-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 275 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, PrudenceAnton said:

Would some of  you be kind enough to list credits of where you purchased/found items to use in your homes?  Especially things like the smaller kitchens, outdoor decor, fences, pergola attachments, etc. The homes displayed are so picture perfectly done. I'm sure those reviewing these are loving the images as much as I am. Many things I recognize and have myself, but there are some I have not seen before and would love to know where they were purchased from. Thank you and keep on posting!

Well yes, but it is perhaps not necessary to post a list over what's used, unless people ask. It can be a long list.

You can also send a personal message to the poster if the image is many, many pages behind. If it's a newer image, people often ask in the thread.

I often edit off things I don't want and link a lot of other items, so it can look very different. The kitchen I have now, started as a L-kitchen with freestanding island. I edited off the tiles on one side and the shelf there, rotated the island and pushed it in so it's now a kitchen bar. And to make that work, I had to replace the heavy shaded counter tops texture. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, kiramanell said:

Don't worry, I still have it (it's all inside my rezzer system), but I decided to 'Kira-fy' things a bit. 😀 Which is to say, whilst very classical, in a way (what with the Rembrandt and the golden chandelier and all), I decided to brighten up the place a bit: make it more vibrant and colorful -- and, I think, a bit more befitting a 'light' houseboat theme:

kira_1.thumb.jpg.6a9163ebba4c9c4464851e70eecfa5f8.jpg

Being able to save some prim this way, I was able to install a 'seashell' bathroom. That area, along with where the big, pink slushy is, is still a bit emptier than I'd like, but at least no longer almost barren:

kira_3.thumb.jpg.3488cdf306b3efc7a7c49e06a9f590bd.jpg

And a final close-up shot of the bedroom area:

kira_4.thumb.jpg.82d6dfeb942457df0e08634014c300f5.jpg

Your home is a wildly wonderful take on houseboat living. I absolutely adore your decorating style. It's so unique. Well done!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, kiramanell said:

^^ Now, see, this is why I like this thread so much! :) I really enjoy watching the ideas ppl came up with. For instance, love how you made the 'upstairs' area of your Windlass, the living room; and I love those black, padded walls. I can't, for the life of me, fathom how you managed to position your kitchen in such a way, that it allows for such a long, open-view window (unless the view is faux, somehow?). And the deck extension is very cute, too. :)

Thanks so much for your appreciation :) Glad u liked it. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kiramanell said:

Meanwhile, I'm enjoying all the builds shown here. :) And I continue to be in awe of the often simple, but brilliant, architectual ideas ppl come up with. Like yesterday, while camming around me, I saw someone who had not just extended the one wall of the Windlass nook (many did, and me too), but had actually completely sealed it off, and put a kitchen in front of it. Then, to the side I saw a door; and in turned out, the area behind it had actually been turned into a bathroom! (with the bath itself situated inside the nook). Created an entire room, almost ex nihilo, as it were. I love stuff like that! ❤️

I'm pretty sure that Blush's Windlass add on makes the nook into a bathroom with door. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Definitely search the MP for phrases like Linden Home and Linden Houseboat. Then sort the results by Newest and you'll find lots of add-ons that folks have made.  Some of the listings even give you an inworld SLURL where you can go see it.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, kiramanell said:

^^ Now, see, this is why I like this thread so much! :) I really enjoy watching the ideas ppl came up with. For instance, love how you made the 'upstairs' area of your Windlass, the living room; and I love those black, padded walls. I can't, for the life of me, fathom how you managed to position your kitchen in such a way, that it allows for such a long, open-view window (unless the view is faux, somehow?). And the deck extension is very cute, too. :)

Thank you :) btw the Kitchen area, we place *Dench Designs* Country Kitchen which is 3 li only. Perfectly fit that area.  And then back side of the cabinet window area, we made the wall extended and did match the window texture/wall texture. So it match the end of Kitchen cabinet.. BTW Linden did provide the texture pack :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I'm pretty sure that Blush's Windlass add on makes the nook into a bathroom with door. :)

Oooo, I just cheched out her stuff. She's brilliant! :) (As if I didn't already know that, LOL). Just bought an addon pack of hers, and one of her 'Blushed Living' cottages as well.

I know ppl said it before. but I had forgotten how much houseboat addon stuff is actually on MP. Thanks for the reminder!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Oooo, I just cheched out her stuff. She's brilliant! :) (As if I didn't already know that, LOL). Just bought an addon pack of hers, and one of her 'Blushed Living' cottages as well.

I know ppl said it before. but I had forgotten how much houseboat addon stuff is actually on MP. Thanks for the reminder!

I know! I have bought stuff for new house styles that I haven't even tried out yet! lol

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I've even ripped apart some of the things for other styles and used pieces in my current setup.

