of Bellisseria. 🙂

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AngieRath said:

I'm afraid that's not true. I also tested it myself.

At what distance did you test this?  You have to have the box checked and you be at or below 500 m and whomever is trying to peek has to be above the 500 m level.

Anyone within the 500 m area is able to be dealt with via the security orb.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AngieRath said:

You are welcome to send me a TP for testing. ;)

I can once I go home from looking through the many events open atm. Mind you I have no sky platform on my plot, nor was my test done there(it was done on my private rented land elsewhere).

18 minutes ago, AngieRath said:

Now I’m curious to know if the same holds true over the old Linden homes?  Is there a way you can test this on the old Premium continents?  Which viewer(s) were used, if you know?

Edited by BJoyful
Additional afterthought

4 minutes ago, BJoyful said:

Now I’m curious to know if the same holds true over the old Linden homes?  Is there a way you can test this on the old Premium continents?

With the old Linden Houses that wasn't possible. There was no height restriction. The security there was set to 'parcel'.

24 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

At what distance did you test this?  You have to have the box checked and you be at or below 500 m and whomever is trying to peek has to be above the 500 m level.

Anyone within the 500 m area is able to be dealt with via the security orb.

It was a height of 590m. That means nothing else than that there is no privacy above a height of 500+. 

Okay so on to what @AngieRath is talking about. I had tested the height and view in other places and it worked. I was unable to see people from even 50m away, however the parcel I got in Belli last night I can see from over at least 150m away(I stopped there because f it). Would it have something to do with Bell's region settings? Though if others are working it fine as I do elsewhere, then i'm totally stumped.

Edit: Oh, thanks for bringing that up, @Whirly Fizzle! The other places I tested do in fact have people on the ban list(ex-neighbor's nosy 1-night-stands or bots). I'll grab a bot name from my rented place and see what happens.

Okay, yes, that made it so that I cannot view from 50m+. You're awesome, Whirly. 😃

Edited by s2Pandora
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Be aware of this gotcha when testing & using the parcel privacy feature - how it works depends on whether you have an empty parcel ban list or not.

BUG-37601 - Parcel privacy only works as expected when at least one agent is on the parcel ban list

The parcel ban also refers to the parcel - so that has nothing to do with the fact that not banished neighbours can see you from a height of 500m+.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, AngieRath said:

The parcel ban also refers to the parcel - so that has nothing to do with the fact that not banished neighbours can see you from a height of 500m+.

Do you have someone on your ban list? If not, you should try adding someone and seeing if it works for you before dismissing what Whirly said. Who knows, it might solve your issue.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, AngieRath said:

I tested it with my fiance, who is clearly not banned, haha.. He stood in the house, I moved myself up to 80-400m, and was unable to see him below(this would be the same 500m+ as our home parcel is set this same way now, and I was unable to see him).

I added a bot name to my banned list as Whirly stated. Before doing so, I could see my boyfriend below. After, I could not. With the privacy set so avatars off parcel can't see you, your neighbors shouldn't be able to see you either unless they are on the ground, waltz on to your property, and see you in the 15 seconds before kick.

Edited by s2Pandora
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Do you have someone on your ban list? If not, you should try adding someone and seeing if it works for you before dismissing what Whirly said. Who knows, it might solve your issue.

Yeah, I tried that with the ban list.
But it is not my personal problem. I think a lot of people here don't understand exactly what I mean. Of course you are excluded. ;)

3 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:
3 hours ago, AngieRath said:

A very big disadvantage is that outside the 400m zone everyone can zoom in and see you. That doesn't really have anything to do with privacy. :(

You might test for yourself to see, but I’m pretty sure it’s been posted that this is not the case.

When a parcel has "hide avatars in this parcel" enabled, the parcel gets divided into two sections by height.

1. Ground level + some height. (probably the same height as ban lines)
  2. Anything above #1.

Let's say that #1 is up to 100 meters. If you are at 101 meters or higher, you can't see anyone at 100 meters or lower. However you can see everybody above you, no matter how high they are. I deal with this often, so I guarantee that this is the case.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.