-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 275 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

O Lordy! You all know I get ideas from y'all too. That's the beauty of this thread. We can share and learn from each other. We can find different ways to use things we already have in our inventories or find new things that will complete that certain look we've been trying to achieve. We ALL have something to offer and we ALL have a unique way of doing things that benefits EVERYONE. Please keep sharing and never hold back!

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

O Lordy! You all know I get ideas from y'all too. That's the beauty of this thread. We can share and learn from each other. We can find different ways to use things we already have in our inventories or find new things that will complete that certain look we've been trying to achieve. We ALL have something to offer and we ALL have a unique way of doing things that benefits EVERYONE. Please keep sharing and never hold back!

While I still feel like a little kid playing with Legos next to you (I've upgraded myself from Duplo blocks lol), your talent and your pictures inspire me to push myself harder and try new decorating ideas. For so many years I have just bare bones decorated with the thought "if I have to pick this up quick to get more prims for a build" that I never really thought about rooms I don't use (like kitchens! Remember the prim hogs those were?) and now i have multiple kitchen sets! I made a bathroom yesterday even lol, and I have a laundry room. I've been playing the linking game with decor trying to squeeze out a few more Li. And slowly my building skills are improving again :)

• Like 6

11 hours ago, WillowTenage said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one 😁  Blush is amazing, she really knows her stuff and how to really tie everything together with a low prim allowance.  I wouldn't even dare compare my work to hers, or I would be left a drooling mess on the floor 🤣 

I wouldn't dare of dreaming even of comparing my work to hers. either. :) Haha! Fortunately, I don't have to, as we're all just having fun, right?!

On that note, I wasn't totally satisfied with the backside of my walk-in closet today. Slapping a hanger on that 'wall' is cute and all, but I wanted to make that area a wee bit more functional (like you would in a real home), using both 'sides' of the walk-in well. Tl;dr: I added a very chique, but nontheless adorable. vanity set there, and made the wall match the theme of my bed. Besides, purple and gold really go together very well, IMHO:

kira_7.thumb.jpg.b92db946ac722a96c980b7e3702bd004.jpg

• Like 11

1 hour ago, kiramanell said:

I wouldn't dare of dreaming even of comparing my work to hers. either. :) Haha! Fortunately, I don't have to, as we're all just having fun, right?!

On that note, I wasn't totally satisfied with the backside of my walk-in closet today. Slapping a hanger on that 'wall' is cute and all, but I wanted to make that area a wee bit more functional (like you would in a real home), using both 'sides' of the walk-in well. Tl;dr: I added a very chique, but nontheless adorable. vanity set there, and made the wall match the theme of my bed. Besides, purple and gold really go together very well, IMHO:

kira_7.thumb.jpg.b92db946ac722a96c980b7e3702bd004.jpg

This is really fun, I've enjoyed building in SL since I have started, but never became this involved with decorating.  Now I think I'm having more fun decorating my home, than building new ones 😆

I love it, you are making great use of your space :) I've been wanting to put a vanity in my bedroom somewhere, but my bedroom is the one room I have run out of space 😂 

Edited by WillowTenage
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

You and the others participating here have been a constant source of inspiration, before I started reading this thread and the other photo thread I didn't even want to do very much decoration to my house :) I always love it when I see you post pictures, I especially love your patio 😍 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

While I still feel like a little kid playing with Legos next to you (I've upgraded myself from Duplo blocks lol), your talent and your pictures inspire me to push myself harder and try new decorating ideas. For so many years I have just bare bones decorated with the thought "if I have to pick this up quick to get more prims for a build" that I never really thought about rooms I don't use (like kitchens! Remember the prim hogs those were?) and now i have multiple kitchen sets! I made a bathroom yesterday even lol, and I have a laundry room. I've been playing the linking game with decor trying to squeeze out a few more Li. And slowly my building skills are improving again :)

You said it precisely right! I really love how this thread is inspiring people. ❤️ Certainly me, that's for sure. I always strive for excellence, but was heretofore nonetheless missing a major factor: comparison. Like this houseboat with the curved roof (forgot its name). I looked at it, at first, and immediately thought "I can do nothing with this. It's an inherently impossible space." LOL. Then I saw Blushes awesome addon for it, and suddenly I'm looking at a multi-level platform, with room for a bed, the cutest little stairs, and a bathroom even! And I instantly realized the error of my ways, and thought, in shame, "Next time, Kira, look deeper!" Like a fave Captain of mine** once told Zoe, about his own boat, "Try and look past what she is, and onto what she can be!" The possibilties are always there, whether you see them or not. If anything, Bellisseria has taught me, so far, not to give up so easily.