I've done the same! I have the planter from Blush's Windlass add-on in my Barnacle houseboat, for example. (That's why I wasn't sure above about whether the bathroom was part of that add-on; I'm only using a piece of it at the moment. lol)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I've even ripped apart some of the things for other styles and used pieces in my current setup.

Haha! I just did the same thing! 🤩 I figured, 'Those floor tiles, I'm sooo gonna use those!!'

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Haha! I just did the same thing! 🤩 I figured, 'Those floor tiles, I'm sooo gonna use those!!'

Hmm, that kitchen floor-tile element seems to be slanted, on one side. Probably to accomodate for the crookedness of the walls that house was made for. 😋 Oh well, it matters none: I'm only too happy to support her creations!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Your home is a wildly wonderful take on houseboat living. I absolutely adore your decorating style. It's so unique. Well done!

Wow! ❤️ *blush* I don't know what to say. Except 'Thank you!!' of course. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PrudenceAnton said:

Would some of  you be kind enough to list credits of where you purchased/found items to use in your homes?  Especially things like the smaller kitchens, outdoor decor, fences, pergola attachments, etc. The homes displayed are so picture perfectly done. I'm sure those reviewing these are loving the images as much as I am. Many things I recognize and have myself, but there are some I have not seen before and would love to know where they were purchased from. Thank you and keep on posting!

Actually, I think that's a pretty good idea. :) I've seen so many great homes here: some of the furniture I recognize, but most of it not, of course (I have like 65,000 inventory items, which still amounts to... nothing). Probably a lot of work for ppl, but would sure be nice if we saw the items used listed (suddenly getting The Truman Show flashbacks, LOL). Will need to totally finish up my home first, of course.

• Like 2

I loved the wrap around porch with the screened room for the Continental, but I just don't like two story houses that much ... sooooooooooooooooo

I pulled out my favorite single story Linden Home and started a new porch. Notice my "street number" is 2003. That has nothing to do with my actual location but more to do with how long I've been in SL 

front_001.thumb.png.d620c54e6e3104c0292b2bff3bac0e50.png

I bought some new flowers too.

front_002.thumb.png.f133dd52191b4e280ce617cc683727a1.png

One of the reasons I have thought about possibly changing parcels had to do with having a view to the morning sun .... so now I have it and didn't have to change parcels. I can do my morning dishes and watch the sun rise over the distant water, which is barely visible but visible nonetheless.

front_003.thumb.png.df36e67a3de3f2275d7f1911bfa1bd3c.png

I have my little garden going well now with added tomatoes and strawberries. 

front_004.thumb.png.8d21bfe1da932544878ad2a7b03c781d.png

Rather than use my precious LI on a pool, I decided to put out some deco items that show just how close I am to the beach.

sunrise_008sm.png.fa7e7de8c7d1929241c6960daa5baa19.png   sunrise_009sm.png.bfc511120a496befd66e01f22efd7fd3.png

I still have 38 LI left so will be added more furnishings to the back porch and perhaps another crop of something in the garden with maybe a berry bush of some sort. I'll give you a peek of the inside in my next post. 

• Like 21

Okay, here's that view from the kitchen sink.

sunrise_001.thumb.png.a348bddd3ec189e8f3cbce2520fcafa6.png

I have pancakes and freshly squeezed OJ for breakfast. sunrise_003sm.png.ddf18a179f66edc93ee23f4cd0d016ff.png

I've crammed a lot into this room but it feels more cozy than crowded I think.

sunrise_002.thumb.png.20406c5624a6a8e9ea407adf8aa424a3.png

The bedroom feels light and airy, and I still have my closet. sunrise_005sm.png.404f5d58889232287ad840ae93fe76f5.png

And where I once had my kitchen I now have a mudroom/laundry area with a really nice size bathroom.

sunrise_006.thumb.png.982dab942cc4ea8e7b5e829af5935ad9.png

sunrise_007.thumb.png.0cee5844b3f9fe1a63877c9193f33a85.png

It's been a crazy 6 weeks with frenzied building trying out all the Linden Home styles, but I think I've reached my peak and am going to settle back down to working on inventory and other things. Well at least until I see what the new theme is and go from there. I think I'm done for awhile now. If anyone would like to see my home in person please feel free to stop in. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Washburn/22/73/34  I use a wide variety of furnishings so trying to list who made what would be impossible, so if you'd like to know whose products I used you'll just have to come over and inspect the items yourself. I welcome you to do so. :) 

Edited by Blush Bravin
Kept hearing my 6th grade grammar teacher rolling over in her grave so had to change fresh to freshly.
  • Like 23

1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

I loved the wrap around porch with the screened room for the Continental

I hope you have that for sale!  I love wrap around porches, and the Continental is a fav style of mine (from the outside view, which is more important to me than space inside the home).  Last time I looked there were not many ad-ons for Continentals :(

