What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On November 30, 2019 at 5:15 PM, Selene Gregoire said:

Complete strangers IMing to ask for a tp. Not going to happen. I don't know you and I damn sure aren't going to tp you to wherever I happen to be. Especially if I'm at my home!

I have occasion sent the TP then immediately TPed someplace else.

• Haha 2

Ok, guess I have a Pet Peeve right now. I am getting tired of people (Well, one person in particular) Who IM's me with a Hello, how are you?  If I see the message I will answer.  But, a lot of times I just do not see it and so I do not reply. Then I will get another message saying,  I said hello to you yesterday ( or whenever the message was sent) and you did not answer, I guess you didn't see it....  *sighs* This really ticks me off lately and I am biting my lip not to send back a really snarky answer.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Saraya Starr said:

Ok, guess I have a Pet Peeve right now. I am getting tired of people (Well, one person in particular) Who IM's me with a Hello, how are you?  If I see the message I will answer.  But, a lot of times I just do not see it and so I do not reply. Then I will get another message saying,  I said hello to you yesterday ( or whenever the message was sent) and you did not answer, I guess you didn't see it....  *sighs* This really ticks me off lately and I am biting my lip not to send back a really snarky answer.

Firestorm should add the ability to create an Autoresponse just to specified people or groups of people.

"Hi there. Thanks so much for IMing me, however I don't tend to pay much attention to IMs sometimes, so it might be a while before I see this.  It is also possible that I'll log out without ever seeing it.  This just happens to be who I am.  If you want to be offended, I suppose you have that right, but I won't try to soothe your hurt feelings.  Have a nice day!!"

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Firestorm should add the ability to create an Autoresponse just to specified people or groups of people.

"Hi there. Thanks so much for IMing me, however I don't tend to pay much attention to IMs sometimes, so it might be a while before I see this.  It is also possible that I'll log out without ever seeing it.  This just happens to be who I am.  If you want to be offended, I suppose you have that right, but I won't try to soothe your hurt feelings.  Have a nice day!!"

Ok, I would so love for this to happen ;) I would ask to steal your response if it did! 🤣

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

9 minutes ago, Saraya Starr said:

Ok, I would so love for this to happen ;) I would ask to steal your response if it did! 🤣

It's sort of already there.

Autoresponse 1 Tab

The fields here allow you to customize autoresponse messages, to be sent when your have some of the autorespond modes set from the top menu, Comm → Online Status.

Automatic response when in UNAVAILABLE (ie, BUSY) mode: Put the busy autoresponse message you want sent in this text box. To actually enable autorespond, go to the top menu bar → Comm → Online Status.

Automatic response to all avatars when in AUTORESPONSE to everyone mode: The message here is sent to people who IM you, if you enable Comm → Online Status → Autorespond.

Automatic response to non-friends when in AUTORESPONSE TO NON-FRIENDS mode: Similar to the above, but sent when Comm → Online Status → Autorespond to non-friends is enabled.

Send autoresponse when in AWAY mode: If enabled, a message will be sent if someone IMs you while you are Away, set in Comm → Online status → away.

Send autoresponse to MUTED avatars: If this is enabled, then a message will be sent if someone you have muted, sends you an IM.

Autoresponse 2 Tab

Automatic response to all avatars when in REJECT TELEPORT OFFERS mode: This message is displayed when you enable Comm → Online Status → Automatically reject teleport offers.

Don't reject teleport offers (and send response) from people on friends list: If this is on, then TP offers from friends will not be automatically rejected.

Automatic response to all avatars when in REJECT FRIENDSHIP REQUESTS mode: This message will be sent to anyone requesting friendship, if that option is enabled.

Autoresponse item: You can drag an item into the field here, to have it delivered to people when autoresponse messages are enabled.

I usually just use the "autoresponse to everyone". Mine says something about being out of order and if I find order in my life, I'll get back to you. Leave your message after the beep. BEEEEEP! *click* 

:D

Edited by Selene Gregoire

I've used the Autoresponse to everyone, the response to non-friends and the response to muted folks.  However, I can apparently create 'groups' of friends - never saw a reason for that feature before (nor do I even know how to do it).  However, I could see a use now -- a group called "annoying, but I still like them" and then, if Firestorm let me send to a specific friends group, I could send just those annoying folks their own special response -- kind of how the muted folks get their own very special response.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I've used the Autoresponse to everyone, the response to non-friends and the response to muted folks.  However, I can apparently create 'groups' of friends - never saw a reason for that feature before (nor do I even know how to do it).  However, I could see a use now -- a group called "annoying, but I still like them" and then, if Firestorm let me send to a specific friends group, I could send just those annoying folks their own special response -- kind of how the muted folks get their own very special response.

