-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 275 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

22 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

Okay, here's that view from the kitchen sink.

sunrise_001.thumb.png.a348bddd3ec189e8f3cbce2520fcafa6.png

I have pancakes and freshly squeezed OJ for breakfast. sunrise_003sm.png.ddf18a179f66edc93ee23f4cd0d016ff.png

I've crammed a lot into this room but it feels more cozy than crowded I think.

sunrise_002.thumb.png.20406c5624a6a8e9ea407adf8aa424a3.png

Is that a modified version of the WN Laurel Cottage Kitchen set? The sink & props look like it, but the butcher's block doesn't. If it is, I am glad I bought it when I did because I went back a few days later to get the link for someone and found it gone from the MP :(

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

Is that a modified version of the WN Laurel Cottage Kitchen set? The sink & props look like it, but the butcher's block doesn't. If it is, I am glad I bought it when I did because I went back a few days later to get the link for someone and found it gone from the MP :(

Blush is simply the best! :) I actually visited her place today, and bought a lot of new stuffz from the 'dust bunny' store. @Blush Bravin, I couldn't find the 'dust bunny . pancake griddle' there, though (or a pancake set + grill that looked familiar). Where did you get it from, please?

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Blush is simply the best! :) I actually visited her place today, and bought a lot of new stuffz from the 'dust bunny' store. @Blush Bravin, I couldn't find the 'dust bunny . pancake griddle' there, though (or a pancake set + grill that looked familiar). Where did you get it from, please?

I think that griddle was one of those Epiphany exclusive gacha things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

Is that a modified version of the WN Laurel Cottage Kitchen set?

It's the Hive modern farmhouse kitchen set that was at Fameshed last round.

21 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I think that griddle was one of those Epiphany exclusive gacha things.

You are exactly correct. It is the only time I actually played an Epiphany gacha so I could get the exclusive. I had to have that pancake griddle.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Someone said on another thread that getting a Linden Home is like getting an SL retirement home. Retirement?! I'm too bloomin' busy constantly changing interior designs for the different houseboat versions! :D . The only one I haven't played with thus far is the Evening Star.

It's still a work-in-progress, but here's my latest fiddle-farting with the Windlass (including pulling bits from @Blush Bravin's Barnacle Party Add-on). For it,  I've copied the idea of dropping a floor into the ceiling well and turning it into a cosy little bedroom - hence the spiral stairs. I also put a wall up between the kitchen area and the houseboat's stairway so that having two set of stairs so close together doesn't look odd.

Also, note the extra door in the "bedroom" wall. It's an Anywhere Door allowing me to get from the bedroom to the roof deck and back. OK, so, it's a cheat  - but it works :) . I've used a 2nd pair of Anywhere Doors to counter the fact the orientation of my parcel otherwise makes direct access to the moorings on "water" side of the Windlass awkward. You can see the "inside" door just behind the fridge in the first photo.

Windlass-1_001.jpg

Windlass-2_002.jpg

Windlass-3_002.jpg

Windlass-4_002.jpg

Windlass-5_002.jpg

Edited by Inara Pey
Removed reference to .gif file showing Anywhere Door as it got discarded on posting the comment, and the forum software refuses to let me re-upload, despite being below the 4.88 mb total per post :(
  • Like 18

1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

It's the Hive modern farmhouse kitchen set that was at Fameshed last round.

You are exactly correct. It is the only time I actually played an Epiphany gacha so I could get the exclusive. I had to have that pancake griddle.

Gotcha! 😛 Too bad, though: that griddle was just too cute for words.

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 2

Just some random snapshots - at Wallover houseboat.

There was night.
2019-06-04_Houseboat-Random-1.thumb.jpg.a3bd900e1d3feca313d04f4f93ed1b05.jpg

There was morning.
2019-06-04_Houseboat-Random-2.thumb.jpg.9325948e9529ec71038df464d58915c0.jpg

There was my friend. (The pillow is on the table to support the arm due to animation malfunction. xD)
2019-06-04_Houseboat-Random-3.thumb.jpg.971720ee971c3b9e9bb1dcd4de0eee80.jpg

And there was the houseboat parcel owner (my alt) trying out the bumper boat.
2019-06-04_Houseboat-Random-4.thumb.jpg.4f425df5f30cd122b748b76f1190fd27.jpg

Edited by Coby Foden
  • Like 15

Look what I found in my garden.

turtle_002.thumb.png.5faec52b7b86f11de710d4aee1edb3f0.png

Seriously the cutest gift I've received in years. I adore this little family even if it means they will get more of my fresh veggies than I will.

I'm running out of prims now. I have added some vegetation to the backyard and updated the railroad ties that make up the structure for my raised bed garden along with a potting area on the back porch.

turtle_001.thumb.png.d6e069fd437e207fb39c2ed471f555f8.png

And since I have no plans whatsoever to sell the porch I made for the Alderley, and because I wanted motivation to keep me from starting over again, I have listed my home in the Bellisseria Tour of Homes. Now I will keep working on improving my home's use of resources. Next on the list is descripting things that no longer need scripts and finding objects that use too many textures and then swapping out textures and/or objects that are resource conscience. 

turtle_003.thumb.png.7a30e264bed11f2f8b54e3a507e3d075.png

• Like 21

My living room was a bit too big, so I decided to make it a little smaller.

