⚡ Linden Homes Security System ⚡

Patch Linden
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, MaratKirilov said:

Also, apparently I don’t have access to all the homes, despite my premium membership, which is super annoying.

You do have access to the newer homes.  You register for them on the same site where you chose the old-style home you are in now.  You'll have to abandon that one in order to get a new house because you can't own two Linden Homes with the same account.  When you register for a Linden Home, be sure to select only ones labelled as Bellisseria.  You will see that there are many different styles of home (Traditional, Campers, Victorians, Log Homes, Chalets, Stilt Homes, Fantasy homes ... ).  Look at the web site that LittleMe Jewell gave you a link to in her post yesterday. It gives you a full description of all the options.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, MaratKirilov said:

Ok. So it was Belliseria/Upper Skylight. But I have left. 

"Upper Skylight" is one of the older style LInden Homes which have different types of home controllers and do not have the Linden Home Security System.  

8 minutes ago, MaratKirilov said:

Also, apparently I don’t have access to all the homes, despite my premium membership, which is super annoying.

On the land page for choosing a Linden Home, select "Bellisseria" as the Theme (it's at the top of the list) and then the page will show you all the NEW Linden Home Styles (Traditional, Victorian, Camper, etc.)    Sometimes there will be a new style which will not be showing, but that is because some of the new Linden Home styles are very popular and are sometimes all taken (but people do abandon them, so it's a matter of displaying the page at the right time - you can refresh that page up to 10 times per minute if you're looking for a style which is not available the first time you look at the page).  Additional homes for some of the Bellisserria styles are still being built and added into the housing supply, plus there is another new theme that is in the works.  

37 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

You do have access to the newer homes.  You register for them on the same site where you chose the old-style home you are in now.  You'll have to abandon that one in order to get a new house because you can't own two Linden Homes with the same account.  When you register for a Linden Home, be sure to select only ones labelled as Bellisseria.  You will see that there are many different styles of home (Traditional, Campers, Victorians, Log Homes, Chalets, Stilt Homes, Fantasy homes ... ).  Look at the web site that LittleMe Jewell gave you a link to in her post yesterday. It gives you a full description of all the options.

No, I do not. When I go there it shows me some options, but nothing even like stilt homes. I’m  not sure why, but I’m really pissed that I’ve paid good money for this and it’s simply not there.

not all homes are available all the time, but through out the course of the day, most become available for short periods of time. The chalet and the camper styles are almost always available. Over Water and Pier stilts are almost never on the page.. those are very rare. Most of the rest of the styles show up periodically throughout the day. You just have to keep refreshing the Land Page.

But I have some good news for you... the next release (not sure when it will come out) is called newbrook and it is going to be houses similar to what you describe.. boxy, modern looking, lots of windows.

When that style comes out, I think you will love it. We are expecting it "soon" ...which means anytime in the  next few months but no one knows exactly when they will become available

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MaratKirilov said:

No, I do not. When I go there it shows me some options, but nothing even like stilt homes. I’m  not sure why, but I’m really pissed that I’ve paid good money for this and it’s simply not there.

As long as you "own" your current Linden Home, which is the older style and NOT in Bellisseria, you will NOT be able to see which homes, including Bellisseria homes, are available. ONLY after you abandon your current home will the website show you which homes are currently available.

The reason you aren't seeing any homes when you go to the website and only some options is because the website is ONLY showing you what deco options are available for your CURRENT home. You MUST abandon this current home first and then you'll be able to see other homes, including those currently available in Bellisseria.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, MaratKirilov said:

Please read what Blush said in the post just above this one. You cannot see what homes are available as long as you currently own a Linden home. Only one Linden home per account is allowed.

Once you abandon your current home, then you will be able to see all the choices available to you. You will only see styles that have vacancies at any given moment, so check back later if the style you want isn't currently listed.

There is a new modern type of theme being released soon, so you may want to hold off on abandoning until that happens, since you've indicated you like a more modern style of home. 

10 hours ago, MaratKirilov said:

If you have already Abandoned your current old Linden Home -- or after you abandon it, if you have not already -- then when you go to the page for homes, if you do not see 'Bellisseria' directly under "Select a Theme", then click the arrow to get the drop-down and then select Bellisseria.  Sometimes that one defaults to whatever home type you had last.

image.png.2a7cbb90bec8629828f7ec03c71afab8.png

Once you have selected Bellisseria, you'll see the types of homes that are CURRENTLY available -- that list changes based on other people abandoning homes and claiming homes.  Right now, the types of available homes are:

image.png.c5e2ea09ff7a6329e211f68e1dfeccba.png

So, currently there are no Traditional Homes, Houseboats, Victorians, or Stilt Homes available -- all have been claimed.  However, that does not mean that those types will never be available in the future.  When someone abandons one of those types, it will show on the page.

• Like 1

@MaratKirilov in order to increase your privacy in your Linden home, you might also want to consider preventing avatars who are not in your parcel to be able to see you and your guests in your Linden home. 

In order to do so, open you land window and uncheck the box for "Avatars on other parcels can see and chat with avatars on this parcel". This way, even if someone cams into your house, they won't be able to see you.

AboutLandOptions.png.f00c8c9038d110158e0ad52ef1d1830b.png

You can use this feature in combination with the CasperSafe you've already purchased.

Hope this helps!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Echelon Alcott said:

@MaratKirilov in order to increase your privacy in your Linden home, you might also want to consider preventing avatars who are not in your parcel to be able to see you and your guests in your Linden home. 