Prim constraint is also a matter I'm having to contend with. Even though I always try and keep LI kinda in check, 5000 prim is a lot more to work with than 351. :) And I'm learning tons there too. I figure, if others can do it, then so can I. And I'm not just talking about complex linking techniques even. Like today I removed two small marmelade jars, and won an immediate 12 prim! That's a bit of a trap I tend to fall into: using older stuff, because I know it, and it looks cute, but isn't necessarily prim-friendly. And mesh looks, overall, endlessly better, and often comes with an almost impossible low LI. So, this has been a journey on prim-management too. A joy-ride, really, as I love the challenge! :) And then I visit other ppl's homes, and think again "Okay, Kira, next time, dig even deeper!" 😜 

**Captain Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds

• Like 3

On 5/19/2019 at 8:29 PM, Elora Lunasea said:

Ok so I've been slowly working on my alts houseboat all week. Passing goodies to her from my inventory and allowing her a bit of shopping too. Spent a lot of time this weekend and most of it is livable now although I'm not happy with the lounge chairs I rezzed out on the upper deck, so I'll swap those and I still need to work on the lower deck but the inside is pretty much done other needing some art on the walls and small tweaks here and there. Oh and I still need to rez out furniture on the lower deck and some plants inside and out - I have 100 prims left so I'll have to be cautious how those get used. I'm trying hard to save some to use for a small boat.

I picked up a couple of add-ons; one was Faye Blackheart's  Windlass Sky Deck to add stairs and railings to the upper deck and the other Blush's Add-On mod  that I ripped apart so I could use the parts I needed and/or re-texture as I wanted. I wound up not using the small room it came with because I built a bathroom off the back area (all by myself!) similar to one done by Cougar (thank you for the inspiration) who fyi did it much better but mine is passable 😋 for someone with low building skills.  I managed to get a couple of the darker walls of the build retextured by building them out on my own and using a ship lap texture I already had on hand.  

Anyway here's some shots I took earlier as of today.

Luna Sea, Windlass Houseboat - Downstairs View (Modified)Luna Sea, Windlass Houseboat - Kitchen (Modified)Luna Sea, Windlass Houseboat - BedroomLuna Sea, Windlass Houseboat - Bathroom (Added)Luna Sea, Windlass Houseboat - Bedroom, Looking towards Entry and Living Room (Modified)Luna Sea, Windlass Houseboat - Dining Area (Add-On, Modified, In-Progress)Sunset in Isthill, Bellisseria - Second Life

Love what you have done with your Windlass!  I think you did a fantastic job on the bathroom.  May I inquire as to where the shower is from?  

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, Cougar Sangria said:

Love what you have done with your Windlass!  I think you did a fantastic job on the bathroom.  May I inquire as to where the shower is from?  

Now that I finally have a Windlass myself, only now do I appreciate what an incredible build she made there! Elora is such a creative genius! ❤️

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

I have started to decorate the Continental house. Not much to show yet.... maybe I will change both the roof color, the shutter color and siding color. It is a good start.

Unedited.

continental_001.jpg

😍 I love that porch! :)  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Edit: I changed the chimney, replaced it with another - that has smoke.

LOL ... I thought about smoke but it's summer! lol

Guess I need to update the package with a little prim you can drop in and attach if you want smoke.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

LOL ... I thought about smoke but it's summer! lol

Guess I need to update the package with a little prim you can drop in and attach if you want smoke.

I'm just hoping you will make an addition that turns the back half of the Continental bedroom into a cute little master suite like you did for the Winchester. I've got a wall up now that is doing the job, but I just loved how you made that other master bath.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sehra Kauffman said:

I'm just hoping you will make an addition that turns the back half of the Continental bedroom into a cute little master suite like you did for the Winchester. I've got a wall up now that is doing the job, but I just loved how you made that other master bath.