Snapshot_739.thumb.png.bffd41b5a399e4535d8347de94bd9cea.png

Now I have to figure out what to do with the extra room, I like it though.  Unfortunately it is a little too small for a dining room.

Snapshot_737.thumb.png.1f410dd15a69d53768529a78ffa53105.png

Edit:
And a word of warning for everyone skinning your own walls.  I had to redo all of mine, because I rezzed another house, and when I rezzed back my winchester it respawned slightly off location, and I think it also rotated a bit.  No matter what I did, I could not get my old walls to fit over the originals correctly.  I opted to create walls for each room separately rather than mesh the entire bottom floor in case this happened again.

Edited by WillowTenage
  • Like 12

7 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

My newly installed water garden at the houseboat,

h2ogarden_001.thumb.png.b5134231a79eb280418e243c9e80ea38.png

and my beloved koi.

h2ogarden_002.thumb.png.7e38ae3e6e6323e03837eb0a9b5066f1.png

I think I could sit here listening to the dragonflies buzzing and the bullfrogs croaking all day. What a lovely way to relax!

Awww, I just fell in love with your place. ❤️

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WillowTenage said:

Edit:
And a word of warning for everyone skinning your own walls.  I had to redo all of mine, because I rezzed another house, and when I rezzed back my winchester it respawned slightly off location, and I think it also rotated a bit.  No matter what I did, I could not get my old walls to fit over the originals correctly.  I opted to create walls for each room separately rather than mesh the entire bottom floor in case this happened again.

Thanks for the heads-up! And a mite weird, really. House(boat)s should appear in the same place, when re-rezzed. What happens if you rerezz it again? Could be a Mole once manually moved your house a bit, when working on it, but that it still always comes out the same from the rezzer.

P.S. Love what you did with the place! :)

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Thanks for the heads-up! And a mite weird, really. House(boat)s should appear in the same place, when re-rezzed. What happens if you rerezz it again? Could be d Mole once manually moved your house a bit, when working on it, but that it still always comes out the same from the rezzer.

I don't know, I do think the house spawners are around 1300 ft in the air though (if my memory is correct, it might be 1600).   I stumbled upon them once when exploring, but did not keep note of the height :)

Snapshot_284.thumb.png.64953018d5f6c42173fe0365a2f409ff.png

I've read that skyboxes are hard to keep in alignment, I wonder if my linden spawnbox may have been put out of alignment.. even if it had been, I'm not sure if that would have any impact.  I have changed the house a few times, but that was before I put in my mesh walls (and stained glass windows) and never noticed anything.  It was such a small offset I doubt I would have though.  It could be my personal rezbox, but I don't think so because I had derezed everything multiple times including my mesh walls, and it always came back perfectly.  The moment I changed the house type though, then changed it back to Winchester, upon re spawning my walls they no longer would fit my home correctly. 

Edit:
I tried to rerez the house a few times, before creating the new walls I replaced the old mesh ones with, and it never worked :(  I'm a bit paranoid to do it now. 

Edited by WillowTenage
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kiramanell said:

P.S. Love what you did with the place! :)

I just saw this, thank you :) I think it looks a lot better than when I first started out, but it is a definite work in progress.  I'm constantly amazed at how awesome of a job you all do, and the attention to detail is remarkable.  I kind of throw things together, think to myself, "good enough" and then go out 🤣  When I first started out, I did not even think I would do very much decorating as I was mostly interested in creating skyboxes, so my house was just some older prim possible furniture. 

Edited by WillowTenage
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, WillowTenage said:

I just saw this, thank you :) I think it looks a lot better than when I first started out, but it is a definite work in progress.  I'm constantly amazed at how awesome of a job you all do, and the attention to detail is remarkable.  I kind of throw things together, think to myself, "good enough" and then go out 🤣  When I first started out, I did not even think I would do very much decorating as I was mostly interested in creating skyboxes, so my house was just some older prim possible furniture. 

Yeah, I really love how you shortened your living room a bit, to create another area. And your kitchen is die for, so cute. :) Don't you just love wallovers? ❤️

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 2

Ever since I started working on my Windlass, I wanted a walk-in closet. Then I ran out of prim, and the dream was over. :( Until I discovered a way to save about 40 LI (without removing anything. Yep, that's me: the Pro.. err, Prim Queen 😀). So, as of today I have now a walk-in closet too!

kira_1.thumb.jpg.173ada4829888dc9171c355774e9d278.jpg

I added a drawer to the heightened area too, btw (let's just pretend houseboat space is meant to be used economically). Okay, here's a better angle of the walk-in closet:

kira_2.thumb.jpg.46d1d18dc003fcf7b47d11dc87ed5f84.jpg

And where that chicken wanted to go to when she crossed the road: the other side. :)

kira_6.thumb.jpg.677178c8261108cd3cee49fdd3cfd801.jpg

And just a gratuitous view outside:

kira_4.thumb.jpg.a6ef2b93dace8801222a4c25c162e882.jpg

N.B. I found these super-low LI closets at Blushes home, btw. They're only 1-3 LI each.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, kiramanell said:

