⚡ Linden Homes Security System ⚡

Patch Linden
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

I created one and listed it on MP, but I've sent you a copy so you can use it right away.

Do you know about other than LL orbs that warn in chat? I have several orbs from different creators, and all use that annoying blue pop up. I am out after a 1 LI orb, that is mod, so I can put the script in a piece of furniture. Not that I use it now, but I like to know where to find one if I need it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marianne Little said:

Do you know about other than LL orbs that warn in chat? I have several orbs from different creators, and all use that annoying blue pop up. I am out after a 1 LI orb, that is mod, so I can put the script in a piece of furniture. Not that I use it now, but I like to know where to find one if I need it.

I don't know anything about security orbs, I don't use them myself. The one I made only messages you when a stranger enters your parcel (and only once, until they leave and come back).

• Like 1

Just now, Wulfie Reanimator said:

I don't know anything about security orbs, I don't use them myself. The one I made only messages you when a stranger enters your parcel (and only once, until they leave and come back).

Yes, I got that. It is annoying that the sellers of security products is informing about their products so badly. I didn't even know that warning in chat was possible.

Blue window and send home is standard for the Marketplace rubble. The LL security is free... but I don't want to use 5 LI.

12 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I use the security orb from NeurolaB Inc it has many features and only warns in chat for the intruder no pop up been using it for years with no issues at all it is 3 LI the one I use is this KRAY-5 AIO PRO MANAGEMENT+SECURITY SYSTEM (Multi Owners+HUD) [NeurolaB Inc.] it's more expensive but has more features they also have a cheaper one for home security ORB PRO V.5 Land/Home Security Multi Owners (Copy) [Neurolab Inc.]  I've been real happy with their products. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/27/2019 at 10:34 AM, Atina0 said:

although  im glad with the new security system provided by Linden  ,sadly lots of resident set it up at zero seconds  ,so i have been teleporting home several times with no warning at all   ,no fun when your exploring your neightbourhood

I know this is an old post, but only LH orbs can be used now. They can not be set at anything less then a 15 second warning and under 400m. Orbs can not conflict with peopel flyign between certain heights. Other orbs break the terms. So if someone is using a Non LH security orb that is set in that manner, report it. Generaly they will simply warn the puerson first, and return the item. Later they will be adding common ones that violate the covenant and terms to an auto ban list on the estates.

Just as a warning, if you have a low second warning system that ejects a person flying above 600m and below 1500 , liek a friend who is a stubborn block head, you may loose yoru parcel. he refused to remove his and kept putting it out and they ejected him.

On 5/10/2019 at 12:56 AM, Gryphon Ronas said:

So does mine, because I read the directions and set it up that way. They only do what you tell them to do.

But explain please how removing the freedom of choice for others and requiring the use of the LL one will make the improper ones magically disappear? They are illegal now, they wold be illegal then.  If there is no active enforcement - rules are useless.

If they want to restrict it to official only, well...  We can still enable damage.

The updated terms state the LH Security orb must be used now. If you do use you own, it at yoru risk. It can not eject people in fly zones, and it can not be less the 15 seconds warning with a pop up. 

I've seen many not complying when peope lthink they do and peopekl are getting messages at 700-1500m and that is a no no.

2 minutes ago, anthonytorino said:

The updated terms state the LH Security orb must be used now.

Can you provide a link for where it says that? There have been no announcements that I have seen, especially in the threads here, saying that ONLY the Linden orbs can be used. All I have seen is that if you use your own orb, you have to set it to the approved settings. I'd like to read this for myself.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 2

Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Can you provide a link for where it says that? There have been no announcements that I have seen, especially in the threads here, saying that ONLY the Linden orbs can be used. All I have seen is that if you use your own orb, you have to set it to the approved settings. I'd like to read this for myself.

You msut not follow linden posts. Rfer to Constantine Lindens info, refer to Covenant.

- Ban lines will go away for Linden Homes starting 6am SLT on Wed April 17th

- Linden-supplied security orbs will be distributed via the Linden Homes Content Creation Packs early next week

- Personal security orbs/devices will be allowed from the above date until approved security orbs are distributed (and not after)

Updated :

Residents must now use the provided LH Security Device provided to you in the content package for your house.

Just now, anthonytorino said:

You msut not follow linden posts. Rfer to Constantine Lindens info, refer to Covenant.

- Ban lines will go away for Linden Homes starting 6am SLT on Wed April 17th

- Linden-supplied security orbs will be distributed via the Linden Homes Content Creation Packs early next week

- Personal security orbs/devices will be allowed from the above date until approved security orbs are distributed (and not after)

Updated :

Residents must now use the provided LH Security Device provided to you in the content package for your house.

Where is the link to that? I don't know what to follow if you don't show me where you got that info from. 

• Moles
7 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

All I have seen is that if you use your own orb, you have to set it to the approved settings.

That is correct.  You may use your own security system if you wish, but it must be set to meet the same standards as the one that we distributed:

• It must only Eject, not send the person home
  • It must give at least a 15 second warning before ejecting
  • It must not detect people outside your own parcel
  • It must not eject people who are at altitudes between 500m and 1600m.