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I hope you have that for sale!  I love wrap around porches, and the Continental is a fav style of mine (from the outside view, which is more important to me than space inside the home).  Last time I looked there were not many ad-ons for Continentals :(

I do.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2019 at 12:03 PM, kiramanell said:

I'm still not entirely happy with it, though. It lacks the 'thrill' I usually get about my build when I'm fully satisfied with it. I will simply need to dig deeper. :) This houseboat took me like a week; I'm usually much slower, LOL. There are builds I worked on for literally months. Not kidding. So, a week is like a rush job for me. So, I'll just keep working on it. That's part of the OCD, I guess: I simply will not rest until I feel I gave it my very best. Some areas, like the back wall, to the left, with the green tiles on it, for instance, still feels a bit off: I slapped some table-stand against it, and a pipe-shelves thingy, but it was more filler than anything else.

Well, today I figured out a new and exciting way to reduce LI by about 40 (Sic!), just when I was about to pull out all my hair, LOL, refusing to compromize on my artistic integrity (ahem), aka removing stuff to free up some prim. And then I found a way anyway. :) So, like I said I would, I decided to redo that breakfast area a bit, as it felt a bit 'meh'. Here it is, in its shiny new incarnation, with a darker green in style with the exterior of a lot of the other houseboats:

kira_1.thumb.jpg.1017fa762288cd039da6e0ec201cbd22.jpg

I tried to turn it into an extended kitchen kinda deal. Oh, and don't you just love sconces!? They make everything so cosy. Here's a close-up of it:

kira_2.thumb.jpg.22675cb8891279e6c29bcdbdcfe8d5d8.jpg

Earlier, I saw someone post their hopelessly cute red speakers (I reckon, they were part of the electrical guitar set?). So, I had to have speakers too. :) Befitting the overall theme, of course, for this nook. Oh, and I suddenly had enough prim left for a musical instrument too (saxophone), and an antique phone as well:

kira_3.thumb.jpg.b2be4a76a764227fe1c357b7059e9a02.jpg

Well, the sound has to come from somewhere, so I put in a very small hifi set. :)

kira_4.thumb.jpg.27c21bbe5385f6a82479d8e2a99cba63.jpg

And last, I was able to put some extra stuff on the 'bathroom wall', to combat the void. And I put in a doormat of an Anchor. I mean, c'mon, what spells 'houseboat' more than nautical stuff, right?! 😊

kira_5.thumb.jpg.f291910db4d6e9cc3fd9640d48f55791.jpg

And still 12 prim left to spare! :)

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Earlier, I saw someone post their hopelessly cute red speakers (I reckon, they were part of the electrical guitar set?). So, I had to have speakers too. :) Befitting the overall theme, of course, for this nook. Oh, and I suddenly had enough prim left for a musical instrument too (saxophone), and an antique phone as well:

kira_3.thumb.jpg.b2be4a76a764227fe1c357b7059e9a02.jpg

And still 12 prim left to spare! :)

I kid you not, just yesterday I was thinking I need a saxophone for my boathouse. (Really! lol)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

Okay, here's that view from the kitchen sink.

sunrise_001.thumb.png.a348bddd3ec189e8f3cbce2520fcafa6.png

I have pancakes and fresh squeezed OJ for breakfast. sunrise_003sm.png.ddf18a179f66edc93ee23f4cd0d016ff.png

I've crammed a lot into this room but it feels more cozy than crowded I think.

sunrise_002.thumb.png.20406c5624a6a8e9ea407adf8aa424a3.png

The bedroom feels light and airy, and I still have my closet. sunrise_005sm.png.404f5d58889232287ad840ae93fe76f5.png

And where I once had my kitchen I now have a mudroom/laundry area with a really nice size bathroom.

sunrise_006.thumb.png.982dab942cc4ea8e7b5e829af5935ad9.png

sunrise_007.thumb.png.0cee5844b3f9fe1a63877c9193f33a85.png

It's been a crazy 6 weeks with frenzied building trying out all the Linden Home styles, but I think I've reached my peak and am going to settle back down to working on inventory and other things. Well at least until I see what the new theme is and go from there. I think I'm done for awhile now. If anyone would like to see my home in person please feel free to stop in. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Washburn/22/73/34  I use a wide variety of furnishings so trying to list who made what would be impossible, so if you'd like to know whose products I used you'll just have to come over and inspect the items yourself. I welcome you to do so. :) 

Every time I think "It cannot possibly get any better than this!", you manage to do it anyway! :) That's probab;ly the cutest home I've come across here. And the cosiest. You did a truly superb job! I really need to come visit, if that's okay, and check out all that super-adorable furniture. This is really the best. ❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 275 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.