Houseboat

Areaian Ellisson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1847 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

18 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

I found the post mentioned by Patch. 

Clicked on "Patch Linden" to get his feed list.

Found the date mentioned.

Here is the post.  You can easily read ALL of Patch's posts that way.

In the thread called LINDEN HOMES.

EDIT:  The exact quote would be "coming very soon" as you can see. 

image.thumb.png.ad245350192de69f275f45872cc3533e.png

That was on the 18th. The blog post advertising the new homes was made on the 15th. I signed up on the 16th.

Honestly, I am over it, it is what it is. I just am annoyed at people who keep making condescending posts spinning things in LL's favor. Perhaps you live and breath SL/LL but some of us are just here to experience SL and don't necessarily want to keep up with the business stuff to do it. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Caerolle Llewellyn said:

That was on the 18th. The blog post advertising the new homes was made on the 15th. I signed up on the 16th.

MY comment and link was to the person wanting to know when the NEW houseboats would be out. Nothing to do really with the original "they are avialable" blog post from Patch. This was AFTER all the houseboats were gone and about when the NEW ones would be ready.  

On 4/18/2019 at 7:40 PM, Candy Canningham said:

Were not sure they would be popular?  are you kidding..the stale homes are just that stale.  I been a premium member for a while and in SL for years and can't get one after I abandoned my old Tahoe house.  I am not amused at all.

Unless I missed a post or two this appears to be the only grumble about not getting a houseboat from an existing premium member, hidden amongst a tirade of complaints from people who have jumped on the premium bandwagon at the scent of a really decent premium perk.

It is only natural that people would go marauding after a decent perk, and I have every sympathy with those that have missed out on this round of releases, when it has cost them US$72.

However, I suspect that there is an awful lot of existing premium members, who have been subscribing for many years, who might just be a bit annoyed that they didn't get one either, but they are noticeably quiet so far. The sudden appearance of new premium members popping out of the woodwork and snapping up houseboats won't be going down very well with them though, and maybe their silence so far is related to the fact that they don't give a poo that new members will just have to wait, just like everyone else.

Edited by Odaks
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Odaks said:

when it has cost them US$72.

This is the part I have been pondering... how many did actually sign up for a whole year and how many just for a month of premium and in 1 months time we will see loads of houseboats and homes abandoned because they just jumped on the bandwagon to grab one to see.  A bit like those people who must get into a busy event on the first day, don't want to buy anything but just want to be first in.  

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Ed Faith said:

I just abandoned my old house to get a new one, but all I get are the old ones. When will you have more of the new houses? 

Did you read the thread and the links to Patch Linden's comments of "soon".  There is no actual timeline to report.  Just keep watching the forums and the LL blogs

6 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

This is the part I have been pondering... how many did actually sign up for a whole year and how many just for a month of premium and in 1 months time we will see loads of houseboats and homes abandoned because they just jumped on the bandwagon to grab one to see.  A bit like those people who must get into a busy event on the first day, don't want to buy anything but just want to be first in.  

Some that are playing the refresh game on the housing page might very well be rewarded for their perseverance. I was kinda bummed when exploring and seeing so many "prime locations" that are just sitting empty by those that jumped on the bandwagon but had zero desire to do anything with the lot they got.

Even when I had an old linden home and was living on a private island, I still decorated a bit so that it wasn't an empty eyesore for my neighbors.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

I was kinda bummed when exploring and seeing so many "prime locations" that are just sitting empty by those that jumped on the bandwagon but had zero desire to do anything with the lot they got.

Or they could be like me -- I did grab a house right away, because I knew they would be popular and I wanted what would be a 'good location to me' (more woodsy, rather than beachy or middle suburbia) - but I was also on an extreme work schedule the last couple of weeks and I'm traveling on vacation this week.  Therefore, all of my decorating just has to wait until I return home next week.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

LL's reps can say whatever they want, but I dont really care about the other "features" I got a premium for housing. The stipend is nothing, 300L? That doesnt go far. Live support? I've only ever had long waits for "support" when I've had to reach out to support.

I feel i got taken too, because I went through the process of letting go of my old home around the 16th, and found it was sold out.

I was patient, I waited all weekend before complaining, and its the 22nd now, and still I have nothing. LL really should have figured it would be high demand. 

Edited by AtriaLightmare

On 4/20/2019 at 12:03 PM, Chicky Delicioso said:

Yes, I think they will have houseboats, and also trailer park type set ups, and hopefully something fantasy style. I really think they will do something fae/mermaidish. I guess it could be wishful thinking, but I bet you they will. 

ohhh I would totally live in an SL trailer park!

I abandoned and got five houseboats and tried just once more for a better location, forgetting the magic number is FIVE!  I had to wait 24 hours to try again and they were all gone.  lol  Darn it, Nikki!  Serves me right.  Now I have to wait.  But, that's okay, I'm going over to Chic's houseboat and hanging out, when I find it.  haha

14 hours ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

I was kinda bummed when exploring and seeing so many "prime locations" that are just sitting empty by those that jumped on the bandwagon but had zero desire to do anything with the lot they got.