I made a wall in that room for personal use. It didn't have a door but an archway because that room to me felt cramped with a wall/door combination. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I made a wall in that room for personal use. It didn't have a door but an archway because that room to me felt cramped with a wall/door combination. 

It is a little cramped, I will admit. I have the wall pushed very near the window so there is maximum bedroom space.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cougar Sangria said:

Hi Cougar, the shower, sink and toilet are by Fiasco. I think it was a Gacha but I don't remember from where off hand. Was within the past couple of months.

• Like 2

On 6/5/2019 at 1:58 PM, Zoya McDonnagh said:

Oh, I love kitchens! ❤️ And bedrooms, and living rooms, LOL. I generally skip on adding toilets, though: I usually figure I will just have to hold it in, while being in SL. 😛

• Like 1

On 6/6/2019 at 5:38 AM, Marianne Little said:

I have started to decorate the Continental house. Not much to show yet.... maybe I will change both the roof color, the shutter color and siding color. It is a good start.

Unedited.

continental_001.jpg

Hi neighbour 😀  (that's my house in the left of your picture). Have to admit, that porch really makes the continental look a lot better.

• Like 2

Hi, am feeling very happy with Windlass houseboat, still need to "prim down" a little, learn how to link items properly to reduce impact, and add some clutter :)  for modifications I used part of Blush's Windlass add on, the Monoceros pergola for the Winchester traditional house, FAYDED Sky Deck, psy.flow Nero Inside Skin for Windlass to cover up the navy wall, and Lovelace Resizable Wood Deck with Pool for LH.  And modified the Coastal Sunset environment setting to move the setting sun to the best spot!  Thank you to all the talented creators who are making things for the new Linden Homes and Houseboats...

Tranquility Living Room 1.png

Tranquility Kitchen.png

Tranquility Kitchen Dining.png

Tranquility Bar.png

Tranquility Sunset.png

• Like 12

36 minutes ago, Malayaa said:

Hi, am feeling very happy with Windlass houseboat, still need to "prim down" a little, learn how to link items properly to reduce impact, and add some clutter :)  for modifications I used part of Blush's Windlass add on, the Monoceros pergola for the Winchester traditional house, FAYDED Sky Deck, psy.flow Nero Inside Skin for Windlass to cover up the navy wall, and Lovelace Resizable Wood Deck with Pool for LH.  And modified the Coastal Sunset environment setting to move the setting sun to the best spot!  Thank you to all the talented creators who are making things for the new Linden Homes and Houseboats...

Tranquility Living Room 1.png

Tranquility Kitchen.png

Tranquility Kitchen Dining.png

Tranquility Bar.png

Tranquility Sunset.png

Love those  blue walls!  

• Like 3

Okay, I think my Windlass is truly reaching its final stages (LOL, when is that really ever true?!). I did quite a bit of remodeling, though. For one, I decided my vanity set really needed the chair that came with it. At first, I thought I would just do my thang off the edge of my bed, LOL, but no, couldn't live with that. :) And since the walk-in closet was blocking part of the left window anyway, I resolved to just 'tape it off' altogether (but, on purpose, not in a way you can see from the outside, so as not to disturb the exterior view), and added drapes for the one window left. Also, I moved the clothes rack towards the walk-in closet, as they conceptually go together now.

kira_1.thumb.jpg.ee8c7033556edb4e6b4c14ac9e866594.jpg

Before I continue, let me tell you something about pink: you can never go wrong with it. ❤️

Oh, and, haha, I finally fixed that barn light: it's now properly hanging over the green table (where it was always meant to be), instead of near the teacup sconce. I had simply forgotten to move it, all that time. Sometimes I can be such a moonbrain. 😌

kira_2.thumb.jpg.22e484908a909650e4441f787beb7f8b.jpg 

I even found room, prim-wise, for a wardrobe dresser (although its position is tentative):

kira_3.thumb.jpg.dd33ff4a648756d07083d1c91e274660.jpg

And finally, just a close-up of the vanity, with some extra goodies on it:

kira_4.thumb.jpg.c894344857e15072757b4f5da5ffab33.jpg

• Like 14

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 275 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.