In order to do so, open you land window and uncheck the box for "Avatars on other parcels can see and chat with avatars on this parcel". This way, even if someone cams into your house, they won't be able to see you.

AboutLandOptions.png.f00c8c9038d110158e0ad52ef1d1830b.png

You can use this feature in combination with the CasperSafe you've already purchased.

Hope this helps!

It does! Thank you again!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly this seems dumb, just give us back our land options.

Banlines don't go very high last I knew, so there's only one reason for flying low enough to be bothered by them, and if you don't like seeing them you can disable the ability to see them viewer side.

All this does is open our homes to griefers and perverts.

15 seconds is mental, you only need a couple seconds to rezz a self replicating object and crash a sim.

Edited by Trin1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Trin1 said:

Banlines don't go very high last I knew, so there's only one reason for flying low enough to be bothered by them, and if you don't like seeing them you can disable the ability to see them viewer side.

I'm not sure if the LL viewer allows you to disable seeing the ban lines.  Many people that are flying low are doing so to see the actual scenery in Bellesseria, as much of it is very nicely landscaped by the Moles - and the vast majority of those flyers will be out of your home parcel within seconds.

28 minutes ago, Trin1 said:

you only need a couple seconds to rezz a self replicating object and crash a sim.

Only if the parcel is set to allow everyone to rez items.  

The old Linden Homes are not going away for quite a while, so you can always grab one of those homes --- or pick up a Mainland parcel.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Trin1 said:

Honestly this seems dumb, just give us back our land options.

15 seconds is mental, you only need a couple seconds to rezz a self replicating object and crash a sim.

Yeah...

NO

This is a bad idea... really bad...

If you like banlines you always have the option of using your 1024 tier and grabbing a parcel of mainland.... Knock yourself out then you have banlines.  One of the biggest reasons why many people enjoy Bellisseria is there are NO banlines.

Edited by Evangeline Ling
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

3awYc0X.png

Just like there are no 3rd party security orbs.

You should only see ban lines in Bellisseria if you can been banned by name on the parcel Access tab.

I do know of one person that frequently checks the land owners of everyone around their Linden Home parcel and they add all names to their own ban list -- to ensure that none of the neighbors accidentally cross into their land.   ¬¬

Then there are the Security Orbs that auto-ban anyone that gets ejected, even if those are not allowed there.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Trin1 said:

You are worrying far too much about something that very rarely happens. I can count on 13 years of being on the same mainland plot only two incidents of griefing one using particle spammers and one did use self replicating objects aside from being annoying all the objects entering my plot did was take up what prims I had left. 

I've never made any effort to keep people out of my homes. the worst that's happened on the handful of times people have entered, I tp'd home to a couple having an adult playdate on my bed they soon scarped once they noticed me. Most people can't tp away fast enough 

• Like 11

• 1 month later...
On 1/17/2022 at 4:56 AM, MaratKirilov said:

This used to be a common "non-problem". It is easy to miss the little drop-down arrow that reveals all the homes available (when you first choose your home, which will happen when ever you do not currently have one).

Is this the case? As a month has gone by since you mentioned this, maybe not

Edited by Odaks
Correction

6 hours ago, Odaks said:

This used to be a common "non-problem". It is easy to miss the little drop-down arrow that reveals all the homes available (when you first choose your home, which will happen when ever you do not currently have one).

Is this the case? As a month has gone by since you mentioned this, maybe not

Well, two things have happened. 1. I’ve gotten a different Linden Home, and 2. I purchased a CasperSafe, which had put paid to the issue of unwanted visitors.

On 2/11/2022 at 5:51 PM, Claireschen Hesten said:

You are worrying far too much about something that very rarely happens. I can count on 13 years of being on the same mainland plot only two incidents of griefing one using particle spammers and one did use self replicating objects aside from being annoying all the objects entering my plot did was take up what prims I had left. 

I've never made any effort to keep people out of my homes. the worst that's happened on the handful of times people have entered, I tp'd home to a couple having an adult playdate on my bed they soon scarped once they noticed me. Most people can't tp away fast enough 

I’ll tell you, recently a guy who didn’t belong there ended up in my house. I banned him (using the CasperSafe) but then he kept coming back, effectively causing the CasperSafe to spam me with messages both when he entered the area and when he was unceremoniously removed from it. He has to have done that 12-15 times in the course of a few minutes, and it was obviously just meant to annoy us—which it did.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ixxscore said:

Hi Patch

ok... so, How do I activate "ban-lines" security in my Linden -property of Baltro 151.

Best

ixxscore

I did not realize it was the old Linden Homes - see Claire's post below

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ixxscore said:

Hi Patch

ok... so, How do I activate "ban-lines" security in my Linden -property of Baltro 151.

Best

ixxscore

Since the region of Baltro appears to be an original Linden home Meadowbrook region which does unfortunately allow the use of ban lines.

Assuming you're on Firestorm since it may not be the same in other viewers. you can click on the region name at the top of the screen where the menu options are or click World > Parcel details or if able to right click land and select about land and get the about land window up, if you use the navigation bar click Land to get it up, click the Access tab and you can control access as you wish. With the original Linden homes regions hardly visited these days there isn't much need to enable ban lines

If you are in a Bellisseria property the best you'll be able to do as far as ban lines go is to add people to the ban list

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.