Even when I had an old linden home and was living on a private island, I still decorated a bit so that it wasn't an empty eyesore for my neighbors.

Or they could be waiting for the moles to re-set the mailbox on their plot before starting to unpack.

There are quite a few reports of homes suddenly disappearing or not being able to select the houseboat style right now, due to a scripting error within the mailbox itself.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nikki Mathieson said:

ohhh I would totally live in an SL trailer park!

Be careful what you wish for; there are new tiers of Premium Membership coming. If there is a lower tier than the current one... So don't give @Patch Linden any ideas. Bahahaha!

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/17/2019 at 8:50 AM, Stephy Silvercloud said:

These new Homes, why are we not able to pick the style/size we want, like we've always been able to do? You click traditional, and it picks a random style/size for you...that doesn't make much sense to me.

Each plot has a Rezzer so you can choose the House style (or Houseboat model) you wish, and change at any time!  Very clever idea I think!  I hope you got one, I'm so far behind in reading posts.

On 4/22/2019 at 1:49 AM, Cindy Evanier said:

Did you read the thread and the links to Patch Linden's comments of "soon".  There is no actual timeline to report.  Just keep watching the forums and the LL blogs

I'm watching :) 

It's not that I'm homeless, lol, I do have a home :) 

On 4/20/2019 at 5:45 PM, Luna Bliss said:

I think it's better to do a limited launch of just about anything in order to access the beginning stages and determine the best way moving forward.t anything out.

I would say that holds true for most everything in SL... except for the premium homes, as they are a perk for every premium member. The current choice is not so much between a boathouse or some other, equally nice home, but between a sweet new 1024m boathouse, or a crappy old-style home with only 117 prim. In other words, the new boathouses (and other types of homes on the new region) are of a qualitative superior nature than the old homes. And since we're all paying the same Premium fees, we should all be able to get the same quality home.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kiramanell said:
On 4/20/2019 at 10:45 AM, Luna Bliss said:

I think it's better to do a limited launch of just about anything in order to access the beginning stages and determine the best way moving forward.

I would say that holds true for most everything in SL... except for the premium homes, as they are a perk for every premium member. The current choice is not so much between a boathouse or some other, equally nice home, but between a sweet new 1024m boathouse, or a crappy old-style home with only 117 prim. In other words, the new boathouses (and other types of homes on the new region) are of a qualitative superior nature than the old homes. And since we're all paying the same Premium fees, we should all be able to get the same quality home.

Sure all residents should be able to have a nice new Linden home, but this doesn't negate the fact that there is a process that needs to happen in the unfolding of the new continent -- one that takes time and occurs in phases so that better optimization can take place.
An example -- so many mailboxes are not working correctly. Perhaps they can fix this now that they know the problem is occurring on these limited regions -- it can then be applied on all future deployments from the getgo instead of wasting time fixing each region retroactively.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:
5 hours ago, kiramanell said:
On 4/20/2019 at 8:45 AM, Luna Bliss said:

I think it's better to do a limited launch of just about anything in order to access the beginning stages and determine the best way moving forward.

Sure all residents should be able to have a nice new Linden home, but this doesn't negate the fact that there is a process that needs to happen in the unfolding of the new continent -- one that takes time and occurs in phases so that better optimization can take place.
An example -- so many mailboxes are not working correctly. Perhaps they can fix this now that they know the problem is occurring on these limited regions -- it can then be applied on all future deployments from the getgo instead of wasting time fixing each region retroactively.

Of course, the alternative is to wait the full year or more watching the entire continent be built, full of thousands of *empty* Linden Homes that no one can have until everything is all tied up with a pretty pink bow (pink because I say pink, full stop).

As for the 512 LL homes - I'm all but fully certain there still will be (new) 512 m2 LL homes because 1) There may be a new lower-tiered Premium level and 2) Some with 1024 m2 would rather use the other 512 elsewhere for other things, i.e., a small in-world retail shop, etc. Anyone complaining about how things are being done right now is giving off a scent of selfishness (it's all about me) that does not shine a very flattering light upon them. //Just Saying. 

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 5

43 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Anyone complaining about how things are being done right now is giving off a scent of selfishness (it's all about me) that does not shine a very flattering light upon them. //Just Saying. 

Instead of complaining, people might want to consider devoting that time to refreshing the "get your Linden home" page. I saw a houseboat on there this morning. Alas, it is no longer there. ;) 

• Like 2

am living in a one room flat at the moment waiting on a new linden traditional. I think people that are waiting on house boats and took traditional homes should move to the old classics and let those of us looking for traditional homes have a chance to get one. 

• Haha 2

I seen there is made ready for new land, I seen the beginning of houseboat docks, we know they are working on this. So instead of being negative. Use the time to explore Bellisseria - get to know other people there. Plan how you want your new home to be. It is happening, we just have to wait until they are ready 😊

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1847 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.