Yeah, I really love how you shortened your living room a bit, to create another area. And your kitchen is die for for, so cute. :) Don't you just love wallovers? ❤️

They are an absolute must :) They make such a huge difference, and cost almost nothing in terms of LI.  I'm happy with my kitchen so far, it wouldn't have been possible without Marianne Little as she is the one that suggested a resizer script.   I'm trying to find a pantry or anything really, that will fit in nicely, right now all I have is a prim with an image on it.  

That pantry though, it fills an empty spot for now :)   I'm not sure what I want to put in there permanently, it looks weird with nothing at all.   I'm surprised how much more space these homes have than I thought originally when I first saw them in the preview region.  I thought I would never have enough room, now it is almost like I have too much space. 

Snapshot_741.thumb.png.8f60029869a35c2d3923941abaa4d7ef.png

I think you and others have done an amazing job, I don't know how you all do it!  I'm a bit jealous 😜 You all put everything together so nicely, and it all fits together as though it were art :) When I look at my own home, I am left feeling a bit underwhelmed, but, it is a work in progress :) Your home is amazing, I love the entire style of it, you really have a great eye for decorating.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, WillowTenage said:

They are an absolute must :) They make such a huge difference, and cost almost nothing in terms of LI.  I'm happy with my kitchen so far, it wouldn't have been possible without Marianne Little as she is the one that suggested a resizer script.   I'm trying to find a pantry or anything really, that will fit in nicely, right now all I have is a prim with an image on it.  

That pantry though, it fills an empty spot for now :)   I'm not sure what I want to put in there permanently, it looks weird with nothing at all.   I'm surprised how much more space these homes have than I thought originally when I first saw them in the preview region.  I thought I would never have enough room, now it is almost like I have too much space. 

Snapshot_741.thumb.png.8f60029869a35c2d3923941abaa4d7ef.png

I think you and others have done an amazing job, I don't know how you all do it!  I'm a bit jealous 😜 You all put everything together so nicely, and it all fits together as though it were art :) When I look at my own home, I am left feeling a bit underwhelmed, but, it is a work in progress :) Your home is amazing, I love the entire style of it, you really have a great eye for decorating.

Thank you for sharing that view of your kitchen! That wallpaper, and those plates on the wall, soooo cute! ❤️ And I love all that foods stuff in that cabinet. And those adorable pink flowers outside your window. :)

As for the rest, haha, I hear ya! I tend to feel the exact same way, when I see ppl post their gorgeous, cosy stuff here. Like when I see Blush post her awewsome homes, I definitely feel intimidated a bit. 😳 And I've often thought of not even posting any of my pictures here at all, cuz I feel I will look inferior to so many others. LOL. So, I definitely hear ya. :)

Of course, I decided to post my stuff, after all. Like you. And I'm glad you did. Everyone brings beauty to this thread. I'm, at heart, pretty insecure, so I keeping thinking "No way I can make something like that!!" I just use that feeling to absorb, and enjoy what I see others do. It's often astounding; and the ideas ppl are coming up with, it's often so simple, yet brilliant nonetheless. And humbling, really. Not so much so, though, so as not to post my own stuff, as it would be monumentally sad if ppl that, as I really hope ppl keep sharing! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kiramanell said:

Thank you for sharing that view of your kitchen! That wallpaper, and those plates on the wall, soooo cute! ❤️ And I love all that foods stuff in that cabinet. And those adorable pink flowers outside your window. :)

As for the rest, haha, I hear ya! I tend to feel the exact same way, when I see ppl post their gorgeous, cosy stuff here. Like when I see Blush post her awewsome homes, I definitely feel intimidated a bit. 😳 And I've often thought of not even posting any of my pictures here at all, cuz I feel I will look inferior to so many others. LOL. So, I definitely hear ya. :)

Of course, I decided to post my stuff, after all. Like you. And I'm glad you did. Everyone brings beauty to this thread. I'm, at heart, pretty insecure, so I keeping thinking "No way I can make something like that!!" I just use that feeling to absorb, and enjoy what I see others do. It's often astounding; and the ideas ppl are coming up with, it's often so simple, yet brilliant nonetheless. And humbling, really. Not so much so, though, so as not to post my own stuff, as it would be monumentally sad if ppl that, as I really hope ppl keep sharing! 

I'm glad I'm not the only one 😁  Blush is amazing, she really knows her stuff and how to really tie everything together with a low prim allowance.  I wouldn't even dare compare my work to hers, or I would be left a drooling mess on the floor 🤣  You have absolutely nothing to be insecure about, because you really do a great job too!  I'm glad to see your pictures posted, I think you really have a knack at this and a unique style that looks fantastic!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 275 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.