Preferably, it should give warnings in chat rather than in a dialog box, but that is not required.

Edit:  Constantine Linden's note was posted before we distributed the Security System and was superceded when it was launched. 

Edited by Dyna Mole
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

OK that edit is dated 4/16/19. Yet the very first post in THIS thread, by Patch Linden, is dated 4/26/19. It says:

We feel as a compromise, at the present you may only use other security systems that conform to the same Linden Homes Security System standards (warning time no shorter than 15 seconds, no greater detection range than 400m in height; must only work within the boundaries of your parcel, and eject instead of teleport-to-home). If we incur too many issues with non-conforming security systems, we will update the policy to prohibit the use of all non-Linden provided security systems in the new Linden Homes regions.

ETA: Please see post just above this one from Dyna Mole.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dyna Mole said:

That is correct.  You may use your own security system if you wish, but it must be set to meet the same standards as the one that we distributed:

• It must only Eject, not send the person home
  • It must give at least a 15 second warning before ejecting
  • It must not detect people outside your own parcel
  • It must not eject people who are at altitudes between 500m and 1600m.

Preferably, it should give warnings in chat rather than in a dialog box, but that is not required.

@Dyna Mole

Thanks, Dyna -- that does match with what the current Covenant is showing.

The opening post that Constantine did in the "Security/Privacy and New Linden Homes" should probably be edited.  It states the following:

image.png.3a04d0755ee4e6789e273e2cc0da2b7a.png

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

@Dyna Mole

Thanks, Dyna -- that does match with what the current Covenant is showing.

The opening post that Constantine did in the "Security/Privacy and New Linden Homes" should probably be edited.  It states the following:

image.png.3a04d0755ee4e6789e273e2cc0da2b7a.png

It was superseded, there is no reason to go back and alter it.  If they were going to edit the past every time a rule changes they'd have no time to do anything else.

Outdated information is just that - Outdated.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gryphon Ronas said:

It was superseded, there is no reason to go back and alter it.  If they were going to edit the past every time a rule changes they'd have no time to do anything else.

"Yeah who cares that the TOS is out of date, we'll ban you for not following rules we haven't stated where you'd expect to find the information."

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Gryphon Ronas said:

Except that it is the opening post of a Linden thread and many forum newbies won't read past that point.

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Except that it is the opening post of a Linden thread and many forum newbies won't read past that point.

The covenant is quite clear on it, and as far as I know, it is the final word. It's readily available and valid on the day you read it, unlike old forum posts.

• Like 1

I am one who uses my own security orb I would not have an issue with the LL one if they allowed me to set people to manage it like turning it on and off when needed but they do not so I use my own and the covenant is quite clear that we can use our own orbs as long as they are set to the LL specifications as mine is and I can set my wife as a manager of it should she need to do anything like adding a friend to the whitelist or banning someone that needs to be banned and here is a direct quote from the covenant and until that is changed is law.

= Security ==

*Linden Homes do not have the ability to set your parcel access to group access only (which creates ban lines for everyone else). You can still eject and ban people by name.
  *Security orbs are only allowed if they comply with the following restrictions:
     -Minimum of 15 seconds warning time (no shorter)
     -Eject from parcel only (not teleport them home)
     -Effective range cannot include the airspace between 400m and 2000m (to allow for people to fly overhead but not in the airspace where skyboxes are allowed)

If you are uncertain, there is a free security system provided in the Linden Homes Content Pack. It does not have the ability to be set in a manner that does not comply with these restrictions. Click on the house controller outside of your parcel (the one used for changing house models) to get the most current content pack sent to you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dragon692014 said:

I am one who uses my own security orb I would not have an issue with the LL one if they allowed me to set people to manage it like turning it on and off when needed but they do not so I use my own and the covenant is quite clear that we can use our own orbs as long as they are set to the LL specifications as mine is and I can set my wife as a manager of it should she need to do anything like adding a friend to the whitelist or banning someone that needs to be banned and here is a direct quote from the covenant and until that is changed is law.

Fact is also, you have to install a second orb for the Skybox. For me 2 x 5 Li are simply too much, otherwise I would install the LL security much rather.

On 4/26/2019 at 5:27 PM, Patch Linden said:

Your new Linden Homes Security System can be wall-mounted upon placement. When activated, it will scan your parcel as much as 400m above and below the control unit for unauthorized visitors. If any unwanted guests are found, they will be provided with a warning to vacate the area, followed by an ejection if they do not leave within the specified amount of time (minimum of 15 seconds). You can adjust your systems range and warning time greater than 15 seconds; you can also customize your system to ignore members of your group or specific people you have added to its whitelist. 

A very big disadvantage is that outside the 400m zone everyone can zoom in and see you. That doesn't really have anything to do with privacy. :(

19 minutes ago, AngieRath said:

A very big disadvantage is that outside the 400m zone everyone can zoom in and see you. That doesn't really have anything to do with privacy. :(

You might test for yourself to see, but I’m pretty sure it’s been posted that this is not the case.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.