-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 267 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

37 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

I wasn't quite happy with my sauna in the houseboat upper deck. So I deleted it and made new one down by the seawater pool. Windows on all sides to make more spacious feeling. I like the view to the pool from inside the sauna.

2019-06-10_Sauna-1.thumb.jpg.c29026c7b29368423ba070594d2b8e50.jpg

2019-06-10_Sauna-2.thumb.jpg.2bcee9fb7cc817386e72ae8dd95b6aeb.jpg

2019-06-10_Sauna-3.thumb.jpg.0f4dbca142f3185ea668a62765d2ed3f.jpg

I really, really love that extra deck you added, with the swimming pool in it. :) The extension-deck really makes the whole ground-surface of the Wallover soooo much better! And that view from the new sauna is to die for, so amazing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kiramanell said:

I love what you did with the place! ❤️ The underwater stuff is magnificently bright and colorful. And for someone who says not to have given the interior a lot of prioriy, LOL, you did very well there too! It's super-cozy; and I love how you put that bathroom sink on a heightened plateau. It's really always a thrill to watch a home you're supposed to know (like the Windlass, LOL), and then needing a few seconds to recognize it: it shows the creativity of the designer. :) 

P.S. Where did you get those adorable clothing racks, if I may ask? They look similar to the ones I have, but different nonetheless.

Thank you for your kind words ❤️. The clothing rack is from Dustbunny. I love it! Even though there is nothing minimalistic about it haha. Happy decorating! 

Edited by Andie Aurotharius
  • Like 1

Final update. :) (No, this time for realz: I'm down to 2 prim again).

For starters, let me just say that 'Dust Bunny' is rapidly becoming my favorite store: she's got so much cute stuff. ❤️ Visiting today, I realized there's an actual record player that was supposed to go with the record stand. And it's befitting the (part-) retro-theme a lot better too:

kira_1.thumb.jpg.113c7a99f3467711363acefcd6f947a4.jpg

As for that "people's corner", I added a (also 'Dust Bunny') artsy chair, and new umbrella stand, to better match the dark-brown and gold colors there. And I moved the 'Stay awhile' coat hanger towards the entrance (away from the vanity wall), as it simply needs to be there, thematically:

kira_2.thumb.jpg.8196fc600f34e861211e69eb40a968fb.jpg

And, lastly, I added a classy, ivory table with a champaign set on it, near the vanity set. All the ivory and gold, of both the vanity set, the champaign table, and the golden hangers, really mesh well together, I think:

kira_3.thumb.jpg.9baa2b3f69f2b1ab52dbb3850feba5dc.jpg

I might have preferred to move the champagne table a little closer to the bed, but then it starts to 'compete' with the vanity chair too much, I feared.

• Like 13

C'mon, people, show us your buiilds! :) Seriously, it's getting too quiet in this thread (on this whole subforum, of late, actually, come to think of it; hmmm).

As I ran out of prim again, I think I'm going to go ahead with my old idea of recreating my Windlass, on my own private island, and do it properly this time, prim-wise. 😄 Add the stuff I really wanted, exterior decks and furniture**, yachts, etc. It should be fun. :)

** Slightly off-topic, but I just realized thar 'furnitures' is probably the most misused word on MP. 😛

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kiramanell said:

C'mon, people, show us your buiilds! :) Seriously, it's getting too quiet in this thread (on this whole subforum, of late, actually, come to think of it; hmmm).

As I ran out of prim again, I think I'm going to go ahead with my old idea of recreating my Windlass, on my own private island, and do it properly this time, prim-wise. 😄 Add the stuff I really wanted, exterior decks and furniture**, yachts, etc. It should be fun. :)

** Slightly off-topic, but I just realized thar 'furnitures' is probably the most misused word on MP. 😛

I took a nice picture of the newer homes being built, I'm by my pool :) It doesn't really count, but I love sharing pictures, and technically it does include my home 😉

Snapshot_832.thumb.png.cc23624aa0ed320a9ac1d086914d13cf.png

I've been busy elsewhere decorating my castle though :) But that is on another continent, for now my home is done.  I'm waiting on the 512s to be released, so I can snatch one up with my alt, then I'll probably be posting tons of pictures again 😍

I have a feeling, after all of the new homes are released that they are creating by me, this thread is going to be going wild again :)

Your home is looking amazing btw :) I love seeing all of the updates you have done to it.