You could always file an FS Jira and see if it's doable. I don't think it would be but I'm not a dev.

There are several reasons why you would want to file a JIRA:

To request a new feature

To request an improvement

To report a bug

To request support

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/file_a_jira

https://jira.firestormviewer.org/secure/Signup!default.jspa

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Thanks 1

It's not really a pet peeve, and I suppose this may not even be the right place to say this, but... um... Christmas Expo: Creator has a booth, their Logo sign out front... and it's completely empty. I wonder if they know how BAD they look when this happens.

Pet peeve: as usual, no demo=no sale, people.

My #1 Pet Peeve is seeing naked avatars standing in stores, changing clothes! 

Come on people!  You're in the city now...go somewhere alone.  Lots of shop have dressing rooms.  When you find one...make a LM to use next time. Share it.

Or you can rent a room or fly out over an ocean and land on the sea floor or under a bush..anyplace but in a public area.

When I see this...I pass them a LM to a more private place.  Some even say "thank you"....just like RL.  😃

Ad pictures that have been turned sideways or almost sideways.  Show me the darn outfit in a proper upright position please - unless the person is laying down or lounging for a proper reason.

Ugh - and I hate all the Flickr pics that everyone turns sideways also, especially when pretty much every single one of their pictures is turned the same way, showing that they have little imagination in picture framing.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Ad pictures that have been turned sideways or almost sideways.  Show me the darn outfit in a proper upright position please - unless the person is laying down or lounging for a proper reason.

Ugh - and I hate all the Flickr pics that everyone turns sideways also, especially when pretty much every single one of their pictures is turned the same way, showing that they have little imagination in picture framing.

Add to that the ones that chop of the legs when part of the outfit are pants. If I can't see the full outfit, no sale.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ana Beckett said:

My #1 Pet Peeve is seeing naked avatars standing in stores, changing clothes! 

Come on people!  You're in the city now...go somewhere alone.  Lots of shop have dressing rooms.  When you find one...make a LM to use next time. Share it.

Or you can rent a room or fly out over an ocean and land on the sea floor or under a bush..anyplace but in a public area.

When I see this...I pass them a LM to a more private place.  Some even say "thank you"....just like RL.  😃

Okay, so I'm sorta guilty of this. I change into demos in store because I'm lazy, and life is too short to yoyo in and out of a store like that. But I don't just stand around naked, I do try and ninja-change as quickly as possible, as I'm not a fan of just chillin on a General-related sim with ya bits hangin out.

Related pet peeve: stores that have teleport routing. You are the reason I get changed in front of a vendor.

12 hours ago, AyelaNewLife said:

Okay, so I'm sorta guilty of this. I change into demos in store because I'm lazy, and life is too short to yoyo in and out of a store like that. But I don't just stand around naked, I do try and ninja-change as quickly as possible, as I'm not a fan of just chillin on a General-related sim with ya bits hangin out.

Related pet peeve: stores that have teleport routing. You are the reason I get changed in front of a vendor.

I have to admit, I do this too so I can try things on faster. But I only do top or bottom at a time. And my generals are always safely tucked away as not to scandalize anyone. 

12 hours ago, AyelaNewLife said:

I have to admit, I do this too so I can try things on faster. But I only do top or bottom at a time. And my generals are always safely tucked away as not to scandalize anyone. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Marut72 said:

And my generals are always safely tucked away as not to scandalize anyone. 

Gentlemen! You can't fight in here! This is the war room!

(I'm sorry, I know it's auto-correct. Just couldn't resist.)

Edited by Amina Sopwith
Misquotation corrected.
  • Haha 3

You want to try a demo on in the store, in front of everybody? Simple! Just put the demo on, then take the original outfit off.

Unless you're already out of attachments points (and probably lagging everyones' viewers with your high complexity), this really is too easy:)

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Gentlemen! You can't fight in here! This is the war room!

(I'm sorry, I know it's auto-correct. Just couldn't resist.)

Oh my God! That is too funny. I think I’m going to refer to my testicles as the generals from now on. 

I don’t usually laugh out loud, but you made me laugh out loud. 

Damn you iPhone, but I will take full responsibility because I’m the leader of this army!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.