Edited by WillowTenage
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, WillowTenage said:

I took a nice picture of the newer homes being built, I'm by my pool :) It doesn't really count, but I love sharing pictures, and technically it does include my home 😉

Snapshot_832.thumb.png.cc23624aa0ed320a9ac1d086914d13cf.png

I've been busy elsewhere decorating my castle though :) But that is on another continent, for now my home is done.  I'm waiting on the 512s to be released, so I can snatch one up with my alt, then I'll probably be posting tons of pictures again 😍

I have a feeling, after all of the new homes are released that they are creating by me, this thread is going to be going wild again :)

You home is looking amazing btw :) I love seeing all of the updates you have done to it.

Thank you fir sharing, and the kind words about my home. ❤️

Love the view of your terrace, btw. Too bad they're gonna build in it.  😁 Love the flowes in your windows too. Diligently taking measurements for my recreated Windlass as we speak (it really helps they give you the texture pack, btw). And flowers, believe you me, will prominently feature in it as well. :) I find the prospect of doing this with a sheer limitless amount of prims, very exciting.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

I wasn't quite happy with my sauna in the houseboat upper deck. So I deleted it and made new one down by the seawater pool. Windows on all sides to make more spacious feeling. I like the view to the pool from inside the sauna.

2019-06-10_Sauna-1.thumb.jpg.c29026c7b29368423ba070594d2b8e50.jpg

2019-06-10_Sauna-2.thumb.jpg.2bcee9fb7cc817386e72ae8dd95b6aeb.jpg

2019-06-10_Sauna-3.thumb.jpg.0f4dbca142f3185ea668a62765d2ed3f.jpg

N.B. One thing I never understood, is how you're able to extend that deck so far to the left of your Wallover. Me, I have only a few centimeters left of parcel on both sides of my Windlass. Did they put your boat perpendicular to the plot somehow? If so, then lucky you! :) Kinda makes you wonder why they're not building 'houseboat orientation' into the life-preservers. (Although not all boats may fit sideways)

1 hour ago, kiramanell said:

I have had a GoT marathon, watching season 1-7, before I quit HBO. Not much time decorating. 😉 I shall see what I can do with the Continental house.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kiramanell said:

N.B. One thing I never understood, is how you're able to extend that deck so far to the left of your Wallover. Me, I have only a few centimeters left of parcel on both sides of my Windlass. Did they put your boat perpendicular to the plot somehow? If so, then lucky you! :) Kinda makes you wonder why they're not building 'houseboat orientation' into the life-preservers. (Although not all boats may fit sideways)

There are two shapes for the houseboat parcels. The square 32 m x 32 m and the rectangle 16 m x 64 m.
Mine is the square 32 m x 32 m. I have extended the lower deck up to the parcel border on the left.
Here's a snapshot from top. I drew red lines approximately along the parcel borders on the snapshot.

2019-06-11_Houseboat-parcel.thumb.jpg.b4c1bd49e665bea13da8315f9c30eb27.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

It took me awhile to figure out which houseboat style I liked best, and then how I wanted to decorate.  I think I'll probably be staying with how it is currently set up, at least for awhile. I finally ended up going with the Evening Star, and added @Blush Bravin's "Evening Star Upward" add-on. I got the houseboat during the additional houseboat release, having given up the house I got from the original release after a couple of weeks.  I don't have a lot of permanent "clutter" out, but I still have 63 LI available for things I might decide to put out temporarily from time to time. 

680881642_20190611SnapshotMayBeeonBarnacle_001.thumb.jpg.3edf9d456f13fdfc88a9567d3b6ab77b.jpg

1638943528_20190611SnapshotMayBeeonBarnacle_010.thumb.jpg.29cd5991b9346666b1d6cf766b27d50c.jpg

187175852_20190611SnapshotMayBeeonBarnacle_007.thumb.jpg.65babf74cb10cb8ff315b5a38861d172.jpg

1373530480_20190611SnapshotMayBeeonBarnacle_012.thumb.jpg.bf6614ba748c4fc29e6e68ac8c2dbfdc.jpg

1795012943_20190611SnapshotMayBeeonBarnacle_011.thumb.jpg.4be278a648b22dfdaa30162d7789ea50.jpg

• Like 20

2 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

There are two shapes for the houseboat parcels. The square 32 m x 32 m and the rectangle 16 m x 64 m.
Mine is the square 32 m x 32 m. I have extended the lower deck up to the parcel border on the left.
Here's a snapshot from top. I drew red lines approximately along the parcel borders on the snapshot.

2019-06-11_Houseboat-parcel.thumb.jpg.b4c1bd49e665bea13da8315f9c30eb27.jpg

Ah! Thank you very much for the detailed explanation! I guess mine is 16x64 then.

Still love the extension. Makes it look like the floorplan of an entire city that way. :) 

• Like 4

I've rezzed out the Adams again. Since we've gotten the okay to use our parcels as display homes, I decided to furnish out the Adams for a few weeks. I am missing the light that streams inside in the Alderley though, so after the SL16B celebrations I will most likely go back to my favorite traditional, the Alderley. But here's what I've done with the Adams this time.

photoshoot_010.png.56f7f8e61da66849c4c99ba5fac7946e.png

This patio furniture and lemonade will probably be seen somewhere in my homes all through summer. I love how homey they make my home look.

photoshoot_009.png.671b1932490f698def292f6e3355ffbe.png

I had been missing my "bikeport" so I'm glad it's back. I may have to start using it with the Alderley too. Biking is so much fun in Bellisseria it's a must.

This time I decided I didn't want the house's big room to feel so tight so I moved the living room into the entry area with the library.

photoshoot_004.png.b3523fa4235c2e0368126c9b0b8f004e.png

And now it's just the kitchen and dining on that side of the house. It makes the space feel so open.

photoshoot_006.png.74ece17f40ec9eb20decca3d60ef69a7.png

I do miss that morning sun coming in the kitchen window though.

photoshoot_007.png.0bc98c782296b460516017f1949b89e9.png

I'll show you what I did on the other side of the house in the next post.

photoshoot_005.png

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 18

You got a little peek into the bedroom in the last post. I really did a number on that bed. It originally sat on the floor and didn't have a footboard but it's my favorite bed so I decided to turn it into what I wanted. I had to make the bedspread invisible as it hung over the mattress and onto the floor. Then I had to retexture the bedding as it had baked in shadows for the bedspread. I duplicated the headboard and attached it to the foot of the bed. I then lengthened to headboard so I could raise the whole thing off the floor. I love the result. It's exactly what I wanted but couldn't find anywhere. I really think I'm best at modding other people's stuff. Besides I love the challenge of seeing what I can do with what others have made.

photoshoot_001.png.916264b2dde27469941551448f1d2a22.png

I still have that huge bathroom.

photoshoot_003.png.a3dfe4aca1d9c4bc4ae65b4dfcf16804.png

But I wanted to use my super cute laundry area that I recently got so I added it to this bathroom.

photoshoot_002.png.e337e2dcd1944b274b1c1e58b90c4536.png

I use a very eclectic mix of furnishings from a wide variety of creators. Please feel free to drop into my home and inspect anything you wish.  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Washburn/20/83/34

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 16

1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

I've rezzed out the Adams again. Since we've gotten the okay to use our parcels as display homes, I decided to furnish out the Adams for a few weeks. I am missing the light that streams inside in the Alderley though, so after the SL16B celebrations I will most likely go back to my favorite traditional, the Alderley. But here's what I've done with the Adams this time.

photoshoot_010.png.56f7f8e61da66849c4c99ba5fac7946e.png

This patio furniture and lemonade will probably be seen somewhere in my homes all through summer. I love how homey they make my home look.

I have that same red rocker (from Hive, I think), and I use it just about everywhere. I just love it!

• Like 1

On 6/11/2019 at 2:02 PM, Marianne Little said:

I have had a GoT marathon, watching season 1-7, before I quit HBO. Not much time decorating. 😉 I shall see what I can do with the Continental house.

I really enjoyed GOT and am sad it is over.

I really would have loved a houseboat backed against some sand, but can't be too choosy! So I added my own little beach front instead (sand looks a bit whiter in the photo than it really is) , together with a cute beach hut (I was lucky enough to get that on special offer just as I was searching for one!), tug boat, and a dolphin too...

1152463567_Myhouseboatb_001.thumb.png.2cd5fd94fedda06949bbe81e72e16bcf.png

Oh and what makes it even nicer I think is if you have some environment sounds - I have beach sounds (waves etc.) - very relaxing.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
Mention about environment sounds
  • Like 12

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 267 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.